The return of Dr. Gho

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I actually read this off another hair loss forum, I'm kinda surprised it hasn't been posted on here yet, from the sounds of it, it's actually pretty amazing.

Basically it's a hair transplant, but with theoretical unlimited donor hair, or at least twice the amount of available donor hair, I'm not completely sure, it costs about 86$ to read the full abstract I think. It's not the "best" theoretical solution since you still need a hair transplant surgeon to "design" your hairline, and I'm not the biggest fan of having someone other than god or nature design my hairline as is supposed to be the case with the other main companies we've been following since with them it's supposed to either revive existing follicles or create new ones but still harnessing your natural powers of biology. But then again we do have some very top notch hair transplant doctors in our day and age who are pretty damn good at replicating a natural hairline. Of course beggars can't be choosers, and I would definitely splurge the cash for a top notch hair transplant Doctor to get it just right if this stuff actually happens for sure. I'm also kind of thinking clinical trials for this might not take as long since it's basically an update to regular hair transplants which is already an approved procedure.

Have a look for yourself:

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546630903359814

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a little article on tressless about it:

http://tressless.com/2010/04/27/unlimited-donor-hair-from-coen-ghos-partial-unit-extraction/

Gho might actually be already practicing the technique down in Amsterdam, and might have done this on some Dutch celebrities.

I don't think I would mind taking a trip down there and getting super high for the procedure :) . It's supposed to be very labor extensive, and take a really long time, not to mention expensive as f***.

We're going to Amsterdam!!! Weed and Hair for everyone!! yaaay!

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
It's supposed to be very labor extensive, and take a really long time, not to mention expensive as f*ck.
Taking a long time is not a problem for me personally, actually I prefer that since I would not like to grow overnight new hair (overnight = a few months). Cost is the real issue.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When i heard of dr gho i asked dr rassman This question and the answer he gave me seems to follow the hunch i had

it's a scam and an easy way for him to charge for a standard hair transplant

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
When i heard of dr gho i asked dr rassman This question and the answer he gave me seems to follow the hunch i had

I don't know. There is a publication now on this technique in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment. For me the question is not what other doctors say having only a partial view of the matter (Dr Rassman's comments are from last year, the publication is from the current year) but if this journal is a normal scientific peer-reviewed one or not. You can fool the patients but not the scientific community.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vox said:
somone uk said:

I don't know. There is a publication now on this technique in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment. For me the question is not what other doctors say having only a partial view of the matter (Dr Rassman's comments are from last year, the publication is from the current year) but if this journal is a normal scientific peer-reviewed one or not. You can fool the patients but not the scientific community.
i tbh haven't read the journal entry (i migtht read it later) but it really depends what context it's in the journal, i would accept dr ghos idea of donar heair regrowing as a hypophasis but not as a proven methord

for me to belive him i would need to see a study with proper mathmatical data and valid peer reveiws

is this a recent entry, he might of been buried by peer reveiws already

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
...i would accept dr ghos idea of donar heair regrowing as a hypophasis but not as a proven methord

for me to belive him i would need to see a study with proper mathmatical data and valid peer reveiws
This is how this study should be considered at this point. But if we see in the future more data consistent with the original claims from more extensive and independent studies, then there may be something worth in there.

But even such a seemingly direct departure from classic FUE would need significant effort to prove that it offers real and substantial benefits, before it replaces what we have today.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
on our dutch hairforum there a few patients of dr gho
they cant say for sure that they see regrowht they say...
so its still a bit questionmark , with a verry high bill....

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:

You do know that Dr. Rassman tends to have a habit of putting down every new development in hair restoration.

To be totally honest though, I am personally very skeptical of the procedure, I get the feeling even if it might work, wouldn't the transplanted follicle be only 50% of the thickness of the original donor hair?

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
This isn't anything new. Hes been doing this for some time now. It may or may not work. It makes sense to me on paper, but to actually do it in practice seems like it would be very very difficult, not to mention actually documenting these regrowths.

What GHO could do, if he has the confidence in his technique, is to do this on his own face, on his beard hair in one area. Therefore if the hair grows back he will have a beard still. If the hair does not grow back, there will be a bald patch on his beard, and the technique will clearly not work.

If the technique worked as well as the bill suggest he should have no problem doing this, as it would sky rocket his sales and profit.

