The real cause of male pattern baldness - Discovered and explained

Do you believe this?

• Total voters

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of interest do you have a theory as to why hairloss may be related to jawline and galea? If this is true why do you believe this would occur?
I explained it in my first post of this thread.
In a few words, people with high hair density and thicker hair are less prone to develop common har loss.
Yes. People with thicker hair have more blood vessels in their scalp and have less chance for hypoxia happening.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Families with many male children are a proof that male pattern baldness isn't exclusively genetic and you are your own individual human being and anything can happen.

murray-bros-01.jpg

For example look at Murray Brothers and how everyone is at different Norwood. It's a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Genetic factors exist for sure because in the British study that I posted a link to men having certain gene report severe hair loss more often but no gene guaranteed in this study that men having this gene always don't go bald or go bald. I think the genetic factors are genes for big brain, how genes affecting brain development are expressed or something else. Flat cheekbones and vertically grown jawline maybe due to genetics or early weening or use of paccifiers like the guy from tmdocclusion.com states. The huge part of it is I think in the way your mother has raised you and other is how did you develop in the womb. Every pregnancy is different and the condition of raising every child are different. That your father is a NW2 that doesn't mean that you will be too.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained it in my first post of this thread.

Yes. People with thicker hair have more blood vessels in their scalp and have less chance for hypoxia happening.

Another question. How come from my observation (could be false), guys with low hairline, thick hair texture and certain ethnicities seem more prone to female pattern hair loss? FPHL doesn't seem as common in Caucasian men as in Mediterranean, Arab, Indian and Chinese men for example.

lanedave

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are multiple causes of hair loss, from changes in diet to chronic diseases, and in this comprehensive report we will introduce you to the most prominent of them, and ways to deal with them.

We start with the American dermatologist Francesca Fusco, who says that the average hair loss per person ranges between 50 and 100 hairs per day because the hair usually goes through different cycles. Hair loss does not affect a certain group of people, and it is also very common among women.

It is worth noting that the problem of hair loss can psychologically affect women, as a 2015 study confirmed that hair loss in women affects the concept of self-esteem, generates feelings of depression and impedes social relationships. Therefore, a person must determine the reason why his hair is falling out so that he can solve the problem, according to the report published by the Spanish newspaper 'Confidencial' by writer Ada Nuño.
1- Thyroid problems
2- Iron deficiency anemia
3- Dermatology
4- Lupus
5- Weight loss
6- Excessive care
7- Polycystic ovary syndrome

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question. How come from my observation (could be false), guys with low hairline, thick hair texture and certain ethnicities seem more prone to female pattern hair loss? FPHL doesn't seem as common in Caucasian men as in Mediterranean, Arab, Indian and Chinese men for example.
Men with this hairline and hair like this usually don't go bald or thin at all.

There are multiple causes of hair loss, from changes in diet to chronic diseases, and in this comprehensive report we will introduce you to the most prominent of them, and ways to deal with them.

We start with the American dermatologist Francesca Fusco, who says that the average hair loss per person ranges between 50 and 100 hairs per day because the hair usually goes through different cycles. Hair loss does not affect a certain group of people, and it is also very common among women.

It is worth noting that the problem of hair loss can psychologically affect women, as a 2015 study confirmed that hair loss in women affects the concept of self-esteem, generates feelings of depression and impedes social relationships. Therefore, a person must determine the reason why his hair is falling out so that he can solve the problem, according to the report published by the Spanish newspaper 'Confidencial' by writer Ada Nuño.
1- Thyroid problems
2- Iron deficiency anemia
3- Dermatology
4- Lupus
5- Weight loss
6- Excessive care
7- Polycystic ovary syndrome
I know this but we are discussing male pattern baldness there.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Do you think that Nick Shell is going to fully bald? I don't think he will be. He is overdramatizing about his hair loss. I also think that he has OCD and BDD over his hairline. He is Norwood 2 and not Norwood 3 and has tons of hair. He had the same hairline as my dad. He has also decent facial structure. He has thick nose with huge nostrils so he's not a mouth breather, his cheekbones are a bit flat but not super flat and his jawline is not very dropped down and vertical. I think his facial structure isn't worse than the one of Dragomir Draganov or Kamen Vodenicharov.
He has very ridged galea and that's why he has receded hairline. But with a galea like this If he was destined to be fully bald he would be at least NW5 by now. From age 21 to now his hairline hasn't changed at all. I think he will stay like this for life and may get a bald spot at the crown but won't be bald.

