the hair loss struggle NEVER ends

whymewhynow

Reaction score
I thought once I reached NW3 then it was all over. I could just shave my head. I did some research on why balding is so off putting on the mind. You must maintain a frame for your face AT ALL COSTS. Even a small island of hair will do the trick.

from sexy to "boring"

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cfarrell2.jpg

But for some reason more average men are still not made ugly just "boring" too....
Cameron_Hairy1.jpg

Cameron_Bald1.jpg

harry_hairy.JPG

harry_bald.JPG

Baldness passed NW4 will make even the best looking man "bland" "boring" "off putting".. I notice when you look at a completely bald man your brain struggled to "connect" with him. Your eyes cannot "lock on" to his eyes, they are darting around , your brain feels uncomfortable analyzing him. Balding is dehumanizing.

I was wrong about NW3s. I have new respect for them. They are still battling like I am. Only > NW4s are stable and living freely if not enviably. I sometimes wonder if I would have been better off losing all my hair quickly, being a NW7 now.

Until then that island of hair IS EVERYTHING.

Attachments

• harry_hairy.JPG
    harry_hairy.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 964

verysad

Reaction score
that guy is colin farrel? unless i am mistaken.. he looks more badass and mean without hair but no means ugly.. since you put up his pics for comparison this is my opinion..

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I envy people who are already dead. They don't have anything to worry about. Must be nice having that kind of certainty. I wish I could get hit by a bus and die on impact... but until then, hooray for life! Totally.

verysad

Reaction score
I envy people who are already dead. They don't have anything to worry about. Must be nice having that kind of certainty. I wish I could get hit by a bus and die on impact... but until then, hooray for life! Totally.

same here.. i am tired of struggling.. while living with hairloss and struggling with a botched nosejob. i am heading to korea to fix my nose if all fails i will jump into the han river

whymewhynow

Reaction score
that guy is colin farrel? unless i am mistaken.. he looks more badass and mean without hair but no means ugly.. since you put up his pics for comparison this is my opinion..

Yes that is Colin Farrell. I posted him to say that men are not made ugly by being bald. Even average men are still "normal" looking. But you can also see they look very plain and unsexy. Sorry for bald men but it's true...

Hair loss can stunt how people relate to you. Eye contact is very important for social interactions. If people cannot look into your eyes as they are distracted by a bald head then you are dehumanized. Now see you don't need to be completely bald for this to happen.If your forehead is too high they will be distracted. The higher the norwood the worse it is. You need at least some hair on your head to prevent the eyes moving up. If I lose my island of hair (when/if it comes to me being NW3) I will consider all "options" if you know what I mean. I can't live being hated by society that I live in.

So I am saying to balding men who think they can just shave it all off and the battle is over for them, they are wrong. I see it all the time. It is accounced "hey I'm giving up the fight I stopped taking finasteride". WRONG. They MUST continue taking drugs to keep what hair they have left as it's required to frame the face. The face must be in harmony otherwise the brain gets confused and "angry" processing an off putting face.

Now this is where I disagree with those that say NW2s don't suffer. ANY hair loss changes your facial proportions. I started with a huge forehead. Hair loss has made me into a leper even if it was only minimal.

I will give you an example of what my hairline looks like.
Imagine this with a bit of temple recession. I couldn't afford to bald AT ALL. My doctor thinks I am crazy and should see a psychologist. He tells me I'm imagining people looking at my forehead but I know the looks are real. My friends even tell me "hahah your forehead is so large" and make all crass jokes.
cam-gigandet-twilight-pic.jpg

@uncomfortable man I envy bald men not out of pity but I see them as "stable". They have certainty. It's easier to deal with certainty. If you lose a leg over time you can learn to live with it. But if I said you will have to cut your leg off at an announced random time then it hurts much more. It's distressing not knowing what you future entails.

Here is another example of what I mean. Freddie Ljungberg. He has the island of hair. Take that away and he won't look nearly as good. ALL good looking bald men have this. Stratham.
You can't compare a fully bald man to an NW3 for this reason. NW3 >>>>>>>>> bald man.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
If thats your hair loss then I hate you, its fine.

I googled this Freddie Ljungberg and hes just a good looking guy with hair who shaves, which only makes him cooler unlike someone like Bruce Willis who just looks old. And for everyone who states BW is cool because he embraces his hair loss you DO know he tried to donate millions to hair research to get his hair back when cloning first started.....

That Frddie guy also has great slim and chiseled features.

The ONLY time I got that way was by overdosing fat burners with my work out to get to like 180lbs AT 5'-10" tall!
The instant I stopped the burners I went right back to 200lbs. I look like a short hulking angry monster with my head shaved.

what looks better here really?

this

1.jpg

or this

Bruce-Willis001.jpg

ever since BW had to shave his head he has always had this "defeated" lazy look in his eyes.

