the hair loss struggle NEVER ends

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Losing ur hair stings. there is no way around that. it sux. but please dont compare it to losing a leg. Alot of amputees would be very insulted by that, and alot of amputees lose there limbs, and theyre hair. a double whammy. All i can say, is as u get older, it gets easier. the more people who go bald aroudn u, the more normal youll feel. Threatening to kill urself over hairloss is extremely lame. Learn to deal with it, because things will probably get alot worse.

First off I'm a woman so I doubt there will be more bald women around me even in 20 years. To this day I've seen THREE women with Androgenetic Alopecia, and I've looked hard for them. 2 was like 70 years old and the last woman was in her 30's to 40's I think. Here I am at 21 going bald, really it's one in a million and it happened to me. So I think I have every right to be crushed.

I have never "threatened" to kill myself, I said I might do it. What do you care? You don't know me, don't know the hell I'm going through on a daily basis because of my hair loss, and insomnia. Wanting to kill myself over hair loss is not "extremely lame", something you'd known if you'd ever suffered severe depression. I am diagnosed with SEVERE depression, meaning I am so depressed and feel so worthless I no longer have the ability to feel even the slightest amount of joy. I am in pain both physically and mentally 24/7 and as you said; it's only gonna get worse. I haven't made real plans to kill myself yet but I am definitely considering that if things doesn't get better for me. I just don't see how I'm gonna live this life when I've lost it all. It's not "just hair", there's no getting over this. I agree fully with FredTB over here, hair loss is one of the most devastating things that can happen to a person; because you no longer recognise yourself like he said. I stand by what I said; I'd rather lose an arm or a leg. I have never tried to insult any amputees whatsoever, this is just my opinion. There are very few things in this world who I'd rather take over hair loss, I think I can count on one hand. How do you think it feels losing your hair rapidly and forever, starting at the age of 20 as a woman who once was called beautiful every single day??? And don't tell me to "get over it and wear a wig". Yes a wig can cover the problem, but I will never be the same. Something was taken from me which cannot be replaced and I've died a little more inside each and every day since then.

So don't come here and tell me my suicidal thoughts are lame, you don't know one thing about how deep into this depression I am. Have some respect.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
First off I'm a woman so I doubt there will be more bald women around me even in 20 years. To this day I've seen THREE women with Androgenetic Alopecia, and I've looked hard for them. 2 was like 70 years old and the last woman was in her 30's to 40's I think. Here I am at 21 going bald, really it's one in a million and it happened to me. So I think I have every right to be crushed.

I have never "threatened" to kill myself, I said I might do it. What do you care? You don't know me, don't know the hell I'm going through on a daily basis because of my hair loss, and insomnia. Wanting to kill myself over hair loss is not "extremely lame", something you'd known if you'd ever suffered severe depression. I am diagnosed with SEVERE depression, meaning I am so depressed and feel so worthless I no longer have the ability to feel even the slightest amount of joy. I am in pain both physically and mentally 24/7 and as you said; it's only gonna get worse. I haven't made real plans to kill myself yet but I am definitely considering that if things doesn't get better for me. I just don't see how I'm gonna live this life when I've lost it all. It's not "just hair", there's no getting over this. I agree fully with FredTB over here, hair loss is one of the most devastating things that can happen to a person; because you no longer recognise yourself like he said. I stand by what I said; I'd rather lose an arm or a leg. I have never tried to insult any amputees whatsoever, this is just my opinion. There are very few things in this world who I'd rather take over hair loss, I think I can count on one hand. How do you think it feels losing your hair rapidly and forever, starting at the age of 20 as a woman who once was called beautiful every single day??? And don't tell me to "get over it and wear a wig". Yes a wig can cover the problem, but I will never be the same. Something was taken from me which cannot be replaced and I've died a little more inside each and every day since then.

So don't come here and tell me my suicidal thoughts are lame, you don't know one thing about how deep into this depression I am. Have some respect.

K Im going to say something really bad.

2 years ago on a couple trip to puerto rico we all saw this red head missing an arm.

