The Most Probable Scenario 123 33 3

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we will all be bald in 10 years like the generation of posters before us (posting in 2005).

Yah I get your point but I think you're really doing the history of this condition a disservice.

Don't you mean,"We will all be bald just like over half of all human males who ever existed"

We can throw a few primate species in there too I think.

:p

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In any case, I'm not going to let that happen. I'll try every effective options we are currently have. Fortunately, the choices nowadays are not that limited as decades ago:

1) Maximum androgen blockade, estrogen replacement therapy, minoxidil + dermaroller, topical antiandrogens and estrogens, PGD2 inhibitors etc;
2) Hair transplants (including all body hair), permanent SMP, concealers;
3) Wigs, hair systems, hats lol.

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
In any case, I'm not going to let that happen. I'll try every effective options we are currently have. Fortunately, the choices nowadays are not that limited as decades ago:

1) Maximum androgen blockade, estrogen replacement therapy, minoxidil + dermaroller, topical antiandrogens and estrogens, PGD2 inhibitors etc;
2) Hair transplant (including all body hair), permanent SMP, concealers;
KEK

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2) Hair transplants (including all body hair), permanent SMP, concealers;
Well, option one is not really open to everyone unless he is try to be a transgender or completely disregard his health(which is not really up to himself, since for some the damage to general health really get so bad to the point you have to stop). That being said, I admire and appreciate those who take the transgender leap.

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. No one knows what's gonna happen. This whole 5 years bullshit is just piss in the wind because you know, we have to believe in something. I can't also understand all the pessimists: Yeah, rogaine and finasteride for the next 20 years... Because I know it! I believe they post these things so maybe someone out there can offer them a glimpse of hope.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing will come out and we will all be bald in 10 years like the generation of posters before us (posting in 2005).
Rogaine came out in 1988, propecia in 2003. Before that humans throughout history had f*** all to combat hair loss.

Yes it's utterly sh*t that we are in this situation, but there is research being put into this disease. Stay strong bro, both mentally and physically as we might need to go full Jason Statham. I think we won't see a full blown cure soon but we will likely see better treatments on the market.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd just kidnap my younger brother, sedate him, and then take out all of his Donor hair and transplant them into me. Could atleast a nw2.5 I'm pretty sure....

Follow this by those drugs for life that transplant patients take so that there immune system doesn't react negatively with transplanted organs.

Extreme but still applicable.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nothing will come out and we will all be bald in 10 years like the generation of posters before us (posting in 2005).

Imagine it is 2005, and you have a rare form of hair loss with no one studying it and not a snowball's chance for a legit treatment. Enter Angela Christiano and her discovery for Jakinibs growing hair in people with AA, AU and AT. That group of hair loss sufferers will probably have a topical treatment within a few years. Looking good for AA, AU and AT.

Fine, you say. So then you have to narrow your hopeless point of view to that of, Ok, in ten years, a legit treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia will prove elusive, and we are doomed to be topless. Then again you would have to discount all of the legitimate research and discoveries for hair growth made since the 1990s. Your critical analysis is somewhat lacking to say the least?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes I dream about hairloss. for example someone discover that a random harmless drug, already available on the market, gives full head of hair as a side effect...
gosh how invasive can hairloss be? I just wish I dream of naked girls

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yah I get your point but I think you're really doing the history of this condition a disservice.

Don't you mean,"We will all be bald just like over half of all human males who ever existed"

We can throw a few primate species in there too I think.

:p

d3nt3dsh0v3l is right, baldness didn't just sneak up on us. In the broader scheme of things, we were using stone tools at one time. 50,000 years later we landed on the moon, which is breakneck speed in evolutionary and technological terms. But we are still in the technological adolescence phase of human development. DNA wasn't discovered until the 1950s. Progress to date seems slow to us, but it's happening relatively quickly. Scientists in the 1950s and 60s were not very optimistic about our chances of surviving this adolescent tech phase in the next 50 to 100 years. We still might not survive with megalomaniacal psychopaths threatening nuclear war today. The good news is that we are still here.

If we do survive even the next few years, then tech advances will come. Things are happening in hair loss research from a number of different angles, from discoveries related to publicly funded basic research into cancer and skin diseases to public-private research driven by market demand for a legit hair loss treatment. Everyone knows there is unmet need for a legitimate hair loss treatment. And if there weren't breakthroughs happening in other areas of human need, like restoring hearing function in age related and sensorineural hearing loss, then claims of hair restoration might seem as far out as they were 20 years ago. Not anymore. The research is happening and it is credible and realistic according to a number of people interviewed by hellouser. Our hope for something better is validated with clinical trials happening in the here an now and more to come in the near to mid term.

Treatments are coming - George Cotsarelis

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
... And if there weren't breakthroughs happening in other areas of human need, like restoring hearing function in age related and sensorineural hearing loss...
Treatments are coming - George Cotsarelis

Oh, man! Did you have to bring that up too? Three biggest things affected by age: Hair, hearing, hard-on. Yep, it's fucked.