The hair transplant Industry's Greatest Gift To Me...........thank You

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The greatest gift the hair transplant industry gave me at the young age of 23 was an awareness. It opened up my eyes to the difference between real information and marketing. The majority of the information out there is marketing. Finding the real information can be very difficult and it takes a very long time. As a result of my initial hair transplant experience I have stayed away from doctors for any type of health reasons for over 30 years. I also use zero medications over the counter or prescription. I do not use supplements because food is medicine once you start getting at the truth there’s just no money in it. When I compare my pictures from today at 54 to when I was 25 I just have to laugh that I too thought the information I was reading was real………………..it was marketing know the difference.

Deadlft_zps2qdi0pua.jpg

Ifx631476229247%202_zpsmvusgowj.jpg

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a definite moment when I really started to make progress and that was somewhere in my 30’s. After having been an avid reader of fitness magazines from the age of 12 I finally told myself no more. I will never buy another one of this marketing publications disguised as information ever again I then I proceeded to read more books.

What actually got me into trouble with this whole hair transplant thing were those fitness magazines. I didn’t understand just like many of the forums you see today it was not free information it was marketing and very often the information was based on the highest bidder. Yes I thought it was honest information and at a bargain price but it wasn’t I was just too young to understand it all. I was slowly being programmed the more I read it the more I believed. Even now when I listen to the radio and hear the ads I laugh. What a load of complete crap. I even heard a local DJ Mancow who some might know promoting a local hair transplant guy as if the guy was his very good friend………….lol…………..complete horsesh*t but of course I now know better. It’s all simply about making money so you need to get the name out there. If you looking for honest advice it’s usually better had by those that don’t have large platforms and anyone doing something really good eventually gets found out…………..it’s called word of mouth.

It's like Leonardo DaVinci you know the name because his works speaks for itself. With a guy like Bob the painter you need to pay the promoter to get the name out there. Yeah Bob the painter.................I heard about that guy..............he's all booked up until 2035............yeah right.

Sometimes they will even start threads...........DaVinci, Picasso, or Bob the Painter who's best at the church ceiling painting..............lol.................you do have to laugh at some point that is of course unless you are the victim of Bob the Painter.

Towards my late thirties I started to break some records in drug free powerlifting and who was I getting my nutritional advice from?..................small local farmers that were honest and doing the right thing. They will never be rich but that does not matter to them what matters to them is doing the right thing. The opposite of the majority of marketers..............marketers are simply about making money. Taking any idea and looking at it in the way of............how can I make money from this...............what can I say to make people believe.............

dl611.jpg

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I already have someone disliking my posts and I have only been here about a week……….amazing. This is what happens when you are too honest the marketers don’t like it. I have observed these guys for about 32 years now and I understand how they play the game along with several of their tactics. For example they like to attack posters in a way that tries to wear them down most especially the young guys that come back because they had a bad experience with the marketers doctor. Eventually it does work as they wear them down with several fake screen names attacking at once with the forums sometimes working in tandem. Of course there are dozens and dozens of other methods but you would need to spend the 18 years online like I have to know them all.

Many of these guys come off as the creepy old guy that is waving the young boy down into the basement because he wants to show him something. Completely weird in my opinion but some people will do whatever they have to in order to make a buck. The lesson is if you see someone attacking another poster in any way most especially if they work in the industry then you need to look closer at it. Who does he represent and should you be staying away?

I of course learned the hard way but I’m okay with it all because my 32 years of experience has value and the real value is in passing it on. Don’t end up like this understand the procedure and how the game many in the industry play works. You might find that your efforts would be better directed towards health and fitness. Hair is simply one indicator of health and fitness used by the opposite sex as an indicator for passing on genes and if you understand it all well enough you will know that it ranks low on the list. It just needs to be explained sometimes

stripscars_zps13eb0494.jpg

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLucBB I don't get why you would dislike all my postings. I am passing on my 32 years of actual experience which includes 18 years online. Approximately 15 procedures spanning 4 decades with a cost approaching 6 figures and no ties to the industry. I would think my experience would be of value at least to one person. Just my experience with health and fitness over the span of 5 decades alone has some value. If you have a logical explanation of why all opinions are not welcome then please feel free to explain.

I have no reason to lie or make up anything. Of course I do not like being attacked by the industry but I understand those that might be less then honest might feel it's a good approach. Guess what it's not the landscape has changed. Anyone that is still telling lies in this business will easily be found out and look foolish.