ALL OF US were commenting on how beautiful she was. Literally me and the other guy were fictitiously fighting over her lol.
I will say I was getting looks from her on the beach and somewhat reciprocating even though I KNOW I couldnt do anything being in a relationship. SHE HAD ONE ARM.... ONE ARM..... ONE ARM! Like seriously stump at the shoulder one arm.

Moral of the story is I would still check out a chick with one arm if she was hot. Not sure about the hair. I would date a girl with no hair ONLY because of my own situation. I wont get caught calling the kettle black.

Im not trying to make Donewithit feel bad, just saying there is "some" slight fact to her opinions.

I personally have clinical depression myself. Not as bad anymore due to my own self therapy and meds. Do you take meds DWI? (DWI lol)

Also DWI have you tried adding super doses of Biotin to your diet?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
K Im going to say something really bad.

2 years ago on a couple trip to puerto rico we all saw this red head missing an arm.

ALL OF US were commenting on how beautiful she was. Literally me and the other guy were fictitiously fighting over her lol.
I will say I was getting looks from her on the beach and somewhat reciprocating even though I KNOW I couldnt do anything being in a relationship. SHE HAD ONE ARM.... ONE ARM..... ONE ARM! Like seriously stump at the shoulder one arm.

Moral of the story is I would still check out a chick with one arm if she was hot. Not sure about the hair. I would date a girl with no hair ONLY because of my own situation. I wont get caught calling the kettle black.

Im not trying to make Donewithit feel bad, just saying there is "some" slight fact to her opinions.

I personally have clinical depression myself. Not as bad anymore due to my own self therapy and meds. Do you take meds DWI? (DWI lol)

Also DWI have you tried adding super doses of Biotin to your diet?

It's not really bad. It's the truth. Hair is the #1 defect to harm your looks in both sexes (unless you take the "top ten body defects list" swingline posted to consideration haha), but especially a woman since baldness is something masculine.

Yes I know there are men who will love a bald woman. It's not like I'm gonna rub my horseshoe in his face (do not have one yet). I hate the thought of a wig but if I have to I'm gonna have to (or die). My chances are dramatically reduced with men but I know quite a few men exist who will look past it.

But the worst part is what its doing to my inside. Like I said I died inside with each hair and I continue to. I don't think anything other than real hair will ever replace what it took from me. Hair loss is deep, because it makes you look at yourself and don't even know who you are anymore. Not putting amputees down but they still look like themselves, just with one less arm or leg (not to downplay, it definitely is terrible). But they can still look hot! Like that redhead you said. And take notice; you described her as a REDHEAD, not an amputee. People always describe others as "oh that blonde" or something, and if you see a bald woman or a woman with a wig, that woman will be "the bald woman" or the woman with a wig. it's a label i can't erase and to know that i will forever be that girl is more than i can take really. i just hope to one day come out stronger (hopefully with a decent amount of hair) and out of this nightmare. if not i will seriously consider to take my life.

Yes I take anti depressants. Just started really. So don't know how its gonna work yet. I also go in therapy but it does not help. They tell me i'm imagining my hair loss when I know for sure i'm not. no my hair doesn't look bald yet, but the difference form before is huge. like i said approx 40% is gone. but those shrinks dont know me or how my hair was before (HUGE). i've done much to stop it yet it keeps on thinning and scalp hurting like hell. i may not be considered bald yet but trust me if dutasteride/finasteride or some miracle cure cannot stop this i will be NW6 before 30 i'll tell you that. the future is what scares me the most. my worst area is hairline and that bothers me the most. its not in your face receded by definitely losing shape and density week by week. also my head is full of miniaturisation. i dont know if they are new rogaine hairs or just terminal hair i shed that turned mini. been 3 months on rogaine + spironolactone now and i can say the pain is as bad as before, crown has not thinned any further as i can tell and top of head is doing OK. but hairline is much worse. might opt for a transplant if i cant save it.

havent tried biotin no. i feel like i take many pills these days and im gonna start finasteride or dutasteride so idk if another pill would be ok? i know its just a supplement and nothing dangerous. how high of a dose do you think i need?

