The one thing I've noticed about this board...

paranoia

Reaction score
Some of you guys are letting your hair (or lack thereof) OWN you.

I joined this site after noticing my hairline creeping back pretty hard, and I gained some valuable information. However, I realized my situation could be a lot worse than it is, and that I probably won't ever go as far and taking hormone altering drugs in order to keep my hair. Balding is a natural thing, for some of us it is our DESTINY to go bald, and from what I've read there are some of you going crazy over it.

It sucks, I know, but the obsession and depressing things said by some members made me change my attitude. Some say that they'll never get a girl yet forget to realize the fact that since the trait of balding is in their genes; someone in their genepool carrying that dominant trait reproduced creating generation after generation of men with male pattern baldness. The very fact of their existence proves that an inability to obtain a partner is due more to personality issues than physical appearance. Besides, who wants a shallow partner who only likes them for their looks?

There's more to life than looks too. Instead of obsessing why not pick up an extra hobby? Exercise, make music, etc. If someone is truly that crushed over their hair, then their life is probably about as full as their scalp is ;). Think of all the people with cancer, missing limbs, starving, handicapped, living in war torn countries. Now be glad you have the luxury of spending your free time dragging each other down in a massive online pity party. (If you are one of the previously mentioned, I DO feel really bad for you, you have a right to feel this depressed.)

So my suggestion for those who can't get over it, shave it off, keep the treatments going, if it comes back it comes back and if not then you're already used to it. If you're really that sad try seeing a therapist, they WILL help you.

I expect to be bogged pretty hard for this, but whatever, go nuts, just put a damn smile on already.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
i agree with everything except the destiny part

destiny is bull**** lol

we have control over most of the things that happen in our lives

there isn't some extradimensional "script" of our lives that our lives will inevitably follow . . . . . .

slipy

Reaction score
If you're really that sad try seeing a therapist, they WILL help you.

been there, done that, as have many of people round here. those therapists won't tell you anything your own mother couldn't. if anything wisiting them could potentially make a person more depressed due to them downplaying one's issues. it's the same as talking to a brick, except the latter could offer you a more constructive assistance.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
You are correct. As a matter of fact since saturday I've changed my attitude. I was never depressed that much because of hair, but generally about my life. I believe in the future my life will be fuller, but it is still decent.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Baldness is caused by unbalanced hormones to begin with, so I don't see how taking hormon releted drugs in order to prevent it is bad, if I can go bald 10 years older then why not? I just started my 20, I want to enjoy life as much as possible, so why go bald? Cuz "it's my destiny" (wtf is a destiny? God don't exist and male pattern baldness is a dissase)

- - - Updated - - -

been there, done that, as have many of people round here. those therapists won't tell you anything your own mother couldn't. if anything wisiting them could potentially make a person more depressed due to them downplaying one's issues. it's the same as talking to a brick, except the latter could offer you a more constructive assistance.
+ psychiatrists are just scams who wants your money and nothing more

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness is caused by unbalanced hormones to begin with, so I don't see how taking hormon releted drugs in order to prevent it is bad, if I can go bald 10 years older then why not? I just started my 20, I want to enjoy life as much as possible, so why go bald? Cuz "it's my destiny" (wtf is a destiny? God don't exist and male pattern baldness is a dissase)

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not. Balding men just have more androgen receptors and/or more alfareductase enzymes at the scalp. Blocking DHT generally is an entirely wrong approach.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it is not. Balding men just have more androgen receptors and/or more alfareductase enzymes at the scalp. Blocking DHT generally is an entirely wrong approach.

