The One Thing I Hate About Loniten.. .

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far i am 2 and a half months into treatment, and i am experiencing early regrowth on previously bald areas which is obviously fantastic.. however despite the potential negative side effects associated with loniten the one bit which has stood out to me is the increased hair growth EVERYWHERE.. I dont mind some extra hairs on traditional places where males find hair like my arms, legs, chest, ect.. what does bother me is the hairs inside my nose have thickened and darkened to the point where i can slightly pinch my nose hairs from the tip of my nostril.. TMI?
Ive never had nose hair and i feel like my grandfather ( who has bristle like hairs in his nose ) at 85. At least for me the positive benefits are heavily outweighing the negatives such as my nose hair. I am greatful to respond to minoxidil when finasteride failed so im not seriously complaining. Infact i encourage anyone who did not find success to try out Loniten.. obviously some will get sides, but for those who have not ( like myself ) the results so far can be a game changer! I never thought i could cut my hair short again before starting loniten as my hair was just so thin and receded.. now, i actually think my hair looks better than it has done in years! I owe my sanity to these forums, because without them i would be in a very bad place, mentally and physically.. thanks for reading guys.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been trimming my nose hairs for the last decade, long before starting minoxidil. I have to trim those b****s every few days
Thanks for the reply, i know some people experience this naturally like yourself but it took me by surprise. Im certainly not a quitter and to me that nose hair is a small price to pay, its just the most noticeable negative side ive had so far!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahaha f*****g andy.

I was trimming my nose hairs last night (been doing it the past few years) and i was thinking "Jesus what the f*** is going on? Sounds like the machine is struggling..."

Never connected the two. Yup. I guess so.

You don't get puffy eyes in the morning?
Too much hair is growing but i cant get enough! Sometimes ill get puffy, dark eyes when i wake up but im not entirely sure if thats the minoxidil.. it goes away by mid day and right now i dont have any :) Besides the shed i had when i started ive only experienced positive effects, which for me is significant considering the bad sh*t that happened treating my hair loss during the first year :rolleyes:

@Rudiger i already have, and will probably give them another go soon.. the potential is remarkable. I think you should give it a go too, dont forget to upload them pics bro

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to invest in a body hair trimmer glad you found sucess with loniten.
What are the sides honestly? I’m afraid this can’t be taken for too long.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am contemplating taking oral minoxidil at low dose , because with topical minoxidil i am getting all the sides ( hypertrichosis on whole body, hand ,ears, cheek!) and no fking result on my hair .
dat feel when you have ear hair at 24 !

whatintheworld

Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy , from what I saw from your pictures, are you sure you even have hairloss? Your hairline may not just be naturally straight, I didn't see any thinning or diffusing in your pictures.

In my opinion, no need to take any risks with drugs in your position, but I wish you the best nevertheless.

shookwun

Reaction score
loniten is not necessary.

the application of minioxidil does all the same effects through a different vehicle. only difference is the inconvenience of topically applying.

taking blood pressure medication long term wise doesnt seem like a good choice.,

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy , from what I saw from your pictures, are you sure you even have hairloss? Your hairline may not just be naturally straight, I didn't see any thinning or diffusing in your pictures.

In my opinion, no need to take any risks with drugs in your position, but I wish you the best nevertheless.
Thanks man, the pictures are not so great so you cant see the full extent. My loss is easily concealed so i hsve the illusion of full hair. Im definitely receding though, just not that advanced yet.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tackling hair loss early is the sensible thing to do, after a certain point it becomes a losing battle and hair transplants are merely an ersatz for an earlier treatment.
But oral minoxidil might be too radical. Starting with finasteride alone at the first sign of hair loss is the best plan IMO.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you get a shed with loniten
It seems that unlike topical minoxidil you can stop loniten without having a huge shed

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rudiger i already have, and will probably give them another go soon.. the potential is remarkable. I think you should give it a go too, dont forget to upload them pics bro

What's with this weird cockiness guys like you seem to have? It's a common trait with those who persist on dangerous methods to regain hair, acting completely oblivious to the danger of it. It's very strange.

And where's your pics?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's with this weird cockiness guys like you seem to have? It's a common trait with those who persist on dangerous methods to regain hair, acting completely oblivious to the danger of it. It's very strange.

And where's your pics?
Its not cockiness, it's a bit more depressing than that. It is complete desperation. Im not stupid, i have extensively researched the drugs ive used and i am well aware of the potential side effects. Thankfully ive not experienced any significant negatives ones, only positive ones. Ive uploaded pics of my current results so far already, i put them on my progress thread. But just for you i will upload them here to save you the hassle.
There is nothing strange about wanting to keep my hair when conventional treatments have failed me. Im only 20 and a NW2.5, judging by your attitude you were not as unfortunate as I was. I'll guess you are in your 30s with NW2 maintaining with the FDA approved treatments, and i am happy for you. Also jealous. If finasteride had worked for me i wouldnt be trying all these crazy drugs, but its only a dream now. Its hard for me to accept im in the 13% of non responders and teenage balders but im fighting it as best i can.

Attachments

• received_1518941854839301.jpeg
    received_1518941854839301.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 797
  • received_1518942674839219.jpeg
    received_1518942674839219.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 641

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not cockiness, it's a bit more depressing than that. It is complete desperation. Im not stupid, i have extensively researched the drugs ive used and i am well aware of the potential side effects. Thankfully ive not experienced any significant negatives ones, only positive ones. Ive uploaded pics of my current results so far already, i put them on my progress thread. But just for you i will upload them here to save you the hassle.
There is nothing strange about wanting to keep my hair when conventional treatments have failed me. Im only 20 and a NW2.5, judging by your attitude you were not as unfortunate as I was. I'll guess you are in your 30s with NW2 maintaining with the FDA approved treatments, and i am happy for you. Also jealous. If finasteride had worked for me i wouldnt be trying all these crazy drugs, but its only a dream now. Its hard for me to accept im in the 13% of non responders and teenage balders but im fighting it as best i can.

You're a good man Andy and I am glad you're getting results, glad you're here. Don't worry bud, in the next ten years there will be a cure for this, our children won't even have to worry about it.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a good man Andy and I am glad you're getting results, glad you're here. Don't worry bud, in the next ten years there will be a cure for this, our children won't even have to worry about it.
Thanks Julian that means alot :) It will be a long road to recovery but im sure i will be okay in the end. Hopefully Tsuji, breezula and the other treatments in the pipeline are huge successes when they eventually come out. I do hope my future children do not have to deal with this mentally exhausting condition, and i think you're right. The cure or extremely effective treatments will be available then, i can sleep a little easier at night with that in mind.
Also, have you started finasteride orally yet?