Last edited:

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie Do you think that Nick Shell is going to fully bald? I don't think he will be. He is overdramatizing about his hair loss. I also think that he has OCD and BDD over his hairline. He is Norwood 2 and not Norwood 3 and has tons of hair. He had the same hairline as my dad. He has also decent facial structure. He has thick nose with huge nostrils so he's not a mouth breather, his cheekbones are a bit flat but not super flat and his jawline is not very dropped down and vertical. I think his facial structure isn't worse than the one of Dragomir Draganov or Kamen Vodenicharov.
He has very ridged galea and that's why he has receded hairline. But with a galea like this If he was destined to be fully bald he would be at least NW5 by now. From age 21 to now his hairline hasn't changed at all. I think he will stay like this for life and may get a bald spot at the crown but won't be bald.

I think he will continue to diffuse thin but very slowly, I don't think he will be slick bald though.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think he's gonna be bald, his dad went basically bald in his 50s, and his hair looked pretty similar to Nick's at their same age. His dad also said that his hair loss progressed noticably more at 45 so we'll see in a few years I guess.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checked Nick Shell's channel, the man seems to have transitioned away from bizarrely overanalyzing mildly receded hairlines to being an Enneagram Coach. Sic transit gloria mundi.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checked Nick Shell's channel, the man seems to have transitioned away from bizarrely overanalyzing mildly receded hairlines to being an Enneagram Coach. Sic transit gloria mundi.
A new arc in the Nick Shell lore

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's next? Kevin Mann stops talking about hair loss and dedicates his channel to vegan advocacy? This is not right. It's not the proper order of things.
The arcs must go on

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie It's not a coincidence that balding men have ridges on the galea.

photo-1579983926774-399a9cb765c3?ixlib=rb-1.2.jpg

If they have ridges on the front that means that the metopic suture hasn't fused properly and fused too early.

If they have ridges at the center, then the coronal suture hasn't fused correctly.

copilot-entertainment-celebrities-201307-08.jpg

when-do-sutures-img.jpg

I checked saw images of babies with craniosynostosis and I saw how their headhapes are similar to the ones of balding men.

sagittal-synostosis-image1.jpg

unicoronal-synostosis-780x289.jpg

bicoronal-synostosis-image1.jpg

metopic-synostosis-780x.jpg

Notice the Norwood 7 horseshoe pattern some of them display. I doubt that this is a coincidence.

In the articles about craniosynostosis it's mentioned that this condition leads to cranial pressure because the scull can't provide enough space for the expanding brain. I think that this cranial pressure is what triggers overdevelopment and hypertrophy of the scalp muscles mentioned in this study.
It's still unclear to me why men who have their metopic suture fused prematurely lose more hair at the crown while men who have their coronal or sagittal suture have predominantly frontal hair loss.
c7841d0bf89d061edbab74f10be9a620.jpg

ILE-Zinedine-Zidane-Steps-Down-as-Real-Madrid-Boss.jpg

Notice Zinedine Zidane's head shape and ridges and his hair loss pattern.
trait-of-young-bald-man-on-white-background-TW1D9N.jpg

Then look at this guy's head shape.

And when a balding man shaves his head it clearly doesn't look the same as when a non balding man does.

53d2a2dfe07bc_-_or_277f84d012054109877352.jpg

bald-man.jpg

Non balding men can't have galeas like these.

Attachments

• 20220422_155745.jpg
    20220422_155745.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 118
  • bald-50-something-year-old-with-blue-eyes.jpg
    bald-50-something-year-old-with-blue-eyes.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 116

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ritchie It's not a coincidence that balding men have ridges on the galea.

View attachment 179140

If they have ridges on the front that means that the metopic suture hasn't fused properly and fused too early.