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of my training includes iron fist and iron shin training which is based on the Kung Fu methods of the Shaolin temple. I have been doing it for a little over 35 years now and the density of my bones has increased to the point where they are impervious to pain. This is also partly due to my specific diet which is based on food only and is nutrient dense which also was of benefit during my fue healing process.

This type of training is not everyone’s cup of tea which I understand completely. It does take an incredible amount of discipline and that is where the real value lies at least for me in the discipline. I will put together and iron fist video when I have time. I had some up on Youtube but there are so many douche bags in the hair transplant industry I took them down for the time being. They were basically practice for me making videos on the fly with no thought for content. The industry is notorious for attacking patients and points of view they do not agree with which is a red flag.

The kicking post is my own design and not very complicated to put together. I was a big fan of the show “Kung Fu” back in the 70’s

· "To suppress a truth is to give it force beyond endurance." — Master Kan

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do have a video from about 2 years ago which I blurred for now as I am working on another project which will all make sense eventually. This type of training as stated is not for everyone but it's more about developing discipline. I always like to compare it to those that were wielding the fue hand punch while others dismissed it. It must be extremely hard work so it takes perseverance and many simply lacked the discipline. This is the same concept and it takes years to strengthen the bones along with proper diet.

The thing with really intense training is that I don't think you can be on DHT blockers. You lose too much drive in my opinion because of the hormonal imbalance and that hormonal imbalance I believe strongly increases your risk for cancer long term. I know most don't like to talk about it but I believe it to be real. I also believe having a little less hair by avoiding these medications is the better option. But if someone chooses to use them that is a personal decision.

Okay so with a video like this what the marketers in the hair transplant industry will do is turn it around depending on what you have to say. If you are posting too much truth well then you are a bully see look at that crazy video are you going to listen to that guy. But on the other hand if you are saying something they like well then it would be look at the discipline this person has mastered. It all depends.

So if you are looking for more red flags watch for when they label these real young patients as having mental health issues after they have their procedure and now realize it's not what they thought. Or they will label some of the posters narcissists. It all depends on the situation and if they need to quiet a dissenting voice. As I have stated elsewhere there are dozens and dozens of red flags and this is why marketers themselves are usually a sign itself of being a red flag.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Topcat, I feel bad no one is posting in your thread. Some might be even be thinking "WTF". Luckily alot of the posters here have already been warned about the "dangers" in the hair transplant industry by previous victims. I guess the low traffic in HLH has forced you to find a new place to post your "gospel". Your crusade to save the "young ones" deserves a Marvel Comics Super Hero Badge but I don't know if people will understand your "cryptic" method of posting. Maybe you can explain what your crusade is all about in a simpler way. If I wasn't familiar with your past postings, I would be lost too. Just some friendly advice from someone who has been posting in this forum for a long time.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey DoctorHouse thanks for posting and I'm not really looking for responses so if someone replies great if not that's okay too. I do understand what you are saying about the difficulty reaching the young and it's why I have been working on a book for the last several years which is part of something larger.

I'm not anti hair transplant but watching the marketers work to sell a procedure in a dishonest way is troubling so by offering all the information it balances the playing field. Then anyone deciding will go in informed from an actual patient's prospective with no ties to the industry. It's interesting to watch the young guys that fall for the marketers ending up worse off then when they come back to try and understand it very often they are pushed away and labeled. I of course feel bad that they fell into the trap of believing a group of screen names working together but that is just the way it is sometimes not everyone can be helped.

I will definitely work on making my postings clearer thank you for offering your perspective.

Yes the traffic at HLH seems to be down at the moment. Not sure why maybe personal problems or something else. That's the way life is all of sudden something happens and hair takes on little to zero importance. For example a regular poster or marketer on hairloss forums could experience a fast moving cancer and one will ask what happened? Where did they go? Then again much of the traffic on forums can be generated by the forums themselves or simply those in the industry looking to create image. So traffic in itself is not necessarily a good indicator in fact that too can be a red flag. One must watch the flow close enough in order to make an intelligent evaluation about what they are seeing.

The iron fist/shin training represents what someone sees. Depending on politics it can be either good or bad. How is it explained by how many and how often it is repeated will determine the programming of the consumer. We can easily look at the recent presidential race who is good who is bad? All depends on who is explaining it and maybe in fact they are all bad. Takes a long time to figure it all out and this is why first and foremost I always tell guys just observe over time and chances are you might change you opinion over time.

Maybe I should post my "Follow My Major Repair" thread that appears on HLH here it could be helpful. Obviously not everyone in the hair transplant business is bad so maybe I need to balance it out a bit. I also just like writing my opinion on health and fitness the marketing is similar. I wasted about 20 years reading fitness magazines. It's only when I stopped that I finally found real information through books where no one was marketing anything because the truth is there is very little to buy when one is seeking optimal health.

