The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Do I need to wash my hair before applying this? And when should it be applied? .@doctorhouse
You apply it at night only. I don't wash my hair at night.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for flagging. Unfortunately the vehicle for this is terrible. Its one of the greasiest things I have put on my head. I’ll try it for 6 months but it will be really hard to keep this up long term.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 days in , hair does feel denser, wonder if it is cosmetic

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
3 days in , hair does feel denser, wonder if it is cosmetic
I doubt it works that fast but if your scalp is conditioned it might feel cosmetically thicker. The person who cuts my hair says he sees baby hairs coming in my hairline and I never mentioned I was using anything different. He kind of said it out of the blue. Ever since I have been using it, I never get any scalp itch anymore.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it works that fast but if your scalp is conditioned it might feel cosmetically thicker. The person who cuts my hair says he sees baby hairs coming in my hairline and I never mentioned I was using anything different. He kind of said it out of the blue. Ever since I have been using it, I never get any scalp itch anymore.

What are peptide complexes and how do they work?

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a fan of The Ordinary. I got lucky and was able to buy two bottles last year when they were 50% off. I used it on my most of my scalp, twice a day (morning and evening). I ended up using both bottles in less than 2 months. I can't say that I regrew hair using it but it felt good messaging it into my scalp. Realistically, I didn't expect anything noticeable to happen in only two months and the only reason I didn't reorder was because of the cost. My brother has been using it for a few weeks now and since he has a buzz cut it would be easier for us to see how well he responds to it.

@DoctorHouse: I know for at least one of the peptides in this serum it is recommend using it twice per day but for the sake of stretching it out, do you think it would still be beneficial using it once per day?

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a fan of The Ordinary. I got lucky and was able to buy two bottles last year when they were 50% off. I used it on my most of my scalp, twice a day (morning and evening). I ended up using both bottles in less than 2 months. I can't say that I regrew hair using it but it felt good messaging it into my scalp. Realistically, I didn't expect anything noticeable to happen in only two months and the only reason I didn't reorder was because of the cost. My brother has been using it for a few weeks now and since he has a buzz cut it would be easier for us to see how well he responds to it.

@DoctorHouse: I know for at least one of the peptides in this serum it is recommend using it twice per day but for the sake of stretching it out, do you think it would still be beneficial using it once per day?
I would imagine two months is too soon, but some people certainly are better responders

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I think twice per day is always better but with the other peptides, once per day should be fine.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What are peptide complexes and how do they work?
Basically the building blocks for protein to support keratin/collagen production. Peptides are all the rage in skin care for anti aging. Think of it as an anti aging serum for the scalp just like you would use on your face.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought this the other day and have been using on whole scalp, brows and lashes.
I guess I’ll see how it goes over the next few months.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I finally retired from posting from this place, I wanted to share something I found that is actually worth trying. Not only that but it's very inexpensive for how much product you get. It sells for $17.90 for 60ml supply. I use about almost close to 1ml all over each night. My scalp looks and feels healthy and no itchy scalp. And my hair density is actually improving. Been using it for about 1 month. If you look at the ingredients you can see it has peptide complexes that were created by some other 3rd parties in the past.

Here is some info about it.

This concentrated formula is designed to support hair health so that it looks thicker, denser, fuller and healthier. The technologies present in this formula include REDENSYL™ complex (with Larix Europaea Wood Extract and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Procapil™ peptide complex (with Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1), CAPIXYL™ peptide complex (with Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract), BAICAPIL™ complex (with Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract and Glycine Soja Germ Extract), AnaGain™ (Pisum Sativum Extract) and High-Solubility Caffeine (1% net Caffeine by weight), in an ultra-lightweight, emollient base for efficient penetration. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 21.15%.

Ingredients:Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caffeine, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Pisum Sativum Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, Glycine Soja Germ Extract, Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Arginine, Glycine, Calcium Gluconate, Zinc Chloride, Lactic Acid, Gluconolactone, Dextran, Maltodextrin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I would definitely not use this in place of minoxidil or finasteride but as additional treatment to fight hair loss at another angle. For those who suffer from Hashimoto's thyroiditis or age related hair loss, this would definitely be beneficial.

Gonna test this out. Thank you.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using for a few weeks. Hair started to feel a bit more dense after a few days.

Traveling this week and unfortunately forgot the bottle, after about 3 days the hair feels a bit worse. Possible correlation as all other factors are the same.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely does have a thickening effect. That’s kinda cool. It isn’t helping my shedding but I’ve only been using it for like 4 days. I like that it doesn’t leave hair dry or oily. I mean, for a cheap product it seems pretty good I guess.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just freaked out an canceled a trip to Greco for PRP after reading about shock loss and more shedding. I can’t endure another shed like Minoxidil. @Georgie did you try PRP? I just feel like it’s a money grab.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just freaked out an canceled a trip to Greco for PRP after reading about shock loss and more shedding. I can’t endure another shed like Minoxidil. @Georgie did you try PRP? I just feel like it’s a money grab.
I had 5 sessions and it did nothing for me. Everyone is different though. It might be worth trying wounding and tretinoin with your minoxidil to enhance results.