Though him being a millionare and knowing it doesnt hurt.

Where When I had hair I had many opportunities presented to me now I get NOTHING!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
If thats your hair loss then I hate you, its fine.

I googled this Freddie Ljungberg and hes just a good looking guy with hair who shaves, which only makes him cooler unlike someone like Bruce Willis who just looks old. And for everyone who states BW is cool because he embraces his hair loss you DO know he tried to donate millions to hair research to get his hair back when cloning first started.....

That Frddie guy also has great slim and chiseled features.

The ONLY time I got that way was by overdosing fat burners with my work out to get to like 180lbs AT 5'-10" tall!
The instant I stopped the burners I went right back to 200lbs. I look like a short hulking angry monster with my head shaved.

what looks better here really?

this

1.jpg

or this

Bruce-Willis001.jpg

ever since BW had to shave his head he has always had this "defeated" lazy look in his eyes.

Though him being a millionare and knowing it doesnt hurt.

Where When I had hair I had many opportunities presented to me now I get NOTHING!

You comparing a younger guy to an older guy who would look better regardless even if Bruce Willis head hair...yeah makes sense...Bruce Willis still looks good though in my opinion.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

Same here ucman.
I am thinking every day, why do I have to live this? Why can't I have a fatal heart attack, stroke, be in an accident or something.
I cannot suicide because I have a family who loves me. Sometimes I wish I didn't so I could just suicide. Might do it in the end anyway cause I don't know how I can bare this.
Barely a few strands left where the hairline was. I'd say I have lost 50% of my frontal hair in less than a year.
So fckin unlucky. Woman, early 20's, Androgenetic Alopecia, male pattern, very aggressive loss, do not respond to treatment, constant scalp pain. I feel like the WORST frikin case ever.
Like what's the chances? Most women never bald, and those who do are past menopause. for the unlucky premature ones at least most maintain a hairline, but not me!!! :D :D :D
THANKS TO GOD I GET TO BELONG TO THE NORWOOD SCALE <3 <3 <3 (yes i am going insane).
I am that one in a millon (or billon) who gets it THIS BAD.
I feel you ucman. Life is unfair, no doubt about it. If I got a deadly disase today I would cheer, cause then I could just refuse treatment and die without having to suicide...

Oh and BTW, colin farrell looks hot anyway but def. better with hair. But I still think totally bald is more attractive than a horse shoe.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
@swingline747 you would be surprised how even a tiny bit of temple recession can make you look ill. I just have the wrong look for it. My large forehead is the final nail. I get questions about my health all the time. My recession is not as bad as this but you get the picture.

a2xzXZa.jpg

I agree with Freddie he has great chiseled features which seems to be a requisite to look good bald. But Stratham doesn't have them and he looks ok too... I think just being masculine is enough. Unfortunately I have not these features. It hurts even more when my hair used to be one of my best features.

Take away the hair of some of these so called "beautiful" celebrities and they don't look so good. Hair is so important. All the older sex symbols have good hairlines. Strathem won't have longevity because once his youth is gone he has no hair to keep him looking good unlike Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, George Cloony or Johhnny Depp.

I always thought Willis looked old and not that good. See the thing is I'm still in my early -mid 20s all these balding "idols" they don't mean too much for me.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
@swingline747 you would be surprised how even a tiny bit of temple recession can make you look ill. I just have the wrong look for it. My large forehead is the final nail. I get questions about my health all the time. My recession is not as bad as this but you get the picture.

a2xzXZa.jpg

I agree with Freddie he has great chiseled features which seems to be a requisite to look good bald. But Stratham doesn't have them and he looks ok too... I think just being masculine is enough. Unfortunately I have not these features. It hurts even more when my hair used to be one of my best features.

Take away the hair of some of these so called "beautiful" celebrities and they don't look so good. Hair is so important. All the older sex symbols have good hairlines. Strathem won't have longevity because once his youth is gone he has no hair to keep him looking good unlike Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, George Cloony or Johhnny Depp.

I always though Willis looked old and not that good. See the thing is I'm still in my early -mid 20s all these balding "idols" they don't mean too much for me.

Hahahah I wish bieber end up like this. He once mocked prince william for his baldness and said why don't he use propecia instead of being bald? if the little fck knew anything about baldness hed know there is no cure. Oh and there is a good chance he will go bald because his dad always wears a hat. i wonder why??

- - - Updated - - -

same here.. i am tired of struggling.. while living with hairloss and struggling with a botched nosejob. i am heading to korea to fix my nose if all fails i will jump into the han river

hope the nosejob fix goes well but if not we can jump in that river together. i am done with this...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

a2xzXZa.jpg

I always thought Willis looked old and not that good. See the thing is I'm still in my early -mid 20s all these balding "idols" they don't mean too much for me.