As far as responses go I like to compare the hair transplant industry to the emperor in “The Emperor Has No Clothes” sometimes all you have to do is point it out which requires no response from the subjects (forum readers). The Emperor starts to feel uncomfortable so he puts on a pair of underpants then before you know it he is walking around in a suit like a man. Same concept……. we need to get some of these guys to put on some underpants.

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eventually over time the makiwari board did not offer enough resistance so I moved my hand training to a simple a 2 x 4. Most of my martial arts experience revolves around the striking arts although I have trained in Judo and Wrestling. A big regret for me is not being able to train Jujitsu properly. I had all the Gracie tapes back in the 80’s I just wasn’t able to roll with all this concealer in my hair so it did limit me as I was a slave to this hair transplant. I do wonder where I would be now if I didn’t have that huge hurdle. The lesson here for most young guys is that they should seriously consider martial arts first if they are not already involved as a way to balance the effects of hair loss or some type of fitness routine. Fitness trumps hair regardless of what marketing likes to portray. It’s based on evolutionary psychology so get into the gym first before you let someone cut open your scalp.

What’s interesting about the hand training is that the body adapts as long as one does not give up. When you hear these guys in the industry talking about fue hand punches and how the hand gets tired and it creates damage they are simply speaking about themselves. Take a very good look at some of these doctors do you honestly believe they have what it takes to pound out rep after rep with a hand punch. No they say screw this I’m going back to cutting open heads or using a drill. Very few have what it takes to master a hand punch and the rest are simply full of crap in my humble opinion. Those that are not doctors but also have similar opinions simply do not understand how the body can adapt because they simply never pushed their body.

Iron fist training is not for everyone but if you are involved in the striking arts you might want to consider it. I have seen plenty of hand injuries in the boxing gym and it’s simply due to poor bone density because the training and the diet was not the best it could be.

The key to succeeding regardless of the type of training you choose is to make it a habit. Don't bite off more then you can chew. Start out with something very simple even if it's only 15 minutes but stay consistent and develop habit then build from there. Keep it easy and build the habit first.

Doctor House this is mostly just light practice so responses don't matter much. The question is practice for what?

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The corner stone of any effective workout would be a whole body exercise. Yes doing movements like curls would easier but the effect on the body system as a whole is too small to make much of a difference. Deadlifts work or something similar like a squat. Use your time effectively and you will not have to waste hours and hours in the gym with nothing to show for it.

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
JeanLucBB I don't get why you would dislike all my postings. I am passing on my 32 years of actual experience which includes 18 years online. Approximately 15 procedures spanning 4 decades with a cost approaching 6 figures and no ties to the industry. I would think my experience would be of value at least to one person. Just my experience with health and fitness over the span of 5 decades alone has some value. If you have a logical explanation of why all opinions are not welcome then please feel free to explain.

I have no reason to lie or make up anything. Of course I do not like being attacked by the industry but I understand those that might be less then honest might feel it's a good approach. Guess what it's not the landscape has changed. Anyone that is still telling lies in this business will easily be found out and look foolish.
That Jean guy singles me out on these forums all the time and only insists on bashing me for a mistake I'm trying to correct. I don't hide anything and have already shown my pictures of what a hair transplant can look like. If they hate us for being so honest then let's see their results. I'll continue posting my pictures with undeniable visual evidence to provide information. They laugh at me for believing in bioprinting yet plenty of things thought to be impossible are now possible. Who would've thought that we would be flying in airplanes through the skies so casually now. Keep preaching and thank you for giving us valid information based on real experiences. No sugar coated bullshit with false or exaggerated claims!

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tano just keep researching and observing. Some of these guys that work the forums are naive. They don't have 9000 donor grafts available long term. Maybe they now know this and maybe it doesn't matter for the moment but it will in time. Most doctors would consider 3500 a limit for many so triple that number is just that a number that someone throws out there. Don't worry kid your good you have plenty in the bank we can blast that hairline with 3000+.................is it possible that they were being sold? Is it possible to convince a desperate young man that doesn't understand the business not to worry..............of course it is.

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering my results are 100% natural. I have never used performance enhancing drugs in my life and in fact I use zero supplements. It took me about 20 years to understand supplements are all about marketing much of like what you see in the hair transplant industry. Always someone out there encouraging you that they have a product that will make your life better...............it's marketing plain and simple.

