The functional cure is already here (pics)

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First thought was hair transplant. They so often have that unnatural plug look. If I did one, I'd grow my hair longer

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairlines get too much emphasis on the baldness/transplant forums.

If people are scrutinizing your hairline then your transplant usually has bigger problems. People scrutinize hairlines when they sense that something about your hair (overall) is "off". They are trying to put their finger on what it is.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair transplantation advanced tremendously last 10 years and became mainstream.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I think this could be a good hair transplant option for many of us. Even sceptic Dr Rasman has spoken positively about them.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7k grafts is only a common amount of donor supply on the forums. Many high Norwoods look moth-eaten after the first couple thousand grafts.

Does this guy in the pic have 7000 extra grafts in the back to pull out?
Does he even have 3000?

Is it really unusual to see this amount of hair loss in real life? He's not even a Norwood#7.
View attachment 170916

Zarev does great work on absolutely ideal candidates.

Saying that a good-looking Zarev result is not even his best, is like saying "this Ferrari isn't even the fastest one at the dealership."

I don't see how posting a guy that could be pushing 80 years old and is totally fubar is relevant here, because he surely doesn't represent an average candidate. He sits on the very extreme of what bad is.

You guys must be crazy to think the guy I posted is an "ideal" candidate for hair transplant. He is far from it.

You want to see ideal candidates for hair transplants just go to Dr. Couto YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FUEXPERTCLINIC/videos

Screen couto.png

Guys not very far on the Norwood scale with thick and dense scalp of hairs.

OTOH, this is not an ideal candidate, full stop

1634353311723.png

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplantation advanced tremendously last 10 years and became mainstream.
Yes but in the end you are at the mercy of a doctor who may or may not be skilled enough to make a good transplant. I will wait until AI is more involved in hair transplants, to remove human error.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how posting a guy that could be pushing 80 years old and is totally fubar is relevant here, because he surely doesn't represent an average candidate. He sits on the very extreme of what bad is.

You guys must be crazy to think the guy I posted is an "ideal" candidate for hair transplant. He is far from it.

You want to see ideal candidates for hair transplants just go to Dr. Couto YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FUEXPERTCLINIC/videos

That guy in the pic doesn't look near 80. He looks like 60s + acne scars.

How many grafts do you figure he has to spare? Maybe 2000 without showing it? Okay, let's think about how he got there. His donor area didn't go from thick to thin in a week during his 60s. It's a process. He might have realistically had 4000 grafts to spare when he was in his 40s. That's a long way from 7000 and my point stands.

The patient you posted was not "ideal". But the photo I posted was not a worst-case scenario either. He was still Norwood#6 with high sides. That pretty much guarantees that his thinning isn't the worst in town. There are guys with his degree of loss in any public place. It's not rare.

Here's what is fcuking rare:
Starting off with a Norwood#6, getting 7000 grafts' worth of visible restoration (regardless of how many grafts were moved or paid for), and not having the donor area look ravaged.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That guy in the pic doesn't look near 80. He looks like 60s + acne scars.

How many grafts do you figure he has to spare? Maybe 2000 without showing it? Okay, let's think about how he got there. His donor area didn't go from thick to thin in a week during his 60s. It's a process. He might have realistically had 4000 grafts to spare when he was in his 40s. That's a long way from 7000 and my point stands.

The patient you posted was not "ideal". But the photo I posted was not a worst-case scenario either. He was still Norwood#6 with high sides. That pretty much guarantees that his thinning isn't the worst in town. There are guys with his degree of loss in any public place. It's not rare.

Here's what is fcuking rare:
Starting off with a Norwood#6, getting 7000 grafts' worth of visible restoration (regardless of how many grafts were moved or paid for), and not having the donor area look ravaged.
That used to be rare I agree, but it’s not the case any more with Zarev, that is the point I’m trying to make with this thread. There are average NW6 dudes getting great coverage with their donors barely looking touched

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't you also transplant your beard hair if you need more coverage? Beard hairs are also twice as thick which can be good for density.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairlines get too much emphasis on the baldness/transplant forums.

If people are scrutinizing your hairline then your transplant usually has bigger problems. People scrutinize hairlines when they sense that something about your hair (overall) is "off". They are trying to put their finger on what it is.
Transplants only look "off" if the hairline is brutal though. People put emphasis on it because its what you actually see when you are face to face with someone, ie the most important part of your hair..

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The sad thing is none of those hair transplant will maintain cosmetic result with the sh*t maintenance treatments we have today. They will just continue to go bald and every hair transplant patient I message said there results end up sh*t after a while

View attachment 171260

Guys not very far on the Norwood scale with thick and dense scalp of hairs.

OTOH, this is not an ideal candidate, full stop

View attachment 171261

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
The sad thing is none of those hair transplant will maintain cosmetic result with the sh*t maintenance treatments we have today. They will just continue to go bald and every hair transplant patient I message said there results end up sh*t after a while
I think everybody here ultimately shifts what their idea of good is.

Reality meets our expectations half way.

I had a hair transplant 10 years and only now am I really wanting to fill in my crown. Maybe a bit. And only because I’d prefer a less thin look.

I 100% guarantee if you choose the right surgeon and don’t care about the ongoing thinning nature of m hair loss you can do soooooo much better than looking slick bald.

But I 100% agree with you that there’s always a risk.

Last edited:

CrimsonTide

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to apoligize at all. I get that you are frustrated. If I had lost much of my hair at a young age I would have been furious I'm sure. Plus I have ears that stick out and a small thin head. So shaving it would not have been an option. But you know if I had a nice shaped head with ears that layed against my head.....i think I would love shaving my head. It would feel cleaner and no worry about hair getting greasy and in my face...

Hang in there and realize that most people will never judge you on it. Stay neat, healthy and positive and you will be fine....

In all seriousness, I personally know people who had ears that stuck out that had a simple procedure done when they were teenagers that put their ears tighter to their heads. It's a very common and simple procedure with low risk and healing time. You should seriously consider it and just shave your head until such time as a completely solid, effective solution to hair loss is found.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.54.17 PM.png

Just my 2 cents.