Statham is one of the most facialy ugly men alive, I don't get why people say he's handsome. I think sometimes its only because he's bald and they NEED to say they have a couple good looking bald guys. Vin is not really facially handsome either. If either of these guys were walking around a mall in Levis and a kohls sweater no one would look twice.

Both would love and look better with hair

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Statham is one of the most facialy ugly men alive, I don't get why people say he's handsome. I think sometimes its only because he's bald and they NEED to say they have a couple good looking bald guys. Vin is not really facially handsome either. If either of these guys were walking around a mall in Levis and a kohls sweater no one would look twice.

Both would love and look better with hair

But this is YOUR opinion cause you dont find them attractive dont mean others dont...just watch an interview like Jonathan Ross with Vin and listen to the ladies scream enough said...reason i say Vin or Statham because they look badass...and in my opinion Bieber dont look "ill" there just older...hell i never had a hairline like Biebers in the first pic.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ladies scream because they are rich famous stars.
Again if they were Joe shmoe in Walmart no one would be screaming unless they stole some minoxidil off the shelves and ran.....

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
@ Donewith, I was being sarcastic in my remark about envying dead people to show how ridiculous the OPs train of thought is here. First he acknowledges the fact that people see bald guys as inferior sub humans and then he turns around and says he envies them? Is the contradiction not obvious. If indeed bald men are resigned to lives of lost opportunity, day in and day out being seen as second rate citizens, then how is that any better than being nw3 and still on humanities good side all the while having more options at your disposal to battle and prevent baldness, so how the hell does his original premise even make sense?! I don't envy dead people because they are ****ing dead!

verysad

Reaction score
why is it when it comes to looks people will tell us to see a shrink and call it professional help? i need no professional help just my damned hair back..
@donewithit i hope my nosejob goes well i am thinking of doing other parts of my face as well else before i i kill myself i will go mad and kill everyone..

you know what is the most stupid thing i have ever heard? beauty is a curse.. you have no idea how difficult it is to be hot.. tell this to people here who are getting "less hot and beautiful" with hairloss..

why is it justin bieber looks more "uncle" when he is bald?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
why is it when it comes to looks people will tell us to see a shrink and call it professional help? i need no professional help just my damned hair back..
@donewithit i hope my nosejob goes well i am thinking of doing other parts of my face as well else before i i kill myself i will go mad and kill everyone..

you know what is the most stupid thing i have ever heard? beauty is a curse.. you have no idea how difficult it is to be hot.. tell this to people here who are getting "less hot and beautiful" with hairloss..

why is it justin bieber looks more "uncle" when he is bald?

I need no shrink either, just my hair. I have been telling my parents, friends and shrinks that I don't know why I bother coming there because if they can't help me with my hair I will not get any better. But they just throw anti depressants on me and blabber about cognitive therapy. I've told them time and time again, the ONLY way I will feel happy again is if I get my hair back. If it wasn't for the hair I would not be talking to shrinks anyway. Now they try to give me a diagnose as psycho, since I told a doctor "I do not feel like myself anymore", they took it as I'm schizophrenic or something :S All I meant was that I am not a bubbly person like before, just sad all the time, which was not like me before hair loss.

What parts of your face are you planning to fix? And please don't kill anyone haha...

HAHA, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! "Beauty is a curse" WTF.
I can attest to that being beautiful is the best thing ever on this planet. It's a free pass.
Before my hair went to hell I was called beautiful all the time and though my life wasn't perfect because of my anxiety and depression disorder, it was a hell of a lot better.
Hair loss doesn't just make you "less hot", it destroys your looks completely. Can take you from 10 to 0 just like that.
They say beauty is skin deep but I call this bullish*t. Look at all the models and celebrities. Fans go on and on about how they are so sweet, cheerful and beautiful on the inside as well as outside.
Well it's not hard to be a ray of sunshine that everyone likes when you look like that.
Before my hair loss I was a pleasant and "sunny" person too. Now I'm bitter, and even when I try my hardest to smile I know for sure all you see in my eyes is sadness.
And no one likes a sad/angry person, so that automatically makes me a bad person while the good looking people without problems like this surf through life and gets applauded for their "inner beauty".
Terribe world, eh.

OH and JB looks like an uncle because hair loss ages you by at least 10 years. It's the #1 thing that dramatically ages you.

verysad

Reaction score
I need no shrink either, just my hair. I have been telling my parents, friends and shrinks that I don't know why I bother coming there because if they can't help me with my hair I will not get any better. But they just throw anti depressants on me and blabber about cognitive therapy. I've told them time and time again, the ONLY way I will feel happy again is if I get my hair back. If it wasn't for the hair I would not be talking to shrinks anyway. Now they try to give me a diagnose as psycho, since I told a doctor "I do not feel like myself anymore", they took it as I'm schizophrenic or something :S All I meant was that I am not a bubbly person like before, just sad all the time, which was not like me before hair loss.

