The Pathways to reduce and stop male pattern baldness

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
brah i'm on a low dose accutane since i'm 21 on and off ...... i litterally could go 1 year without washing my hair and they would still be clean and not even slightly oily so your theory is wrong i'm sry

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
brah i'm on a low dose accutane since i'm 21 on and off ...... i litterally could go 1 year without washing my hair and they would still be clean and not even slightly oily so your theory is wrong i'm sry
Isn’t Accutane bad for hair long term? It causes Telogen Effluvium and maybe persistent hair loss. It’s happened to me. I took Accutane two years ago and have diffuse thinning a few months after I finished the course. Persistent to this day

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t Accutane bad for hair long term? It causes Telogen Effluvium and maybe persistent hair loss. It’s happened to me. I took Accutane two years ago and have diffuse thinning a few months after I finished the course. Persistent to this day
it's defintely bad but the degree at which rate it will f*** up your hair is dose dependant. if i microdose 3 times per week my hiar are fine but if i do the daily average 0.5/1mg/kg dosage it will destroy my hair for life ( quality and diffuse thinning induced loss)

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's defintely bad but the degree at which rate it will f*** up your hair is dose dependant. if i microdose 3 times per week my hiar are fine but if i do the daily average 0.5/1mg/kg dosage it will destroy my hair for life ( quality and diffuse thinning induced loss)
I see. It sucks since I’m in that position right now. I wonder, do you have any insight to why long term diffuse thinning occurs and in what ways I can fight it/reverse it? Since you’ve been on Accutane I figured you might know a thing or two

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this because the T can't turn into 5AR1 so more 5AR2?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this because the T can't turn into 5AR1 so more 5AR2?
Never heard of that before. I know it actually suppresses dht but that’s an interesting point you bring up. Do you have any studies about that?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. It sucks since I’m in that position right now. I wonder, do you have any insight to why long term diffuse thinning occurs and in what ways I can fight it/reverse it? Since you’ve been on Accutane I figured you might know a thing or two
i read some old post saying its due to tgf b2/1 pathway + it supposed to increase ptgds ( so it's incredibly bad for hair) but tbh if you're using minoxidil you can counter the detrimntal effect of a low dose .

from my experience the loss is due to increase inflammation i can actually feel myscalp and hair burningif i go on a high dose

if you damage the ahir too much just stop for a while and restart that's what i do. but actually i'm planning on going on a nuclear dose and pray it won't f*** me up too bad

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
i read some old post saying its due to tgf b2/1 pathway + it supposed to increase ptgds ( so it's incredibly bad for hair) but tbh if you're using minoxidil you can counter the detrimntal effect of a low dose .

if you damage the ahir too much just stop for a while and restart that's what i do. but actually i'm planning on going on a nuclear dose and pray it won't f*** me up too bad
Interesting, I actually stopped using minoxidil a few weeks ago to give my hair a rest from the inflammation. Plus I’m not noticing too much of a difference on it (I was on for a year).

Do you think the damage induced by Accutane can eventually reverse on its own as the body rebalances? Or is it something that I’d have to continually treat? Kinda at the end of my rope here, and might even hop on finasteride to see if that does something

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, I actually stopped using minoxidil a few weeks ago to give my hair a rest from the inflammation. Plus I’m not noticing too much of a difference on it (I was on for a year).

Do you think the damage induced by Accutane can eventually reverse on its own as the body rebalances? Or is it something that I’d have to continually treat? Kinda at the end of my rope here, and might even hop on finasteride to see if that does something
the damage it does to me at least is that it makes me loose in a diffuse pattern and it f*** my overall hair quality but it doesn't make me loose my hairline faster ( i'm not a diffuse thinner in the first place my Androgenetic Alopecia is a " receeder" type one)

i honestly used to shaved my hair if the damage was too much and applying various topical for a while ( ahk-cu / adenosine / minoxidil) and they grew back ok but i never did the nuclear dose so i don't know

i know a bunch of guys who did crazy dosage and the got perfect hair but they don't uffer rom Androgenetic Alopecia

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
the damage it does to me at least is that it makes me loose in a diffuse pattern and it f*** my overall hair quality but it doesn't make me loose my hairline faster ( i'm not a diffuse thinner in the first place my Androgenetic Alopecia is a " receeder" type one)

i honestly used to shaved my hair if the damage was too much and applying various topical for a while ( ahk-cu / adenosine / minoxidil) and they grew back ok but i never did the nuclear dose so i don't know

i know a bunch of guys who did crazy dosage and the got perfect hair but they don't uffer rom Androgenetic Alopecia

I might do oral minoxidil to regrow and then taper off. Maybe that’ll work. But thanks for clarifying your experience with Accutane

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might do oral minoxidil to regrow and then taper off. Maybe that’ll work. But thanks for clarifying your experience with Accutane
thats what i was thinking about tbh oral to undo the damage but i can't hadle the skin aging sides and i'm actually using accutane for his anti aging benefits

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking about tbh oral to undo the damage but i can't hadle the skin aging sides and i'm actually using accutane for his anti aging benefits
I figure using it for 6 months won’t give me skin sides. But if it does I can always quit earlier