OH and btw might have a nother real big problem here. this is completely off topic but i think i might be pregnant. missed a few pills and had unprotected sex with my lover last week and the week before. then i had a little bleed (not period) a few days after which i never had (been skipping periods on pill) and morning sickness every day and extreme fatigue. i'm prob just imagining the worst but seriously i will run to abort if that happens. im not in a state to raise a baby, not mentally, financially or romantically (not in a relationship). if im actually prego should i tell the dad im going for abortion? because there is no way im keeping it both for my sake and the babys. the guy has been my lover for about 8 months and we are good friends. does he deserve to know if this is the case? HOPE ITS NOT.

there is no way im spreading my crappy hair loss genes any futher. it stops with me.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
But they can still look hot! Like that redhead you said. And take notice; you described her as a REDHEAD, not an amputee. People always describe others as "oh that blonde" or something, and if you see a bald woman or a woman with a wig, that woman will be "the bald woman" or the woman with a wig.

Nice catch but in my defense I LOVE redheads.... dont know why and it was a redheaded GF that screwed me the worst (financially) but I cant get enough red hair. Also we already knew she was going to be an amputee so the haircolor was all that was left. Also I thought I mentioned her eyes. She had the most amazing green/blue eyes. Seriosly thought I mentioned that but maybe I got caught up thinking it.

havent tried biotin no. i feel like i take many pills these days and im gonna start finasteride or dutasteride so idk if another pill would be ok? i know its just a supplement and nothing dangerous. how high of a dose do you think i need?

I take two of these a day
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...KPID=10683367&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=1130580340

OH and btw might have a nother real big problem here. this is completely off topic but i think i might be pregnant. missed a few pills and had unprotected sex with my lover last week and the week before. then i had a little bleed (not period) a few days after which i never had (been skipping periods on pill) and morning sickness every day and extreme fatigue. i'm prob just imagining the worst but seriously i will run to abort if that happens. im not in a state to raise a baby, not mentally, financially or romantically (not in a relationship). if im actually prego should i tell the dad im going for abortion? because there is no way im keeping it both for my sake and the babys. the guy has been my lover for about 8 months and we are good friends. does he deserve to know if this is the case? HOPE ITS NOT.

there is no way im spreading my crappy hair loss genes any futher. it stops with me.

Never mind the genes, your like 20 arent you? WAY to young. Finish school and figure yourself out. You'd better get your *** in gear and go find out stat. Easier to terminate at 2 weeks than 2 months, emotionally more than anything. perhaps you brought this up by fate but have you looked into your birth control causing your issues with your hair?
How long have you been on it and look up sides. My ex who had the thinner hair (but another issue) could NOT take BC because it screwed up her hormones really bad. Also my current GF never took BC until we met. She had to stop because it was messing her up to.

Perhaps look into another form. My ex took the depo shot. LOVED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! I mean I loved it, she could care less!

Everything is above in the quote

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything is above in the quote

I love red hair too :) Not so much on guys (although hair is hair!), but beautiful long red hair on girls is very pretty. Actually I dyed my hair red before hair loss and I loved it.
Sadly I cannot put my already fragile hair through the process of dying it anymore. With that said I'd go with neon green hair forever if I could just have a full head of it.
I don't think you mentioned her eyes to me but maybe somewhere else on this forum? :) I have green/blue eyes too, they are very light in color so it was a nice contrast to my once beautiful full head of dark hair... Oh I should stop thinking back, makes me so depressed :-(

How long have you taken biotin and do you feel it helps? I don't think I've asked you about your regimen, so what is it? How long have you been on it and what's your Norwood level?
I have been on spironolactone and Rogaine little over 3 months and although I see many little hairs poking up they are not doing anything for density. I wonder if they are Rogaine hairs or just terminal that fell out and grew back miniaturised... How can you know the difference? I would say my hairline is between NW2 and NW3 but it's not receding much at the temples just thinning all over and maybe moved back like 1 cm. But since the hairline frames the face it's getting a lot harder to style my hair when the hairline is so ****ty with like 40-50% less density than before. The crown is another problem but luckily it hasn't become much thinner if any. Rest of my hair is thinner (except back) but nothing major. But my ponytail is thinner so overall I'd say 40% of the hair is gone but since I had very very thick hair before I do not look bald to other people unless I show them my problem areas.

