The result of MSM.

okami

Reaction score
Please tell about the result by the MSM.

How do you use MSM?
Mixed the powder with schampo? Works fine?
Pills?

Thanks.

G

It makes your hair grow faster. I plan to use it with capsules. Never heard about it as topical shampoo.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
It makes your hair grow faster. I plan to use it with capsules. Never heard about it as topical shampoo.

makes your thicker as well, use at least 2 1000mg capsules a day and u'll see results in 1-2 weeks, i noticed i have less sheds due to stronger hair

G

Wezz said:
Taugenichts said:

makes your thicker as well, use at least 2 1000mg capsules a day and u'll see results in 1-2 weeks, i noticed i have less sheds due to stronger hair

I hope I am wrong and you are right. Sounds very easy.

powersam

Reaction score
i take 2g three times a day, so 6g over all. dont know about making my hair grow faster but my skin is healthier and apparently it has a positive effect on insulin sensitivity which we all know is my hairloss obsession.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you aren't taking vitamin C with MSM, you're not absorbing MSM as well as you could be.

http://www.kornax.com/MSM_Dosage_Charts.htm

I only take 4g MSM in the AM along with 1g vitamin C. But I also add 2g to my minoxidil.

powersam

Reaction score
i bought 4kg of bulk msm and a 500g jar of msm + vitamin c and mixed it all together. but i also get more than adequate vit c in my diet.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
I took MSM for two or three months and it made my back hair longer and thicker than it's ever been; stopped taking it and my back hair isn't at thick anymore. MSM's the devil.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
I took MSM for two or three months and it made my back hair longer and thicker than it's ever been; stopped taking it and my back hair isn't at thick anymore. MSM's the devil.

soo, you do realize that there is a very simple solution to your quandary.

G

How does MSM make hair grow faster? i hear this from many people and have used it myself but have never heard a reasoning for why it makes hair grow faster. hair growth rates are determined by genetics. some people's hair grows faster than others. now msm is an internal solution so if it works then it must do something to affect the growth rate. what exactly does it do to make hair grow faster?

i've asked this question many times and never gotten a straight answer.

okami

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

MSM sells in pills and powder. And with the powder you can mixes it with the schampoo you´re using.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
How does MSM make hair grow faster? i hear this from many people and have used it myself but have never heard a reasoning for why it makes hair grow faster. hair growth rates are determined by genetics. some people's hair grows faster than others. now msm is an internal solution so if it works then it must do something to affect the growth rate. what exactly does it do to make hair grow faster?

I wondered about this also - lots of anecdotal evidence but little more than that. My hair is thicker since I began using MSM, but I'd sooner attribute that to the minoxidil which I am also using - at least there is a little evidence minoxidil increases hair diameter.

I can only offer my own anecdotal evidence - MSM helped me with joint pain, but I cannot vouch for any claim being made regarding hair. I just can't tell...

G

tchehov said:
JayMan said:

I wondered about this also - lots of anecdotal evidence but little more than that. My hair is thicker since I began using MSM, but I'd sooner attribute that to the minoxidil which I am also using - at least there is a little evidence minoxidil increases hair diameter.

I can only offer my own anecdotal evidence - MSM helped me with joint pain, but I cannot vouch for any claim being made regarding hair. I just can't tell...

i could see how it could help with joint pain. as for hair, i think it's much more likely that the minoxidil thickened your hair. there is a hell of a lot more evidence backing up the thickening powers of minoxidil.

like i said i've asked the question many times and never gotten a striaght answer.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All I can say and contribute is that MSM at 3 grams a day made not only my hair on my head but my arm, leg and butt hair longer. (I know TMI, too much information) but it's true. The hair on my legs is so long now. Maybe it enhances protein synthesis b/c after all soft tissue and hair is maintained and kept healthy with protein.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is MSM shampoo already.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=msm ... tnG=Search