The fact is I DO THE WORK. I do the type of exercises most avoid because the simple truth is they are just too hard. It's easier to just make excuses. I eat the foods most avoid because they don’t associate good times with these types of foods. I put in the extra effort and that is what you are seeing. I will not be the biggest and strongest but I will be as healthy as I can possibly be and that is why I don’t need make doctor visits. If health is important to you which is should be then do the work and part of that work is putting down the marketing material magazines/Internet and start reading books. Yes reading a book is harder but the payoff is better.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of doing the work when it comes to fitness is growing some of your own food. For me this includes raising hens for eggs. When hens are raised closer to their natural environment the composition of the egg itself changes. The omega fatty acids of 3’s and 6’s is closer to a ratio of one to one. What exactly does this mean? In essence it means less inflammation for the person consuming them as a diet high in grains, grain processed rancid oils, or animals that are fed the same diet is extremely high in omega 6 and very inflammatory. The other issue with eggs is you are unable to purchase soy free eggs in the general market. Soy is extremely cheap, high in protein an easy to store making it much easier to sell loads of crap to the general public at a greater profit.

What happens when hens are fed soy free feed is the phytoestrogen content of the eggs is substantially reduced. The less estrogens in your body the leaner and healthier you will be. Regardless of if they are from hormones fed to the animals, xenoestrogens in the environment, phytoestrogens from soy, or raised estrogen levels from medications. You simply cannot become lean and healthy with high estrogen levels plus you increase your risk for cancer substantially over time.

Raising hens is a lot of extra work and most will simply not do it because most become work averse over time out of habit. The way to overcome this is to thoroughly understand what those that profit from food and supplements are doing to you and your family then you can start to wake up and not let it happen. This is hopefully when people stop making excuses as the only excuse that applies is they simply did not do the work and relied on the social proof marketers created to be their research.

Raw eggs especially raise glutathione levels the master anti oxidant along with being a very usable protein by the body. Raw whey has the same effect so if you have a farmer near you ask him/her for some raw whey if available.

So why do you buy whey protein in a plastic canister. Because no one can make money from selling eggs that are raised the right way. It’s too hard to explain to the average consumer and they would cost too much because it’s labor intensive and same goes for whey. In order to make a profit a product has to have shelf life so what do you do? You tell the public it’s the same and they will just follow along. They will not do the necessary work of researching. They will then wonder why they are not making progress and simply move on to the next product the marketers are selling.

Why do hair transplant doctors promote whey protein? Because they are just as clueless. Simply another avenue of revenue without the work of doing the research. Tattooing hair dots is another great example. Just add it to the offering without worrying about the consequences. Until something happens to their own family then they become outraged at what is going on.

If you don’t have the ability to raise you own food then start traveling to farms outside your area. They can’t afford the $100,000 full page ads in the fitness magazines but they are selling a better product. It’s time tested.

One of the greatest marketing stories out there is statins. It has now surpassed the trillion dollar revenue mark. I have been eating a dozen eggs a day for at least the last 15 years and even more over the last few years. My peers are starting to pass away or are on multiple prescriptions. Eventually the marketers will get you if you don’t stay informed and stop following the experts that are simply profiting from your ignorance.

My farmer that raises healthy eggs.

020_zpshued1j93.jpg

My own hens

003_zpscehpcp3c.jpg

My refrigerator when it’s too warm to keep the eggs at room temperature.

100_1685.jpg

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of doing the work when it comes to fitness is growing some of your own food. For me this includes raising hens for eggs. When hens are raised closer to their natural environment the composition of the egg itself changes. The omega fatty acids of 3’s and 6’s is closer to a ratio of one to one. What exactly does this mean? In essence it means less inflammation for the person consuming them as a diet high in grains, grain processed rancid oils, or animals that are fed the same diet is extremely high in omega 6 and very inflammatory. The other issue with eggs is you are unable to purchase soy free eggs in the general market. Soy is extremely cheap, high in protein an easy to store making it much easier to sell loads of crap to the general public at a greater profit.

What happens when hens are fed soy free feed is the phytoestrogen content of the eggs is substantially reduced. The less estrogens in your body the leaner and healthier you will be. Regardless of if they are from hormones fed to the animals, xenoestrogens in the environment, phytoestrogens from soy, or raised estrogen levels from medications. You simply cannot become lean and healthy with high estrogen levels plus you increase your risk for cancer substantially over time.

Raising hens is a lot of extra work and most will simply not do it because most become work averse over time out of habit. The way to overcome this is to thoroughly understand what those that profit from food and supplements are doing to you and your family then you can start to wake up and not let it happen. This is hopefully when people stop making excuses as the only excuse that applies is they simply did not do the work and relied on the social proof marketers created to be their research.

