The Mental "hope For The Future Dance"

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been balding for 3 years. Went from a thick Norwood-2 good looking dude to an NW6 (possibly 7, idk...) in that time.
Finasteride has helped me keep a cobweb on top of my head... very very miniaturized hair.

So unless finasteride (which I've been on almost 2 years) reverses the miniaturization in the next year or so... which is hoping against hope, i know, I'm pretty much fucked.

I've spent these 3 years hoping for results from medication, and the last few weeks hoping that an hair transplant can help me in future. But it ain't happening.

Once you realize you're DOOMED, the feeling of numbing depression is overwhelming. I don't even know what I did all day. TBH, I think I've been staring at the walls... but I dont even remember at this point. It's the only day in the last few months when I've not wept... I just feel numb.

Before I sprial into another episode of depressive chaos, I want to ask you guys... what next? Where do I go and what do I do?
Please keep the jokes to yourself... and give me some answers, if there are any.
Future cures? Replicel, shesheido? Is that the bandwagon to jump on? I see Youtube videos saying it's non by 2020, but folks in the research section of this forum themselves say it'll take a decade at least.

I'm done with therapists...and there's no one I can talk to.

I really want to know.... what do I do now?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow you tried finasteride and it didn't work. I guess you're all out of options since that's the strongest and only treatment on the market. Too bad bro.

Dutasteride would be your obvious next choice and you should know that by now.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow you tried finasteride and it didn't work. I guess you're all out of options since that's the strongest and only treatment on the market. Too bad bro.

Dutasteride would be your obvious next choice and you should know that by now.

But what can that do at this stage?
I'll try it.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't expect anyone to have fun and make jokes about our condition. But could you please keep the jokes off this thread. I am honestly trying to find some help
The issue is that we already know from other threads that you don't want to consider the only options now available for a NW6:

- shave it completely;
- have a FUE transplant to slightly cover the top.

If finasteride has failed you (remind me to bookmark this thread for the next time someone says finasteride works for everyone), then you have no other option than the two possibilities above.

Ah, that, or you could wait for the cure, but we all know it could be a long long wait and you had better live your youth.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
The issue is that we already know from other threads that you don't want to consider the only options now available for a NW6:

- shave it completely;

If finasteride has failed you (remind me to bookmark this thread for the next time someone says finasteride works for everyone), then you have no other option than the two possibilities above.

Ah, that, or you could wait for the cure, but we all know it could be a long long wait and you had better live your youth.

That's not true. I do want to consider everything available. I already am shaving my head. My problem is that I have a spot of dark black in the middle of my forehead, and bare skin on the sides. I look ugly because of the forelock. I'm also close to having a horseshoe visible when I shave... Right now it is covered only by the fuzzy, miniaturized hair I have.

As for hair transplant, I also have retrograde... And all I can do is have some hair placed on my temples and look even worse, and become a laughing stock.

I want to live man.... I don't want to think of suicide all day.. I really want to know how it is possible for a man who went from decent looking to just plain ugly to carry on and live whatever life he has.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
from decent looking to just plain ugly

I think you need some mood boost because now everything looks dark to you.
This hair loss drama has made you very vulnerable to serotonin reuptake, how do you call it.
You need anti depressants IMO.
When your mood improves, you will see that your forelock is not so ridiculous and that you can still live a decent life even as a balding man.

PS: I was NW6 by 25, it's not that people don't get you. We are just not that depressed.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you need some mood boost because now everything looks dark to you.
This hair loss drama has made you very vulnerable to serotonin reuptake, how do you call it.
You need anti depressants IMO.
When your mood improves, you will see that your forelock is not so ridiculous and that you can still live a decent life even as a balding man.

PS: I was NW6 by 25, it's not that people don't get you. We are just not that depressed.
True. A am depressed. I'm also becoming apathetic and we'll, things are strange. I don't expect to be able to explain what's going on, but I think you are right, and I need medication at this point.

Btw, "was" NW6? Did you fix the problem or....

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

- shave it completely;

Roberto is correct.

Stop thinking about a magical 'cure' and look at one you can do now.

Shave it or a hair transplant is your only real options.

And if it makes you feel better finasteride doesn't work for me either.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you fix the problem or...