Also take into consideration that this has been around for almost a decade now, and if it really worked well his technique would be the only technique used.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
[quote="somone uk":w4h6kixg]When i heard of dr gho i asked dr rassman This question and the answer he gave me seems to follow the hunch i had

You do know that Dr. Rassman tends to have a habit of putting down every new development in hair restoration.
[/quote:w4h6kixg]
he's been working in hair restoration for a long time, he has heard it all and seen it all
even in the 1970's people were talking about HM coming in 3-5 years so i can't blame him for being a little pessimistic but at least it's better to be pessimistic and then be proven wrong than it is to be optimistic and disappointed
dr rassman is a respected hair transplant surgeon that has chaired the ISHRS many times and i think it would be wise to believe him if he said that the quality of dr ghos science is crap

Reaction score
These are Dr Ghos anwsers to my questions.
Referring to your questions, I hereby inform you the following:

Our goal of a hair transplantation is not to achieve a “dense as possibleâ€￾ result, but a “natural as possibleâ€￾ result. We therefore don’t look only at the present state, but also at the consequences in the future.

I was wondering is there a guarantee that all the donor hair will come back as normal hair or will some hair return?

Regrowth in the donor area is minimal 80%. The regrowth in the recipient area is 95 to 100%. The re-growth in the donor area will be immediate and after three months of the same quality.

If the donor hair returns will this hair be able to be used again, and if yes, how long after can it be used?

The same area can be used again after 9 months.

Could the transplantation be done by you or or is it always done but someone else?

Sometimes on request, and if there is a special reason/medical indication, I will do the treatment, but most of the times, one of my colleagues will perform the treatments.

How far off is the hair stem cell injection from being used in the clinics, and what can someone expect from this?

At this moment, we are exploring possibilities to train other medical teams or clinics to perform the treatments at their medical facilities, but because this new technique is still improving, we are looking for a practical solution to educate other medical teams and integrate these developments in the future.

hairlossMI6

Reaction score
somone uk said:
dr rassman is a respected hair transplant surgeon that has chaired the ISHRS many times and i think it would be wise to believe him if he said that the quality of dr ghos science is crap

Do you know THE TRUTH why doctors like Dr. Rassman or Dr. Woods are pissed about researchers like Dr. Gho ?

The simple answer: They know that HE IS a real researcher …

If you would like to know in detail, WHY especially these two doctors are annoyed as well as harassed about Dr. Gho, you WILL know this in detail in the very near future.

Anyway – it seems that currently there are many ongoing discussions out there like this.

Reaction score
Hairlossm16-I agree with you one hundred percent. Is there some information that you know that will be released about those to doctors you mentioned that no one else knows.?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr rassman:
chaired ISHRS several times
pioneered hair transplant methods
worked in the field for a long time
respected by many in the field

Dr gho:
chaired nothing
made a "breakthrough" but hasn't adequately PROVED it works
respected by few

hairlossMI6

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Dr rassman:
chaired ISHRS several times [does this give you a full head of hair?] :shakehead:
pioneered hair transplant methods [which doesn't give you a full head of hair, besides the fact, that he "pioneered" nothing, and all such methods just destroy valuably hair follicles] :shakehead:
worked in the field for a long time [destroyed many hair follicles for a long time, and didn't improve anything during the past 10 years] :shakehead:
respected by many in the field [does this give you a full head of hair?] :shakehead:

All in all, physicians like Dr. Rassman, just opend with his the doors for unskilled physicians out there and thereby LOTS of human guinea pigs walked right into the "dirty little secret" trap - until to today! This is the reality and truth.

In contrast to physicians like Dr. Rassman, a few physicians and researchers, like Dr. Gho, STUDIED extremly carefully less as possible invasiv techniques:

Started for a short period of time with his own "FUE" technique (since April 2002), short after with "FM" (Follicular Multiplication - 20 to 70% success rate) and since 2005, first experimentally, "HST" (HairStemcell Tranplantation - >80% success rate).

But to make THE perfect "FUE" procedure/technique (HST) possible, FIRST of all, profound research has been necessary, like very important studies like this one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15149497

This (necessary) study has finally been the key for THE perfect hair transplantation:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20388024

Just to transplant individual hair follicles from A to B, guys like Johann Friedrich Dieffenbach could successfully accomplish this already in 1822 (followed by many others BEFORE "Dr. Woods" or "Dr. Rassman").