If they have ridges at the center, then the coronal suture hasn't fused correctly.

View attachment 179141

when-do-sutures-img.jpg

I checked saw images of babies with craniosynostosis and I saw how their headhapes are similar to the ones of balding men.

View attachment 179142

View attachment 179143

View attachment 179144

View attachment 179145

Notice the Norwood 7 horseshoe pattern some of them display. I doubt that this is a coincidence.

In the articles about craniosynostosis it's mentioned that this condition leads to cranial pressure because the scull can't provide enough space for the expanding brain. I think that this cranial pressure is what triggers overdevelopment and hypertrophy of the scalp muscles mentioned in this study.
It's still unclear to me why men who have their metopic suture fused prematurely lose more hair at the crown while men who have their coronal or sagittal suture have predominantly frontal hair loss.
View attachment 179146
View attachment 179147
Notice Zinedine Zidane's head shape and ridges and his hair loss pattern.
View attachment 179148

Then look at this guy's head shape.

And when a balding man shaves his head it clearly doesn't look the same as when a non balding man does.

View attachment 179149
View attachment 179150

Non balding men can't have galeas like these.
As you have shown Colin Farrell's galea/skull is huge especially towards the rear, he has no hairloss? If Brad Pitt shaved to the bone his head/galea would be massive just check when he has buzz cut he has no hairloss at all.

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Klingons have ridges on the forehead, and have thick frontal warrior skulls. They also tend to be Norwood 3A at the very least. How does that fit into your theory bro?

View attachment 179151
They are fictional characters and they aren't egible for comparison.
As you have shown Colin Farrell's galea/skull is huge especially towards the rear, he has no hairloss? If Brad Pitt shaved to the bone his head/galea would be massive just check when he has buzz cut he has no hairloss at all.
Collin Farrell has relatively small and smooth galea. There is nothing wrong with him.

Brad Pitt has great facial structure and very smooth galea. He can't be bald.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about Alain Delon @Ritchie?
I think that ge is a very beautiful and attractive man and has a horizontal facial structure and that's why he is already 86 and not balding.

B9pMw-QIYAAMBTv.jpg

440dfbcacef83a82b58768f36aeb704f.jpg

But I think that Tom Cruise is more attractive for some reason. He has very small temporal gap and probably no hair loss at all.

He also has a horizontal face and can't be bald.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn you again. It's been a while. I'm not active anymore since Finasteride has pretty much cured me from a NW3 and got me to a good NW2. But I checked my emails and saw this.

So what would you say where would I fit in based on your theory. Because I do think it would have gone downhill pretty quickly (NW4+) if I hadn't taken Finasteride years ago even tho I don't think my facial structure is THAT bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220423-175531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-175531_Gallery.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20220423-175535_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-175535_Gallery.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220423_175553.jpg
    20220423_175553.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20220423-180037_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-180037_Gallery.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20220423-180135_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-180135_Gallery.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20220423-181208_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-181208_Gallery.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 135

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are fictional characters and they aren't egible for comparison.

Collin Farrell has relatively small and smooth galea. There is nothing wrong with him.

Brad Pitt has great facial structure and very smooth galea. He can't be bald.
If your referring to the galea as in the top of the head/skull then how on Earth can you say Colin Farrell's is small! If he was shaved to the bone it would be much larger than most of the bald guys your posting pictures of!

Brad Pitt likewise, if he was shaved to the bone his skull would look huge and not smooth.

You can't compare smoothness of buzzed hair to slick bald.

Likewise if you put hair and a hairline onto the bald guys in your pictures their 'Galeas' would then look smooth. It's the baldness that reveals the uneven galea imo.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about Alain Delon @Ritchie?
I think that ge is a very beautiful and attractive man and has a horizontal facial structure and that's why he is already 86 and not balding.

View attachment 179178

View attachment 179177

But I think that Tom Cruise is more attractive for some reason. He has very small temporal gap and probably no hair loss at all.

He also has a horizontal face and can't be bald.
Tom Cruise has a better hairline and just has a super charismatic face compared to the other guy.