Fixed with a total of 4400 grafts in two sessions.
Of course the result is see-through but this is the hand we were dealt, let's play it.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fixed with a total of 4400 grafts in two sessions.
Of course the result is see-through but this is the hand we were dealt, let's play it.
If you've shared you hair transplant story here, could you share the link.
Yes, the last line makes sense even to my depressed as f*** mind. Gotta play the hand, one way or another.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
either try dutasteride or save money for a hair transplant. you still have some density left, try to get money before you're totally bald and too depressed to earn any money at all, like me :(

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
either try dutasteride or save money for a hair transplant. you still have some density left, try to get money before you're totally bald and too depressed to earn any money at all, like me :(

Do you really think Dutasteride can help me at this point??

Yes, I have density.... but only of vellus hair. Under ANY light, it looks weird. When I started finasteride, they were thick enough that I could step out the door and look like I wasn't balding... as long as I clipped it all to 0.5mm. I've been dying to get that look back.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, I have density.... but only of vellus hair. Under ANY light, it looks weird. When I started finasteride, they were thick enough that I could step out the door and look like I wasn't balding... as long as I clipped it all to 0.5mm. I've been dying to get that look back.
i honestly dont know enough about dutasteride to say one way or another. @Wolf Pack how do you think razz's chances of at least some regrowth on dutasteride are based on his hair? off hand it seems dutasteride is 50% to twice as strong as finasteride? would that be correct?

main thing is like other people have said is a hair transplant, which means a lot of money.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

When you wear your hair so short anyways..why not get a hair tattoo or whatever they call this

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it's much more likely to halt hair loss in those with an aggressive pattern, than finasteride. As for regrowth, dutasteride grew about 20% more than finasteride but most importantly it was able to thicken existing hairs better - that has a more profound effect on the cosmetic look.

Thanks wolf. How bad is the incidence of sides, and how bad are they?

You're not doomed.

I felt this way too, there's also a part of yourself that wants you to be doomed so you can let go of any responsibility.

Get a couple of FUE megasessions with a top surgeon and see how you feel.

And let go of this obsession with perfection, unless you're modelling for a living, all you need is decent coverage.

And if you're still not satisfied, temporary SMP (only with professionals trained by Milena Lardi!) is a great way to enhance a result, especially with your dark skin.

Then you could also extract grafts from your beard if you have one.

And once of you've done all that, it will be much easier to wait for those new treatments.

Like you, I was depressed, anxious, tormented, and only one thing truly made me feel better, much better: having a hair transplant.

So, pick up your phone and book a consultation with a top surgeon, that's the best you can do really.
Thanks Bear. I'm obviously worried that an hair transplant which obviously gives sub optimal results will make me look worse. A bad cover up can be worse than a bad crime... But yes, if I can do anything at all, I will do it. Will research the aspect of an hair transplant on NW6 with retrograde.
When you wear your hair so short anyways..why not get a hair tattoo or whatever they call this
Because it's a tattoo.
Honestly though, I am considering it, as embarrassing as it may be.
What do you guys think of this angle, @Wolf Pack , @WhitePolarBear, and everyone else

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it helped you out bro, but this is a tougher proposition than considering an hair transplant. It is, frankly speaking, going for a bad surgery, hoping that it will be better than nothing. I'm just not sure that math is in my favour at the moment.

Sure, I might have some hair at the front. But it will look very, very strange. It might even wind up being a bad idea.

I am comfortable shaving my head clean every two days. Hell, I would do it every day if I have to. But even then, I can't look decent. I have a strange looking line.... Black in the middle, bare on the sides.... It makes me look like I have a black thing in the middle of my bald, infinite forehead, and it makes me feel extremely ugly.
IMG_20171212_140127.jpg
IMG_20171212_140127.jpg
IMG_20171212_140109.jpg

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it helped you out bro, but this is a tougher proposition than considering an hair transplant. It is, frankly speaking, going for a bad surgery, hoping that it will be better than nothing. I'm just not sure that math is in my favour at the moment.

Sure, I might have some hair at the front. But it will look very, very strange. It might even wind up being a bad idea.

I am comfortable shaving my head clean every two days. Hell, I would do it every day if I have to. But even then, I can't look decent. I have a strange looking line.... Black in the middle, bare on the sides.... It makes me look like I have a black thing in the middle of my bald, infinite forehead, and it makes me feel extremely ugly.
View attachment 73005 View attachment 73005 View attachment 73006
1. Were you not Indian?
2. Does not look bad
3. You are crazy to despair