The Effect Of Baldness On Your Looks

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. He has that youthful boyish look that baldness doesnt go with.
Maybe if he bearded....
Yep will make you look like Dopey

snow_dopey.gif

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Baldness never stops anyone forming a relationship if they are mentally, socially normal and realistic. Obviously important even without baldness. There's someone there for everyone long term if they put in some effort into their looks/behaviour and the chances of long term happiness and love are actually high. If you make effort for yourself and others, someone will make effort for you.

But looking at it from a superficial and objective POV it's a different reality. As some people wrote, the average guy will be screwed by hair loss somewhat and will fall from presentable back up option to disregarded. At that point, maybe even a below average full head will usurp him when faced with looks match girls. In the same way a handsome balding guy can be usurped by an average guy peacocking with good clothes, full hair, cool style, social skills e.t.c. It may not always happens, but even if it happens 3/10 times it shows hair is crucial. That's why balding hurts, especially in younger years. Anyway, quite easily a handsome balding guy can land a hottie no issues unless baldness totally destroyed his look somehow. Somehow most black guys are exempt from that which makes sense when you see how they pull it off incredibly well. So well, you don't even think of the term "pulls it off", it just looks normal. They just face the insecurity aspect that all of us on here felt/feel in relation to hair loss.

Being handsome like in the OP, will create spontaneous real attraction - emotional connection goes for a hike and instinct wants to takes over. It's a switch devoid of long term investment or any tests of character. We can't fault women, we think the same when in the company of a beauty. A masculine face like OP (low brow, smaller closer set of eyes, wide mid tier, jaw line, full lips) is the benchmark with balanced proportional features. It's something that pretty boys will have (just that they are more known for beauty) and pure tougher looking men. Ideally a mix is perfect as Shookwun once alluded too but all 3 forms girls will chase.

At a point in time you have to build on your strengths and accept unchangeable weaknesses in order to live your life happily. Bring something else to the table for your own self worth and to impress others. Actually this should be something everyone should already be doing anyway, but it's more important if image is compromised perhaps. There was too much bitterness here at times beyond just wanting hair - this rage for being "inferior" will drive some bonkers even if they weren't genetically predisposed to problems.

Then you have someone like Xander who is good looking and at least normal intelligence, yet is in a tough spot mentally if he isn't trolling with his black pill obsession. The cancer of being mentally dominated by "pills" and "chads/staceys" is dangerous imo. Invented by internet dwellers, usually socially isolated, autistic and cuck like forming essentially a cult. "Normie" any day of the week.

Aesthetics obsession when you lack basic aesthetics is a fruitless and painful endeavour. Looksmaxing is one thing but "beta rage" is another with devastating life consequences in some shape or form. Imagine someone torturing themselves daily over not being a famous singer if they sing like they have a frog in their throat or larnygeal palsy.

Couple of quotes come to mind for me. Everyone adopts one or another many times in their life depending on what they're facing.

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire."

"The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails."

I love this post overall but I have to say that my experiences disagree with the part that I bolded. My experiences indicate that the chances of love and long term happiness may be extremely low or zero for some bald guys, no matter what they do. No matter how hard he works, he may not be able to overcome his baldness and attain happiness if his idea of happiness is marriage and kids. This is the reality that he must accept if he's not a candidate for a hair transplant. He can be a top earner, be in shape, be intelligent, be humorous, have an interesting life and be able to connect well with people...but if he's a certain height, bald and a certain look, he won't be considered a realistic romantic option.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The dude you show here is no Chad and wasn't even a Chad in the first place. His face is way too chubby for him to be a Chad and his jaws look like Frankenstein's in first pic. What ruined him was his weird headshape that was revealed because of baldness.

Listen guys, I've been studying 4 years in university and let me tell you something about young, balding dudes that I saw there:

Balding young dudes (up to the highest Norwood) can still look young but weird if they have a thin face and small head. If they have a chubby one they look like 40 year old men. That is why exercising for bald is bad. It would make a young balding guy look more mature and old.
The rule No 1. is DON"T BE f*****g FAT AND HAM (I saw one young dude who completely shaved his head and looks tolerable because he fits this criteria).

