The Impact Of Hair Loss And Bdd - Thoughts From A Low Norwood Sufferer

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
10 years go House was one of the most popular shows on TV and I was a fan.
Too bad that after two wonderful seasons it all went downhill :-(

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP you are not balding at all. You shouldn’t be in this forum because it only expands your problem. You should try to fix it by making everyday changes (close computer, find a gf, play a sport, find a part time job) that distract and tire you. Your only problem is that you have too much time in your hands and you can’t cope with it. Also your opinions for alopecia when you don’t have it can be confusing to members that do have it (for example you might take antiandrogens to thicken or lower a hairline that doesn’t suffer from those and then write “drug doesn’t work”).

I wish you good luck and I say I have no problem with you being in the forum but it’s better for you to not be.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Too bad that after two wonderful seasons it all went downhill :-(
Right now, two great doctor shows I like are The Resident and The Good Doctor.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP you are not balding at all. You shouldn’t be in this forum because it only expands your problem. You should try to fix it by making everyday changes (close computer, find a gf, play a sport, find a part time job) that distract and tire you. Your only problem is that you have too much time in your hands and you can’t cope with it. Also your opinions for alopecia when you don’t have it can be confusing to members that do have it (for example you might take antiandrogens to thicken or lower a hairline that doesn’t suffer from those and then write “drug doesn’t work”).

I wish you good luck and I say I have no problem with you being in the forum but it’s better for you to not be.

I'd hate to say most of what you've written is probably true to an extent. In any case, I've been making everyday changes for a while. The computer is my life, lol. Have no interest in a gf right now, I hate sports, and I'm not in a particularly good place or time to find a part-time job, lol. Yes, free time can be a real enemy sometimes.

Also, just out of curiosity, why would you consider my opinions on alopecia "confusing"? I'm not a "get on finasteride bro asap" type. I usually only recommend finasteride for those who are NW3+ and just suggest NW2s and below to monitor every few months. Even with those I suggest finasteride, I tell them to read up on it as much as possible and that should not just pop it like it was candy, as it is a very serious, though usually very effective, treatment. I tell true NW1s and NW0s to just get off the forum and come back in a year if they think they've worsened or are still worried then (I'm about a NW1.5; have been for at least a year, maybe longer). In terms of the internal thoughts I have that I wrote about, I think most of the forum members who are much higher Norwoods can confirm there is a good degree of truth in them.

I'm not a blue-piller who thinks "bro hair don't matter bald men are sexy you just a hater go rule the world with personality you can be ugly asf no one cares just personality matters." I much prefer the red-pill approach of "balding will make you quite a bit uglier forever (think a drop in about 2-3 points), but it won't destroy everything else in your life, and you're pathetic if you don't take action to reverse/slow it and let it end up destroying the rest of your life via a self-fulfilling prophecy." That's where the black-pillers are wrong; they acknowledge reality and wallow in it, rather than learning to live with it. Red-pilling strikes a nice balance between hard truths and purposeful action.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, I think any human being with a lot of time and few social connections will probably begin to engage in introspection, perhaps too much to the level of brooding and thus driving oneself crazy.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd hate to say most of what you've written is probably true to an extent. In any case, I've been making everyday changes for a while. The computer is my life, lol. Have no interest in a gf right now, I hate sports, and I'm not in a particularly good place or time to find a part-time job, lol. Yes, free time can be a real enemy sometimes.

Also, just out of curiosity, why would you consider my opinions on alopecia "confusing"? I'm not a "get on finasteride bro asap" type. I usually only recommend finasteride for those who are NW3+ and just suggest NW2s and below to monitor every few months. Even with those I suggest finasteride, I tell them to read up on it as much as possible and that should not just pop it like it was candy, as it is a very serious, though usually very effective, treatment. I tell true NW1s and NW0s to just get off the forum and come back in a year if they think they've worsened or are still worried then (I'm about a NW1.5; have been for at least a year, maybe longer). In terms of the internal thoughts I have that I wrote about, I think most of the forum members who are much higher Norwoods can confirm there is a good degree of truth in them.

I'm not a blue-piller who thinks "bro hair don't matter bald men are sexy you just a hater go rule the world with personality you can be ugly asf no one cares just personality matters." I much prefer the red-pill approach of "balding will make you quite a bit uglier forever (think a drop in about 2-3 points), but it won't destroy everything else in your life, and you're pathetic if you don't take action to reverse/slow it and let it end up destroying the rest of your life via a self-fulfilling prophecy." That's where the black-pillers are wrong; they acknowledge reality and wallow in it, rather than learning to live with it. Red-pilling strikes a nice balance.

Man you are sure very helpful within hairloss tho, in a weird way you're one of the people on this forum that I feel safe to get a judgement because of how well educated you are!

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you are sure very helpful within hairloss tho, in a weird way you're one of the people on this forum that I feel safe to get a judgement because of how well educated you are!