I am 21. I don't think it's too young for children and I know many people my age who has kids and do just fine. With that said I am nowhere near being ready for a child, and it has nothing to do with age.
I am depressed and very fragile, so if I cannot take care of myself how can I look after a child? This is very egoistic too but if I really am pregnant I'd have to quit all my hair loss treatment and there is no way I'm doing that. On top of this I am not financially independent at the moment and had to move back home since I was forced to quit both school and work over my depression over hair and everything else. I am trying to fight the hairloss and get myself back on my feet in one way or another and I have to think of myself first and foremost but also a potential baby. It isn't fair to bring a life into this world when you are not in a place to take care of that person or yourself. Also if I one day have children I want to be in a stable relationship and have my own place again. So there is no way I am keeping this baby - if there is one. I threw up again this morning and I have noticed a huge craving for apples and I eat literally 8 apples a day haha. I'm going to take a test but I think it's a bit early so I have to wait until my period is due or else the test can give a false result. Crossing my fingers there is nothing to worry about cause I don't take abortion lightly and I don't wanna go through that. But if I am pregnant do I tell the dad? What if he wants to keep the baby, do I have a choice? Or should I just go for an abortion without telling him? What he doesn't know won't hurt him right? But it doesn't feel like the honest thing to do either... :(

I don't think BCP has anything to do with my hairloss cause it was there before I started Diane. Diane is one of the most hair friendly pills and actually help some women with Androgenetic Alopecia that's why I switched to it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love red hair too :) Not so much on guys (although hair is hair!), but beautiful long red hair on girls is very pretty. Actually I dyed my hair red before hair loss and I loved it.
Sadly I cannot put my already fragile hair through the process of dying it anymore. With that said I'd go with neon green hair forever if I could just have a full head of it.
I don't think you mentioned her eyes to me but maybe somewhere else on this forum? :) I have green/blue eyes too, they are very light in color so it was a nice contrast to my once beautiful full head of dark hair... Oh I should stop thinking back, makes me so depressed :-(

How long have you taken biotin and do you feel it helps? I don't think I've asked you about your regimen, so what is it? How long have you been on it and what's your Norwood level?
I have been on spironolactone and Rogaine little over 3 months and although I see many little hairs poking up they are not doing anything for density. I wonder if they are Rogaine hairs or just terminal that fell out and grew back miniaturised... How can you know the difference? I would say my hairline is between NW2 and NW3 but it's not receding much at the temples just thinning all over and maybe moved back like 1 cm. But since the hairline frames the face it's getting a lot harder to style my hair when the hairline is so ****ty with like 40-50% less density than before. The crown is another problem but luckily it hasn't become much thinner if any. Rest of my hair is thinner (except back) but nothing major. But my ponytail is thinner so overall I'd say 40% of the hair is gone but since I had very very thick hair before I do not look bald to other people unless I show them my problem areas.

I am 21. I don't think it's too young for children and I know many people my age who has kids and do just fine. With that said I am nowhere near being ready for a child, and it has nothing to do with age.
I am depressed and very fragile, so if I cannot take care of myself how can I look after a child? This is very egoistic too but if I really am pregnant I'd have to quit all my hair loss treatment and there is no way I'm doing that. On top of this I am not financially independent at the moment and had to move back home since I was forced to quit both school and work over my depression over hair and everything else. I am trying to fight the hairloss and get myself back on my feet in one way or another and I have to think of myself first and foremost but also a potential baby. It isn't fair to bring a life into this world when you are not in a place to take care of that person or yourself. Also if I one day have children I want to be in a stable relationship and have my own place again. So there is no way I am keeping this baby - if there is one. I threw up again this morning and I have noticed a huge craving for apples and I eat literally 8 apples a day haha. I'm going to take a test but I think it's a bit early so I have to wait until my period is due or else the test can give a false result. Crossing my fingers there is nothing to worry about cause I don't take abortion lightly and I don't wanna go through that. But if I am pregnant do I tell the dad? What if he wants to keep the baby, do I have a choice? Or should I just go for an abortion without telling him? What he doesn't know won't hurt him right? But it doesn't feel like the honest thing to do either... :(

I don't think BCP has anything to do with my hairloss cause it was there before I started Diane. Diane is one of the most hair friendly pills and actually help some women with Androgenetic Alopecia that's why I switched to it.

