The Most Ridiculous Looking Hairpiece, I Think That Looks A Lot Worse Trying To Hide It.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was watching a program earlier about couples dating etc and this bloke on it had the worst looking piece I’ve ever seen.. I’d def prefer the bald, beard look over that absolute horrific looking roadkill.

Oh and to make matters worse, the girl he was with/loved dumped him after she kissed someone else.

Attachments

• 65A2A812-7099-48FD-A7B7-74CECDBF9F62.jpeg
    65A2A812-7099-48FD-A7B7-74CECDBF9F62.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 659
  • 7F8CAC78-B37B-4E9F-BCA4-1B17ECE78053.jpeg
    7F8CAC78-B37B-4E9F-BCA4-1B17ECE78053.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 00C4C175-3604-487A-864B-C4A63BB9F668.jpeg
    00C4C175-3604-487A-864B-C4A63BB9F668.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 601
  • 73003B6E-39A7-442A-BEFA-D18AA1ABF07F.jpeg
    73003B6E-39A7-442A-BEFA-D18AA1ABF07F.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 9D98382B-BEF5-42B7-BA1F-315C5B34A596.jpeg
    9D98382B-BEF5-42B7-BA1F-315C5B34A596.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 641

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t work when you have far back receded sides like that. For a hairline that thick you need good sides

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noah
@BaldBearded

If you guys don’t mind adding your opinions. I’m just curious to hear what you guys think this guy (George Birdd) could have done differently with the piece to make it more of a success instead of a failure?

Noah

Reaction score
Primarily the problem is that his side hair is very thin and his temple points are gone - his side hairline is vertical, or even slightly backward-sloping. With that combination, any hair system has to be low density. The piece he is wearing is just too dense to look realistic. Not much attempt has been made to blend it into his real hair either. That combination of thin receded sidehair and thick tophair doesn't occur in nature, and your brain unconsciously registers that and thinks: fake.

The photos are not very clear, but it also looks like the hairline is not great either - maybe a detectable hairline that he has tried to conceal with a rather odd combover arrangement? I'm not sure.

Even with such thin sides, he could have obtained a good-looking result from a hair replacement if it had been more conservatively designed and blended by someone with better aesthetic judgement. Alternatively, for a more extreme look he could have cropped his sides short and had the hairpiece cut in a disconnected undercut style, which would probably also have looked fine.

I'm sorry to see the guy publicly embarrassed as a result of a poorly designed product. Did they refer to his hair system on the TV programme?

Noah

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side hair should be little longer to cover that missing hair around the ears. I agree, the hair on top is way too much. He should thin that out, comb it forward, and make it messy. Alternatively, maybe a curtains style would help the synthetic hair feed into the sides more. The hairline would have camouflage along with his temples. Would temple flaps be useful or just complicate things?

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_9945.jpg
Looks like he has taken it off now. Perhaps it was just for "reality" TV.

Baldorc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he looks fine but maybe im not in norwood 7 yet to see it clearly. So this is a hairpiece, is this what most of the men with thick beards use on their head? Ive seen similar hairstyles alot.

Maybe im looking too much into this or have the wrong thinking, but in my world, a good part of males, especially those of the "caucasian race" (by no means racist, i am just using the word "race" for the men of the affected countries) cant sport a good beard while having thick perfect hair i used to have when i was 10. I guess it is a hairpiece most of these men i see who is tattooed and Instagramaddicted use on their head.. And by no mean am i against this, being bald, using a hairpiece or ANYTHING to me is TOTALLY fine. Be who you are and love yourself. Id use a hairpiece if i could but right now im dermarolling my scalp and is using minoxidil and dont want any hair or fibre to mess it up. :D

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this just demonstrates how important temple points are.

Out of curiosity how do system wearers get past this?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks ten times better shaved. Those poor temple points/side hair was ravaged by DHT.

He could undergo a small transplant for the temples but Id imagine that would be so disheartening.

Judging by his shaved photo he might as well go the full whack and get a full transplant.

Noah

Reaction score
I think this just demonstrates how important temple points are.

Out of curiosity how do system wearers get past this?

Well of course some system wearers don't lose their temple points. Even if you have lost them, you can still design a system which looks realistic and good - it just needs to be less dense and have a more receded hairline contour. It's all a matter of balance and good judgement about what looks authentic.

If the loss of sidehair is very severe, sometimes it is possible to supplement it by adding temple flaps onto the design of the system. But if it is really bad, then you would have to have a transplant or else wear a full or three-quarter wig.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without temple points it’s going to look horrendous every time. I had my temple points done. Not every surgeon is skilled enough or able to perform in that area.