Thanks. You need a judgement now? I can give you one. Lol.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I think any human being with a lot of time and few social connections will probably begin to engage in introspection, perhaps too much to the level of brooding and thus driving oneself crazy.

You look fine. And you may have a good heart so you try to help but you have to realize this isn’t the field to do it. Being a forum bee especially in a forum you don’t relate to is an absolute waste of time. Whether you feel it now or ten years later, the realization alone will suck. It will suck a lot. So, invest your time and good looks outside, it’s obvious you have agoraphobia. Sometimes a psychologist will help, your case isn’t a serious one. You can make it out.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look fine. And you may have a good heart so you try to help but you have to realize this isn’t the field to do it. Being a forum bee especially in a forum you don’t relate to is an absolute waste of time. Whether you feel it now or ten years later, the realization alone will suck. It will suck a lot. So, invest your time and good looks outside, it’s obvious you have agoraphobia. Sometimes a psychologist will help, your case isn’t a serious one. You can make it out.

You have some fair points. Still, I think I end up spending time on here because frankly there really isn't anything I can do "outside" at this point in time and this is a place that gives me a purpose, at least for the time being while I'm on break. I don't have a full stable career lined up, and probably won't until at least another few years, and I'm in no position to engage in any political activity or causes without wrecking my future, considering my political opinions (which I won't disclose here) are "controversial" (they're not, really). Everything I currently have would be destroyed if I did because I have zero leverage and political power right now. I have to wait before I'm in a good position to do that.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have some fair points. Still, I think I end up spending time on here because frankly there really isn't anything I can do "outside" at this point in time and this is a place that gives me a purpose, at least for the time being while I'm on break. I don't have a full stable career lined up, and probably won't until at least another few years, and I'm in no position to engage in any political activity or causes without wrecking my future, considering my political opinions (which I won't disclose here) are "controversial" (they're not, really). Everything I currently have would be destroyed if I did because I have zero leverage and political power right now. I have to wait before I'm in a good position to do that.

What are you doing in education or was doing?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you doing in education or was doing?

Still in education. Currently in summer break. I'm a computer scientist with a specialization in math going into computation security, likely designing new security protocols based on some extremely complex math. Pretty exciting and complex sh*t that I find extremely enjoyable.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still in education. I'm a computer scientist with a specialization in math going into security.

Wow. My mind is frazzled, I'm not good with All thoes stuff, I hear the word science and I run im (hopefully) be doing ancient history, modern history and drama and theatre studies.
I presuming its quite a hard thing to do

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. My mind is frazzled, I'm not good with All thoes stuff, I hear the word science and I run im (hopefully) be doing ancient history, modern history and drama and theatre studies.
I presuming its quite a hard thing to do

It is, but it's extrememly fulfilling and rewarding to do. Here's just a diagram of a very basic RSA encryption protocol that underlies most modern security:
nh7vX.png

It's a fairly ingenious design when you truly understand it. I didn't make it, LMFAO. You can give that credit to Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir, and Leonard Adleman.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is, but it's extrememly fulfilling and rewarding to do. Here's just a diagram of a very basic RSA encryption protocol that underlies most modern security:
View attachment 95014

It's a fairly ingenious design when you truly understand it. I didn't make it, LMFAO. You can give that credit to Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir, and Leonard Adleman.

The complexity gives me anxiety :D
I'm not that in that way very inclined lol.
Suppose it's good. So is security the job you want or do you want to be a politician you mention you'd like too speak about politics or something.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The complexity gives me anxiety :D
I'm not that in that way very inclined lol.
Suppose it's good. So is security the job you want or do you want to be a politician you mention you'd like too speak about politics or something.

I have very strong political inclinations, but I would never want to be a politician, lol. Large difference between the two. No, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go into security. I'll probably donate a good chunk of my money to political causes though.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very strong political inclinations, but I would never want to be a politician, lol. Large difference between the two. No, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go into security. I'll probably donate a good chunk of my money to political causes though.

What type of security?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What type of security?

Computer security, lol. Not sure whether I'd go work for the gov or some large security firm (a firm that basically designs security systems for other companies to implement and use; an anti-virus company could be an example).

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is computer security like passwords.

Large variety in computer security. You could do white-hat hacking (you deliberately try to hack into your own system to look for specific holes and flaws), design new security engines to improve anti-virus algorithms and detection for consumers and businesses (think computer antiviruses), work for the government as a researcher into new tools and algorithsm to break into other countries' secrets, etc. There's a large amount of things you could do.

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Large variety in computer security. You could do white-hat hacking (you deliberately try to hack into your own system to look for specific holes and flaws), design new security engines to improve anti-virus algorithms and detection for consumers and businesses (think computer antiviruses), work for the government as a researcher into new tools and algorithsm to break into other countries' secrets, etc. There's a large amount of things you could do.
Man wow, what a career goal. Hope it goes well, it sounds quite risky aha.