No I didn't mention her eye color in the post.
As for your other issue, hope its just nerves or a flu. On the slim chance its more the sooner you find out the better.
As a guy I would be selfish and rather not know but at the same time I would be for termination but that's me.
Its more selfish for someone to have a kid they aren't ready for than to terminate. If you are not ready than that child has the possibility of falling on everyone else around you and that's a bigger problem. To many people think abortion is selfish when it's actually the less self centered option, to me anyway.
Go to the hospital and have a test done. Don't they have early detection where you live?

As for my Nordhoff level I'm not sure. My hair is really weird. My wet pics say one thing but my dry, nizzed, and foamed pics lie. Plus honestly to me there is norwood one and Severn. Anything in between is simply anecdotal

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to be rude DoneWithIt, but maybe hair loss will humble you and teach you what life is for 95% of people. You said you were a 10 before hair loss and that men would pay you lunch everyday. Do you really think this is a common thing? We often see that here with guys who had tons of girls at their feet when they were NW1 and once they go bald, they realise they have to actually get a good personality to get girls. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a solution for your hair :).

Not rude Fred, just honest. I actually am a humble and open person and as long as people speak to me in a respectful manner I don't mind. But I never said I thought of myself as a 10, it's just what guys told me. Actually I have always had little confidence but I learnt to accept myself as I was and build a little confidence (before hair loss). I said I thought of myself as a 7, not a 10. Just guys would say I was a 10 and that I was beautiful and pretty, girls too for that sake. I never liked myself but it gave my lacking confidence a boost which I needed. I always disliked myself in most ways and especially since I was in an abusive relationship when I was very young so when I finally got out of it it took a long time to build me up. With hair loss what's been broke can never be replaced (unless with real hair) sadly. Yes I guess I was lucky to have that much male attention and I enjoyed it, shoot me. But this does not mean I had an easy life just because people told me I was easy on the eyes. I had my fair share of problems and because of it I have always been grounded and down to earth and treated people with the most respect. I am shy in real life and not an obnoxious b**ch who thought she was the bomb.com. I have a wild side but never did I do anything to harm anyone and always try my best to please other people. I don't need hair loss to be humble, I don't need it for anything. Just because I had this one thing about me (looks) does not mean I need a humble lesson because I never hurt anyone intentionally in my life. Life is random and unfortunately I guess this was bound to happen to me... But I don't deserve this hell.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
A girl just told me on a dating website "you look good with hair!" (I have some pictures bald, and others with hair). This is never going to stop, maybe after my hair transplant, we'll see. I understand, what have we done to deserve this? I see my friends all with full heads of hair, they seem so oblivious and far away from what we're experiencing. I'm glad some of them get it and have admitted that yes, hair is important in life. People have always said that I'm handsome, and it's still the case despite of my NW5, but I just can't stand the fact that I'll miss opportunities with women, or in other areas of my life because I have no hair. Even that stupid comment from that girl online made me sad. I'm sure we'll all get though this, there is life after hair loss, no matter what solution we choose.

But you getting girls WITHOUT hair also so i dont get why you feel like this how many girls do you god damn want? people have different opinions you cant expect EVERY one to think the same...cant you just be grateful that there is girls what DO like you? dear lord man.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is article on beauty is a curse... i wonder how this article will fit in this forum not trying to be rude though

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/barbara-greenberg/beauty-blessing-and-curse

I commented on the article. Let see how long it takes to be removed.