True, someone may say that they look like cancer patients, but when your headshape is ok and your face is still young, you'll look like a child who has cancer.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He should just wear a wig, or maybe go for a transplant but just have the hair short and resting on the scalp (no hair wax or whatever).

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I really miss about hair is that it was useful to show what personality you were.
Artistic? David Lynch long bangs.
Sports lover? Boxeur Buzzed
Metal fan? Long hair
Finance addict? Gel

When your hair is thinning, you just have the “hide my hair inconsistencies with a short cut ”.
Not to mention some younger people DYE their healthy hair.

Thinning hair is so boring, guys.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The dude you show here is no Chad and wasn't even a Chad in the first place. His face is way too chubby for him to be a Chad and his jaws look like Frankenstein's in first pic. What ruined him was his weird headshape that was revealed because of baldness.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't consider him that good looking. He's got a monobrow, lips like a blowfish and his jaw is almost too big.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't consider him that good looking. He's got a monobrow, lips like a blowfish and his jaw is almost too big.

Dudes, you are delusional to think this speciman is not attractive to women. Just ask some from our forum intern baldie women.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he is attractive to some women but not all. I bet others would agree that he's a bit funny looking. I'd say he could pass as unconventionally attractive.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
The guy is attractive to women. He's attractive to all women. The photos in the original post sum up the thing that I'm always saying: hair is the only thing that women look for when choosing a man. Being in shape, being intelligent, having money etc. etc. don't come into it until you have hair. Sure his jaw is not ideal and neither are his eyebrows. But I sometimes think that people on here pick apart small details like that because they're trying to avoid the truth: male attractiveness is all about hair and height.

Look at, for example, David Gandy. He's in average shape, has an average jaw and some, but not all, of his facial features are masculine and good. His beard style is absolute garbage, for example. He's considered a top model and extremely good looking because of his $16 million per year head of hair.

Guys without hair might as well give up. I say that as a guy without hair who is doing well in all other departments of life and has a good head shape.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn that harry styles one is particularly bad. if i was him i would be mainlining Finasteride.

I have been studying nature and the animal kingdom and in nature it is always the males job to attract the female; the male has to be the good looking one to attract a mate.
See this image of the Pheasant; the Male Pheasant is the one with the colourful plumage while the female is barren. The male is the one who needs to do the attracting. See how the Peacock male has his huge tail.
330px-Male_and_female_pheasant.jpg

Oftentimes the male will have some sort of adornment near the head which is very important when it comes to attracting a mate. see how the Lion has his mane, the Ram has his horns, the deer antlers, and the human male his hair.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn that harry styles one is particularly bad. if i was him i would be mainlining Finasteride.

I have been studying nature and the animal kingdom and in nature it is always the males job to attract the female; the male has to be the good looking one to attract a mate.
See this image of the Pheasant; the Male Pheasant is the one with the colourful plumage while the female is barren. The male is the one who needs to do the attracting. See how the Peacock male has his huge tail.
View attachment 94512

Oftentimes the male will have some sort of adornment near the head which is very important when it comes to attracting a mate. see how the Lion has his mane, the Ram has his horns, the deer antlers, and the human male his hair.

I don’t think this applies to primates.
Mating, in primates, has many more social connotations.

“the dominance hierarchy of males often dictates which males an estrous female will mate”
http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/factsheets/entry/chimpanzee/behav
Dominance is based on strength and alliances, not handsomeness.
Then again, baldness sucks big time. It is just that there are living proofs that balding will not prevent you from having a satisfactory sexual life.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think this applies to primates.
Mating, in primates, has many more social connotations.

“the dominance hierarchy of males often dictates which males an estrous female will mate”
http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/factsheets/entry/chimpanzee/behav
Dominance is based on strength and alliances, not handsomeness.
Then again, baldness sucks big time. It is just that there are living proofs that balding will not prevent you from having a satisfactory sexual life.

How bald are you?