the hair loss struggle NEVER ends

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree wiping out a whole city to get hair back is a little extreme, but think about it...

Doing something to yourself is different, but killing others to save your hair sounds just... a dick-ish thing to do.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just when I start to think better of humanity, I read comments like that. Not minding if people die for your cosmetics is just...wow.

The people who should never get any positions of power.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Just when I start to think better of humanity, I read comments like that. Not minding if people die for your cosmetics is just...wow.

Thom, it's not like anyone of us will be visited by God and promised a full head of hair if we kill someone anyway. That will never happen.
I don't know if you referred to me but I was just trying to describe how deeply hair loss can affect you and drive you to desperation.
It's not like I will ever actually kill someone, even WANT to kill someone. Jeez, I almost feel bad when I step on an ant...

verysad

Reaction score
I agree wiping out a whole city to get hair back is a little extreme, but think about it... Balding is a very lonely and destructible uphill battle, which breaks you down little by little, slowly draining you of energy before you realise you've lost the battle - and yourself along the way. Before I started losing my hair I considered myself a person who looked out for others before myself, and I would always worry about the people close to me. Sometimes I would be just filled with love when I looked at a person near and dear to me. I would even tear up if I heard something bad happening to a stranger. But as the hair loss battle began and I put all my energy into saving my hair, things started changing deep within me and I don't feel like ME anymore. I've become very egoistic and self centred, only being able to feel my own misery instead of others. As the hair loss struggle continues and your balding escalates you become more and more desperate, and your limit for what you would sacrifice for hair becomes lower. You stop caring about anything but hair, and is suddenly filled with anger over not only the situation you're in, but other people who are not sharing that hell also. This is not something I'm proud of, but now that my hair loss has escalated pretty far and I'm realising the battle is most likely lost, I have no love left for anyone in my life. I try hard to feel love for for example my family who does anything for me, but I just can't. I'm as empty inside as the top of my head will be. I would literally sacrifice pretty much anything for hair, so maybe what whymewhynow said isn't so far fetched. If I had my hair I'd never think like that, but like I said hair loss is truly an intimate hell that breaks you down. Sometimes I hate myself for what I've become and feel like I don't even deserve hair because of it, but I really can't help the way I feel.

Erm why is it I think like you donewithit. And yes you get more hateful and jealous too. U will change in short

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

again, you are cool and i agree that you shouldn't kill for hair loss.

but still. you don't have noticeable hair loss so thats why you speak of it so dismissively.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wasn't speaking about you donewithit, you didn't make my comment. I've never thought you were anything but a good person.

I like you too Exodus, but even if I looked like Sloth from The Goonies I wouldn't want others to die to fix it. I mean dude that's really messed up. You can't defend that. Me having hair has nothing to do with it. Would you really wipe out a city with innocent men, women, and children to grow hair?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't speaking about you donewithit, you didn't make my comment. I've never thought you were anything but a good person.

I like you too Exodus, but even if I looked like Sloth from The Goonies I wouldn't want others to die to fix it. I mean dude that's really messed up. You can't defend that. Me having hair has nothing to do with it. Would you really wipe out a city with innocent men, women, and children to grow hair?
im not defending killing people for it but im just saying try to see where he is coming from. hair loss sucks major ****ing giant dick. and well the only ones that are innocent are children

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

1) I think you are taking this thread a little too serious.

2) Meh, I grew up there and personally CT can do without Bridgeport?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah, not trying to be the politically correct guy with a stick up the end, I just think it's a stupid comment to make. What gets me is I really think some people feel that way. Oklahoma could do without a good many towns as well :p.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oklahoma could do without a good many towns as well :p.

THERE YA GO.... by George I think he's got it.......

Ill take out the whole god damned State of CT (this dump I've poinently rename connecti****) if I can get hair on my head and get the hair on my chest and back removed!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But the beautiful New England countryside! The history! Actually, I love Oklahoma but I live in OKC and it's quite a bit different and diverse. The small panhandle towns up north in the plains are just nothing short of depressing though.