evil nick a few seconds ago

what a dumb article.
Beauty is also a choice, to those who can achieve it.
You can choose to keep yourself in shape (I do)
You can choose to dress nice and trendy (I do)
You can choose to keep yourself groomed and clean (I do)

there are parts you cant choose tho. I am losing my hair, not a beautiful thing and no choice, though when I had hair I was a GREAT looking guy.
Some people have other oddities and deformities restricting them from attaining modern beauty.
Is this article meant to make those people feel good?
Saying beauty is a curse is like saying fame is a curse. People who claim the difficulties of being rich and famous could always go back to doing construction or waiting tables if its that hard.
No one is asking you to be famous or beautiful its a choice you decide. If you keep yourself being beautiful then you are saying the goods far outweigh the bads so its not much a curse is it.
All you did was take an old phrase and write about 6 paragraphs.
If you are not getting the attention you like then drab yourself down a bit. I used to get attention I wasn't always fond of. Unattractive females or homosexual men. I honestly never let it bother me and was never rude. I still continued to work out, and look good. If it bothered me that much I would have started wearing sweats and shaved my head.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
I said before hair loss is about vanity, I was right...No one here is going to die from hair loss, no one is going to be forever alone, you just want to secure your "advantage" in life, you are selfish, but just admit it, be honest.

The only reason you care about cancer killing people it it hurts YOU or people you care about it, no one here cares about the millions who die of starvation in Africa despite that being an arguably MORE devastating human cost than cancer.... Now I bet you will say you do care, but how much have you done to help those less fortunate? Not much I think. I would gladly wipe out a whole city to get my hair back. That's my attitude to life. I am serious too. If you think about it, you have maybe 70 years on this planet, then you are gone forever, IT DOESN"T matter what decisions you make, what matters is making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Anyone who says beauty is not an advantage is lying (maybe they are beautiful and want to appear humble) or naive , they have never been beautiful. Beauty is a free ticket in life, especially for women, which is why DonewithIt is so unhappy.
Beauty seems to be the most "fragile" of advantages, unlike height or intelligence which can last a life time, it only takes a slight turbulence to wipe away beauty forever.... Hair loss making you ten years older looking, changing your face "appeal" could be it. How would you feel FredBelgium if 20cm were wiped from your "advantage" height? You get to keep living like a king lucky you.

But you know what, if I lose my hair, then so be it... It just means I have to find a new reason to live my life, if I can't live up to the "youth appeal" of society. Do you know that one day you will be old anyway, even if you kept you hair.... It's only a short window when you are beautiful/young.... How do you think older people live if they are obsessed with hair/beauty Do they kill themselves no! Just accept you have "aged" sooner... Be honest about your reasons for keeping your hair, it's not about conformity (sorry uncomfortable man or bald men ) NO ONE cares about bald men, they won't say anything to you, honestly I never thought bad about bald men before I lost hair myself... yes there are negative "images" of bald men but so are there of EVERY negative trait.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and your point being?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I said before hair loss is about vanity, I was right...No one here is going to die from hair loss, no one is going to be forever alone, you just want to secure your "advantage" in life, you are selfish, but just admit it, be honest.

The only reason you care about cancer killing people it it hurts YOU or people you care about it, no one here cares about the millions who die of starvation in Africa despite that being an arguably MORE devastating human cost than cancer.... Now I bet you will say you do care, but how much have you done to help those less fortunate? Not much I think. I would gladly wipe out a whole city to get my hair back. That's my attitude to life. I am serious too. If you think about it, you have maybe 70 years on this planet, then you are gone forever, IT DOESN"T matter what decisions you make, what matters is making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Anyone who says beauty is not an advantage is lying (maybe they are beautiful and want to appear humble) or naive , they have never been beautiful. Beauty is a free ticket in life, especially for women, which is why DonewithIt is so unhappy.
Beauty seems to be the most "fragile" of advantages, unlike height or intelligence which can last a life time, it only takes a slight turbulence to wipe away beauty forever.... Hair loss making you ten years older looking, changing your face "appeal" could be it. How would you feel FredBelgium if 20cm were wiped from your "advantage" height? You get to keep living like a king lucky you.

But you know what, if I lose my hair, then so be it... It just means I have to find a new reason to live my life, if I can't live up to the "youth appeal" of society. Do you know that one day you will be old anyway, even if you kept you hair.... It's only a short window when you are beautiful/young.... How do you think older people live if they are obsessed with hair/beauty Do they kill themselves no! Just accept you have "aged" sooner... Be honest about your reasons for keeping your hair, it's not about conformity (sorry uncomfortable man or bald men ) NO ONE cares about bald men, they won't say anything to you, honestly I never thought bad about bald men before I lost hair myself... yes there are negative "images" of bald men but so are there of EVERY negative trait.