But to successfully and consistent (and with the same characteristics) MULTIPLYING hair follicles, as far as I know, besides Dr. Gho, nobody else on this planet has been able. But what I'm telling here - there is no need anymore for Dr. Gho and his team "to prove" anything anyone:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Recently, a Dutch authority decided for HSI, and that the Hair Science Institute definitely has the permission and the right for all their claims on their website.

Source: http://www.hasci.com
(Translation Dutch/English)
--------------------------
HSI wins lawsuit at the Reclame Code Commissie!

On 15 July 2010, the Hair Science Institute (HSI) could at the Reclame Code Commissie (RCC) successfully defend a lawsuit by some hair transplant clinics due to false statements made by HSI. This lawsuit was the newest episode of a continuing series of efforts of these clinics to discredit HSI.

Reason for the lawsuit against HSI were the made claims by HSI of "hair multiplication" as a result of HSI’s patented Hairstemcell Transplantation® (HST), and that for the hair multiplication claims no evidence exists. The applicants were:

• Transhair BV
• Aesthetic Team BV
• Laser Surgery
• Prohairclinic
• Hairplus Medical Care

After a fair hearing of all affected parties and experts, finally the commission came to the decision, that HSI has just made plausible statements on their website and judged therefore the lawsuit for unfounded.
In addition, the claim the popular Dutchman Gerard Joling has HSI “linked to his name†was dismissed by the commission as irrelevant. In the attached PDF file, you can read the official decision of the Reclame Code Commissie.

This decision was truly no surprise for HSI and its clients. However, for HSI it is gratifying to see, that now the Reclame Code Commissie too has confirmed, that Hairstemcell Transplantation@ (HST) and its resulting unique statement of "hair multiplication" is fully justified.

We hope you enjoy reading!

Official decision of the Reclame Code Commissie (RCC):

http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/ ... aakRCC.pdf
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On the other hand, you should prefer physicians like Dr. Rassman, because he "chaired ISHRS many times" ... :bravo:

Reaction score
The only thing that makes me question Dr. Gho is.. if his technique can enable the person to use the donor hair multiple times why doesnt he have any pictures on his website showing at least one person with a complete restoration. Wont showing full restorations pictures make himself and clinic more credible? I just dont get it.

hairlossMI6

Reaction score
miozambrotta19 said:
The only thing that makes me question Dr. Gho is.. if his technique can enable the person to use the donor hair multiple times why doesnt he have any pictures on his website showing at least one person with a complete restoration. Wont showing full restorations pictures make himself and clinic more credible? I just dont get it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Posted: Wed Sep 8th, 2010 01:13 am

I have spoken personally with three different doctors at HSI, and have spent a total of well over an hour on the phone with them (the long distance charges sucked!). They were very patient with me, answered all my questions, criticisms and skepticism. They have also sent me clear close-up photos of before and afters showing donor regrowth after the procedure.

They started this new technique just a couple of years ago and the success they say is unquestionable. We just don't hear about it because we're across the Atlantic and doctors here will not give credit where its due because the procedure is patented -- let's face it, if the average prospective patient knew they could do an FUE procedure without loss of donor, they would take the option.

Yes, HSI admitted to me that the procedure was flawed in the early 2000s (causing much less donor regrowth), but Dr. Gho developed a much improved technique (splitting follicles laterally instead of horizontally) that guarantees at least 80% donor regrowth -- and he parted ways with his old clinic shortly thereafter to start HSI.

I asked HSI why they don't have photos on their site of NW6s transformed to NW1. They said the technique has only been around for a couple of years, you can only have approx 1500 grafts per procedure, and you have to wait at least 9 months between each one. So there hasn't been time for any drastic transformations yet. They admit their marketing sucks, but have said they really don't feel pressure to prove their naysayers wrong because they're booked through mid-2011 as it is. Clearly they're doing something right!

You also don't see any eurpoean patients really that are posting on english speaking forums because of the language barrier I assume. But we see their results because the clinics do the posting themselves -- when I asked about this, HSI readily admitted that they aren't active in this respect because the demand far exceeds their ability to meet it already... But for what it's worth I have seen the shaved-down donor regrowth on an HSI patient post-procedure with my own eyes. (I know, I know, I'm just some guy on a forum making that claim.. But what else can I do?
:dunno: )

Source: google it!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<