What parts of your face are you planning to fix? And please don't kill anyone haha...

HAHA, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! "Beauty is a curse" WTF.
I can attest to that being beautiful is the best thing ever on this planet. It's a free pass.
Before my hair went to hell I was called beautiful all the time and though my life wasn't perfect because of my anxiety and depression disorder, it was a hell of a lot better.
Hair loss doesn't just make you "less hot", it destroys your looks completely. Can take you from 10 to 0 just like that.
They say beauty is skin deep but I call this bullish*t. Look at all the models and celebrities. Fans go on and on about how they are so sweet, cheerful and beautiful on the inside as well as outside.
Well it's not hard to be a ray of sunshine that everyone likes when you look like that.
Before my hair loss I was a pleasant and "sunny" person too. Now I'm bitter, and even when I try my hardest to smile I know for sure all you see in my eyes is sadness.
And no one likes a sad/angry person, so that automatically makes me a bad person while the good looking people without problems like this surf through life and gets applauded for their "inner beauty".
Terribe world, eh.

OH and JB looks like an uncle because hair loss ages you by at least 10 years. It's the #1 thing that dramatically ages you.

anti depressants will kill you on the long go.. as if the side effects of rogaine and others are not enough.. how does being sad from losing hair makes you schizophrenic. shrinks are a waste of time i rather save money for plastic surgery. at the moment is my nose i will decide on which others parts of my face during the consultation with the doctors. i will go mad and kill if my surgery fails i don't know hopefully i do not get to that stage as if living with hairloss not enough.

well this is the world and yet people are talking about inner beauty screw them.. being beautiful is definitely good. and yet it is the beautiful people who talk about inner beauty over outer beauty yet dress up to show off their beauty.. i wonder if their face gets disfigured or lose their hair would they still keep the same outlook as me? no..
being beautiful is definitely good if you exclude the unwanted attentions by guys you do not like. but i rather be beautiful with the unwanted attentions rather than a hairloss head with no attention.
like you now i am a sad person. people are always saying i am so negative i have no humanity in me. how the hell do you have humanity in you when you are living with hairloss and botched nosejob with a sagging face.

as i said i am not being cruel. but i would like those who belittle my misfortunes to experience it themselves so they would not be a smart aleck by telling me its just your face and hair not as if you had been raped. inner beauty and chastity is what counts. and the girl who said this is a beautiful one. if she loses her looks and hair i wonder could she still say that in my face? no. anyway not just her thousands or others too

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Losing ur hair stings. there is no way around that. it sux. but please dont compare it to losing a leg. Alot of amputees would be very insulted by that, and alot of amputees lose there limbs, and theyre hair. a double whammy. All i can say, is as u get older, it gets easier. the more people who go bald aroudn u, the more normal youll feel. Threatening to kill urself over hairloss is extremely lame. Learn to deal with it, because things will probably get alot worse.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing ur hair stings. there is no way around that. it sux. but please dont compare it to losing a leg. Alot of amputees would be very insulted by that, and alot of amputees lose there limbs, and theyre hair. a double whammy. All i can say, is as u get older, it gets easier. the more people who go bald aroudn u, the more normal youll feel. Threatening to kill urself over hairloss is extremely lame. Learn to deal with it, because things will probably get alot worse.

Shes a woman so there really wont be more women going bald around her. Thats really a one in a like 50K thing.
I will say I went to the mall for an errand really quick yesterday and saw both a guy with one leg on crutches and 2 paralized people in wheelchairs. I wont say Id take that over hair loss, but sometimes when you are not seeing it in front of you its easy to take for granted what you have and think its an easier situation.

Inner beauty is a sham. There are a holes and non a holes.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
As twisted as it may sound, losing a leg is less painful on a psychological level. There have been studies that showed people missing a leg could become as happy as before their accident. And it's only logical, they can look in a mirror, and despite the missing part of their body, they still see themselves.

People suffering disfigurement (and yes baldness is disfigurement, your face is thrown out of proportion, some unfortunate people look like aliens because of hair loss) can never reach the same level of happiness as before, and I think we can all attest to that here.

I know I'll never be the same person I was before hair loss, that 18 years old kid is long gone.

Myself either.
There are def people who have it much worse but I think this falls in that catagory of just not normal. You are not so far away from normal that it calls for sympathy or special treatment but not normal enough you feel a but like dropping integration from society.
I would love my hair back more then anything. My brother and sis both has awful teeth and needed braces. I personally would take needing dentures over hair loss.
Honestly Somehow I inherited all the fractured genetics from my "is there another word for parents?",

I see my brother and how little he has to care and how he looks like the same person from 10 years ago and I look like Im looking into a mirror 10 years in advance.

I do look younger with a shaved head but I also look mean and scary and like Im hiding. But worse than that, I FEEL like Im mean, scary and hiding.