The Last 30 Years There Has Been No New Drug Known To Induce Hair Growth Better Than Big 3

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because things slow down until there is a breakthrough. A breakthrough can happen tomorrow or in 10 years. No one knows.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh dear, still the same idiot creating a lot of threads...

And in the last 30 years there have been many treatments to induce hair growth.

Have there been anything commercially released? no

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would a new one be found in the next 5 years ? and by then we will need another 10 years to get it to market
Jesus, dude. What exactly do you want? creating this none sense post , you are creating like 3 daily !!!!!!!
What you post it is useless and was already post many times.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why would a new one be found in the next 5 years ? and by then we will need another 10 years to get it to market

Drugs have saved millions of lives since penicillin was discovered. An estimated 75% of us wouldn't be alive without that drug alone. Cell based therapies are new, expensive and may even be developed into legit treatments for hairloss, but the cure, or most cost-effective treatment will eventually be a cheap and maybe even OTC drug. Already, Jak inhibitors are found to reverse alopecia areata with a high success rate. Alopecia Areata was once considered a vexingly difficult to solve hairloss disorder.

People are living organisms made up of molecules. It makes sense that small molecule drugs will be developed to treat all kinds of diseases.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no big 3, Ketoconazole doesn't do sh*t for male pattern baldness outside of PubMed (unless you consider frying your hair a positive effect). And minoxidil only works on 30% of people.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no big 3, Ketoconazole doesn't do sh*t for male pattern baldness outside of PubMed (unless you consider frying your hair a positive effect). And minoxidil only works on 30% of people.

Apparently applied biology is gonna release this as shampoo in 2020:

Ko5SVel.png

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral is trash. What imbecile came up with that as part of the big 3, I’ll never know.

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
The biotech boom hasn’t happened yet. It’s about 10 years overdue but there are definitely signs that we’re on the fringe. It will start in the east and the west will ramp up fast. Keep your eyes on the stock market and get in early. It will likely be bigger and more impactful than the digital age.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
The biotech boom hasn’t happened yet. It’s about 10 years overdue but there are definitely signs that we’re on the fringe. It will start in the east and the west will ramp up fast. Keep your eyes on the stock market and get in early. It will likely be bigger and more impactful than the digital age.
Coping it will happen in 30 years atleast in my opinion, next 10 years we will have only slightly bettter surgeries

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Because the largest number of hairloss sufferers(potential customers) are, by far, ordinary working class people earning modest incomes. That is why a least expensive drug treatment is sought after. Cell based therapies will probably happen and cost as much as a hair transplant does today, i.e. $5k to $10k, but effective drugs for hairloss will eventually make cell therapies for hairloss obsolete or too costly compared to good or even better results from a topical drug. The most elegant solution will be a drug and probably applied topically. Hair researcher Ralf Paus commented last September:

"I have long felt that the role of epithelial stem cells in re-transforming a vellus into a terminal HF in Androgenetic Alopecia tends to be overrated, and I doubt that injecting these stem cells will be a game changer in Androgenetic Alopecia management. Rather, we’d be well-advised to work harder on topically applicable agents that enhance the (reduced) capability of resident bulge stem cells to generate progeny in Androgenetic Alopecia-affected vellus and intermediate HFs, and, probably even more important, that attract the immigration of resident, inductive fibroblasts from the dermal sheath into the dermal papilla (whose size and inductive power (i.e. secretion of “papilla morphogens” determines hair follicle volume, type, anagen duration, and hair shaft diameter & length)".

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

For the last 5000 years man has never been able to fly. Why would the Wright Brothers achieve that in the next 5 years?
-Xander, on 29th November 1903

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible.
— Simon Newcomb, 1902

The same was said about trans-oceanic crossings by heavier than water vessels. A lead British royal astronomer said the whole idea was utter nonsense, and that we might as well try flying to the moon.

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
'Ich glaube an das Pferd, das Automobil ist eine vorrübergehende Erscheinung.'
"I believe in the horse. The automobile is a temporary appearance" - Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany, 1916
Another one of my favorites, albeit not exactly in the same vein.