Raw eggs especially raise glutathione levels the master anti oxidant along with being a very usable protein by the body. Raw whey has the same effect so if you have a farmer near you ask him/her for some raw whey if available.

So why do you buy whey protein in a plastic canister. Because no one can make money from selling eggs that are raised the right way. It’s too hard to explain to the average consumer and they would cost too much because it’s labor intensive and same goes for whey. In order to make a profit a product has to have shelf life so what do you do? You tell the public it’s the same and they will just follow along. They will not do the necessary work of researching. They will then wonder why they are not making progress and simply move on to the next product the marketers are selling.

Why do hair transplant doctors promote whey protein? Because they are just as clueless. Simply another avenue of revenue without the work of doing the research. Tattooing hair dots is another great example. Just add it to the offering without worrying about the consequences. Until something happens to their own family then they become outraged at what is going on.

If you don’t have the ability to raise you own food then start traveling to farms outside your area. They can’t afford the $100,000 full page ads in the fitness magazines but they are selling a better product. It’s time tested.

One of the greatest marketing stories out there is statins. It has now surpassed the trillion dollar revenue mark. I have been eating a dozen eggs a day for at least the last 15 years and even more over the last few years. My peers are starting to pass away or are on multiple prescriptions. Eventually the marketers will get you if you don’t stay informed and stop following the experts that are simply profiting from your ignorance.

My farmer that raises healthy eggs.

View attachment 55127

My own hens

View attachment 55128

My refrigerator when it’s too warm to keep the eggs at room temperature.

View attachment 55129
The information you're providing is excellent for me! I've been trying to get fit and eat healthy (although I have been having trouble with eye styes). I grew up eating eggs and love them. I would have days where I was eating 6-7 but normally 3-4. The thing is I like to eat my eggs sunnyside up for the most part. I always thought too many eggs destroyed your cholesterol, but I did read in an article once about them having good cholesterol. I'm not sure how those are divided up between bad and good so I stuck to 3-4 a day now. There are farmers outside of town that I know who sell eggs and I think I will ask them next time I see them about the whey you mentioned.

I can't believe that guy ate a dozen eggs a day though! At least I should be safe then haha. I do wonder though how he cooked his eggs?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tano I have been eating a dozen eggs a day for the last 15+ years over the course of 1 year before the photo below was taken I consumed 2-3 dozen eggs a day. The point being is that you can’t sell a trillion dollars worth of statins unless you can come up with a good story. You can’t sell trillions and trillions of dollars worth of cheap rancid vegetable oil along with all the processed foods they go into unless you can get people to believe the narrative and this is what marketers do. They become adept and demonizing the truth.

Same applies to the hair transplant industry. This is why when the hair transplant marketers own family members start to pass away from cancer and heart disease they too can blame a marketer and that is their karma now and in the future. They are so busy screwing other people over while they count their coins that they do not see they themselves are being screwed over……. it’s inevitable.

Ifx631476229247%202_zpsmvusgowj.jpg

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am definitely going to start eating a dozen eggs a day now! I like mine sunnyside up! I'll research what you talked about on here then hunt down a friend who is a farmer himself as well as his family and see if they have the eggs I'm looking for. Surely you don't just eat eggs all day every day though?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tano the 2-3 dozen eggs a day for one year was just an experiment but I always eat a least a dozen a day. An egg simply represents macronutrients, protein and fat. So one can choose whatever source they would like including carbs but it makes more sense to choose those that go towards growth and repair. You can eat simply for pleasure or you can move more towards eating for performance.

In order to train naturally one must be extremely disciplined when it comes to food. If you are not disciplined then it becomes easier to just make excuses or fall prey to the supplement marketers. Most simply make excuses and say it can't be done. No different than those in the hair transplant industry for years that claimed FUE was not effective. How exactly do they explain some of the great results which have been posted over the years.

Someone needs to ask them that simple question. How do you explain all these results by less than a handful of doctors posted over and over and over again year after year after year?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm attempting to cut down weight and doing a poor job of it, no discipline, but when eating big I always have at least half a dozen eggs, maybe another 3 or 4 in the evening. I haven't bothered doing this but I often read that egg whites are much better than including the yoke, on some diets anyway.

This is a great thread by the way, a lot of info to pick through but that's not a bad thing. I don't have a clue why your earlier posts got Dislikes, you're completely correct in the amount of bullshit the fitness industry peddles us. And it's an interesting parallel with how the hair loss industry works the same way.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This post is a like a dot to dot board game.

After reading it, I felt like doing the chicken dance!