NW2 say waaat? Really, looking at the title of this thread and the drivel being spewed henceforth makes me wonder if OPs hairloss struggle ever BEGAN.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's easy to get comfortable with our nw2/good response to big 3 but it takes one bad hair day to make you realize it still really sucks. My hair is stable, looks good, but on those bad hair days Im frantically comparing it with old photos and worrying my time of good response to meds is up. I often forget how terrible it all felt before. Kind of realising Im neurotic lol.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm beginning to lose my hair at 22 and it has been the worst thing that's ever happened to me. i have been seriously depressed about it over the last few weeks, mainly because i'm just the worst sort of person for this to happen to. young. no job. no girlfriend. why does this even happen? nature is so ****ing cruel. i honestly can't even think of many things worse. i told my gp who refused to prescribe me anything for it that i would honestly much rather be diagnosed with chrohn's disease or certain types of diabetes than male pattern baldness. so why won't you prescribe me anything? I asked him, with sadness etched all over my face. i think i offended him by saying this. **** him.

there should be more to combat this disease godamn, so much more.. and it's definitely a disease. you can tell it's a disease by the way in its early stages it makes your scalp itch and feel like ****, and the way it makes dead, ugly thin little hairs fall out all over the place. on your hands and clothes. the way it makes your hair all lifeless looking. early on it gives you the hair of someone who has been dead for a week. then in it's later stages, you look like a clown, and then, a ****ing alien. it progresses like a disease. it's really shocking there is nothing in the way of a cure yet, the male gender has been seriously let down.

all i can do now is hope finasteride helps a lot and just forget about it. although i know my hairloss is aggressive and so just forgetting about it is so much easier said than done. it's so hard to just ignore your hair falling out, so hard to blank out the hideous image of your future appearance from your mind. it's all i think about. it has completely consumed my existence. i'm nothing except a balding man.

i'm not bad looking and that's all i had. soon i'll have nothing. ****. MY. LIFE.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would gladly wipe out a whole city to get my hair back. That's my attitude to life. I am serious too. If you think about it, you have maybe 70 years on this planet, then you are gone forever, IT DOESN"T matter what decisions you make, what matters is making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Now you sound like a guy to hang out with! Just a tad selfish... just a tad.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Now you sound like a guy to hang out with! Just a tad selfish... just a tad.

I agree wiping out a whole city to get hair back is a little extreme, but think about it... Balding is a very lonely and destructible uphill battle, which breaks you down little by little, slowly draining you of energy before you realise you've lost the battle - and yourself along the way. Before I started losing my hair I considered myself a person who looked out for others before myself, and I would always worry about the people close to me. Sometimes I would be just filled with love when I looked at a person near and dear to me. I would even tear up if I heard something bad happening to a stranger. But as the hair loss battle began and I put all my energy into saving my hair, things started changing deep within me and I don't feel like ME anymore. I've become very egoistic and self centred, only being able to feel my own misery instead of others. As the hair loss struggle continues and your balding escalates you become more and more desperate, and your limit for what you would sacrifice for hair becomes lower. You stop caring about anything but hair, and is suddenly filled with anger over not only the situation you're in, but other people who are not sharing that hell also. This is not something I'm proud of, but now that my hair loss has escalated pretty far and I'm realising the battle is most likely lost, I have no love left for anyone in my life. I try hard to feel love for for example my family who does anything for me, but I just can't. I'm as empty inside as the top of my head will be. I would literally sacrifice pretty much anything for hair, so maybe what whymewhynow said isn't so far fetched. If I had my hair I'd never think like that, but like I said hair loss is truly an intimate hell that breaks you down. Sometimes I hate myself for what I've become and feel like I don't even deserve hair because of it, but I really can't help the way I feel.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Seems like some here have bigger problems going on then just hairloss...hairloss SHOULDNT make you lot feel as bad as it does...i was down when mine started but not to the point i see others here...you guys need serious help and i hope you get it i really do.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems like some here have bigger problems going on then just hairloss...hairloss SHOULDNT make you lot feel as bad as it does...i was down when mine started but not to the point i see others here...you guys need serious help and i hope you get it i really do.

I agree.