The Early Stages - Should I Be Preparing For War?

R Man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Due to Minoxidil i still wash it everyday

Sorry to keep pestering, however, questions keep coming to me (please do tell me if you no longer wish to answer)

Did you notice any correlation between body hair growth/ increase in thickness/ coverage and head hair loss? Furthermore, if so, have you noticed any countering to this on your regime?

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to keep pestering, however, questions keep coming to me (please do tell me if you no longer wish to answer)

Did you notice any correlation between body hair growth/ increase in thickness/ coverage and head hair loss? Furthermore, if so, have you noticed any countering to this on your regime?

Nah, maybe but, since I'm in my mid twenties, body hair Will be more eventually.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't bother, some here are salty because they didn't catch it early and see balding only when you are already NW3. I think you have some minor recession. Nothing to worry, might stay like that but might progress. If you don't wanna bet, hop on finasteride. But keep in mind that you are already 28 and it might not even progress further since your crown seems stable right now

Out of interest, how many times a day do you casually tell people to " hope on finasteride "

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again. Going to try Nizoral tomorrow. I'm just tired of this year long frustration/ lack of help from medical professionals. If this is DHT grease/ itch, it's apparently a slow burner.

Nizoral is plenty. No need for finasteride or min. Your hairline is nice

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral is plenty. No need for finasteride or min. Your hairline is nice

I agree that his hair is fine but nizoral is pretty pointless and just makes your hair lookes like sh*t. I've been using nizoral for years before my hair loss for dandruff (it nukes dandruff for anyone wondering, i get the prescription 2%) , but it probably did nothing to slow my loss.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Out of interest, how many times a day do you casually tell people to " hope on finasteride "

What a stupid question, people come here for advice and he directs them to proven treatments. No one is shoving It down anyone's throat, Just cause a forum member says hop on finasteride, doesnt mean the OP has to take it. He's simply saying "if you want to keep what you got, hop on finasteride" which isn't really the wrong advice to give.

g.i joey

Reaction score
R Man at this point in time i wouldnt take anything for your hair. I wouldnt start with rogaine, nizoral or anything. Keep taking pictures of your hair till you notice a DEFINITE change. As nizoral has the ability to change your hair texture and may leave you even more paranoid than you are now, with thinner and whispier hair (this generally happens when you overuse it). Best thing to do at this point is keep assessing your hair for any changes and take action with whatever you feel comfortable with once you do notice a change. Your crown is fine, and if you say your hairline has been like that for 10 years then you have no reason to think you are balding.

R Man

My Regimen
Reaction score
R Man at this point in time i wouldnt take anything for your hair. I wouldnt start with rogaine, nizoral or anything. Keep taking pictures of your hair till you notice a DEFINITE change. As nizoral has the ability to change your hair texture and may leave you even more paranoid than you are now, with thinner and whispier hair (this generally happens when you overuse it). Best thing to do at this point is keep assessing your hair for any changes and take action with whatever you feel comfortable with once you do notice a change. Your crown is fine, and if you say your hairline has been like that for 10 years then you have no reason to think you are balding.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I guess I will have to keep seeing my doctor until they can solve why I have this itch and increase in grease production. Scalp is visibly fine and the only descriptions I have seen that match this sensation perfectly is the 'DHT itch'. Very confusing.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I guess I will have to keep seeing my doctor until they can solve why I have this itch and increase in grease production. Scalp is visibly fine and the only descriptions I have seen that match this sensation perfectly is the 'DHT itch'. Very confusing.

Can you confirm that your scalp sometimes feels "sore", not so much itchy but just a sore feeling around your crown or hairline. These were the first signs of male pattern baldness for me when iw as 18, i shouldve realized but only found out i was balding at 22. If you can relate you can confirm male pattern baldness. Also, what parts of your scalp are itchy?

R Man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you confirm that your scalp sometimes feels "sore", not so much itchy but just a sore feeling around your crown or hairline. These were the first signs of male pattern baldness for me when iw as 18, i shouldve realized but only found out i was balding at 22. If you can relate you can confirm male pattern baldness. Also, what parts of your scalp are itchy?

Um, I don't know if I'd say it is sore. It can be a bit sore after scratching it all day. It's more the intense periods of itching, largely in the crown area, but it can happen all over (including sides and back).

These periods don't seem to be triggered by anything in particular, but I'd say it's worse on days where I have washed my hair. The second day, despite being grossly oily, tends not to itch as bad.

Was yours constantly itchy/ sore from 18-22? Did you have greasier hair than normal in this period? Have you still got it, if not, what did you do to address it?

Last edited:

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you even read, what I wrote or are you still straight on the anti Finasteride train because you are to scared to take it?