According to multiple doctors, studies and scientists, you're wrong. Can't remember when my hair looked this good thanks to Finasteride and Nizoral.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Baldness is NOT caused by unbalanced hormones. male pattern baldness is caused by a person's hair follicules being genetically disposed to being destroyed by DHT. This has nothing to do with an unbalance of hormones, including DHT. There are men with full heads of hair but with as high or higher levels of DHT than balding men; their genetics mean that their hair follicules are resistant to DHT and testosterone. MBP is genetic. If you want to take finasteride to significantly lower DHT levels in your body, fine. But don't make up a false argument to justify you or others deliberately unbalancing your homones.

paranoia

Reaction score
K yeah destiny was a stupid word, what I meant by that is that for some people all the drugs and treatments out there don't do jack **** and their getting a chrome dome either way.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
As level headed as your post is, loosing your hair in your early twenties (not just recession, but going full bald) is a trauma you may not be familiar with.... it changes you, it changes your perception.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

K yeah destiny was a stupid word, what I meant by that is that for some people all the drugs and treatments out there don't do jack **** and their getting a chrome dome either way.
And that's another lie from you, studies shows that people who started propecia early maintained thier hair, there's a study of two twins two of them have the same male pattern baldness started at the same time, one of them started taking dutstride As soon has he notice loss of hair, the other dident,five years later the one who was on dutasteride kept all his hair, perfect nw1, the one who dident is nw5, write twinshairloss.com

paranoia

Reaction score
A lie eh? So what was true for one case must be true for all others. Yes indeedy. Please notice how I said "some", also look up the fallacy of composition.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

A lie eh? So what was true for one case must be true for all others. Yes indeedy. Please notice how I said "some", also look up the fallacy of composition.
Those who went bald before treatment maybe doomed, but who started early 90% (by study) that they will maintained thier hair

paranoia

Reaction score
Those who went bald before treatment maybe doomed, but who started early 90% (by study) that they will maintained thier hair

Even though this is completely irrelevant to the topic of over obsession I originally intended to bring up, I will state again that I said some, ​implying not all, since 90% =/= 100% then that statement still stands true. Why are you arguing this?

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Even though this is completely irrelevant to the topic of over obsession I originally intended to bring up, I will state again that I said some, ​implying not all, since 90% =/= 100% then that statement still stands true. Why are you arguing this?
dude plz Stfu, you trying to bash every treatment with lies, most of us still have hair and we want to maintain it, stop bringing your bull**** up here 90% are not some,

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Chill the **** out you dumbass. Paranoia is being perfectly reasonable and diplomatic and you are totally overreacting. Propecia/Nizoral is not the cure all you make it out to be and yes there are documented cases of those who have received sides, some permanent. If it works for you then great you ****ing caveman but don't bash on others who don't share your opinion.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
As level headed as your post is, loosing your hair in your early twenties (not just recession, but going full bald) is a trauma you may not be familiar with.... it changes you, it changes your perception.

Agreed, I am 19 and soon to go to University for 4 years. I'm pretty shy as it is if my hair loss becomes any more noticeable then i'd get the piss taken out of me and just ugh, it would be horrible.

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
Being bald sucks *** and everyone knows it. You can "buck up" and be happy all you want but nobody gives a damn. Nobody cares about your hobbies or your smile if you're bald. Nobody thinks you're cool. Nobody would ever want to trade places with a bald man, not for a million dollars. It's all in vain. Humans are social creatures and nobody wants to socialize with us.

It makes perfect sense for us to be depressed. If anything, depression is what makes me normal.

slipy

Reaction score
^ one of the truest things i've read here in a while. should be a sticky or something.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Being bald sucks *** and everyone knows it. You can "buck up" and be happy all you want but nobody gives a damn. Nobody cares about your hobbies or your smile if you're bald. Nobody thinks you're cool. Nobody would ever want to trade places with a bald man, not for a million dollars. It's all in vain. Humans are social creatures and nobody wants to socialize with us.

It makes perfect sense for us to be depressed. If anything, depression is what makes me normal.
If your tall and look decent then the pain reduced a little as you get older and starting your 30' , in your 20' it's a misery, I'm 1.70,i still got enough hair to look normal, and I want to keep it