The Desire To Be 17 Again

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Captain Hook, :)

You're nearly into one month of taking Finasteride. How well has the drug been going for you? Any positive changes of your hair so far?

Hey Agustin!

Now that one month has elapsed, here is what I can say about finasteride in terms of the following,

Positive changes regarding the condition of my hair and scalp:

It still seems too early to say anything definitively but shedding has decreased, my hair feels less greasy and the anecdotal 'Androgenetic Alopecia itch' rarely occurs now and if it does the intensity is very low.

Side effects:

Still none to speak of other than increased overall energy and slightly decreased semen volume. I slept with a woman a week ago and the sexual experience was exactly the same as before taking finasteride. No differences in erection quality, strength and maintenance ability. Dare I say the experience was better than previous encounters but this might've been subjective and hence unrelated ;)

Definitely going to switch to dutasteride though if I don't see results by late June/early July as I figure I should notice something in a timespan of over 6 months.

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Agustin!

Now that one month has elapsed, here is what I can say about finasteride in terms of the following,

It still seems too early to say anything definitively but shedding has decreased, my hair feels less greasy and the anecdotal 'Androgenetic Alopecia itch' rarely occurs now and if it does the intensity is very low.

Side effects:

Still none to speak of other than increased overall energy and slightly decreased semen volume. I slept with a woman a week ago and the sexual experience was exactly the same as before taking finasteride. No differences in erection quality, strength and maintenance ability. Dare I say the experience was better than previous encounters but this might've been subjective and hence unrelated ;)

Definitely going to switch to dutasteride though if I don't see results by late June/early July as I figure I should notice something in a timespan of over 6 months.

If the drug is so incredibly safe from sides, why do you even have to bring it up?
Thanks for sharing your sexual experience i guess.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
If the drug is so incredibly safe from sides, why do you even have to bring it up?
Thanks for sharing your sexual experience i guess.

I'm not bringing it up for my own benefit. I can interpret the clinical studies and evidence just fine, well enough to know that any risk of marked side effects is under 1% when controlled for placebo.

It's more for the lurkers and the skeptics. As you can see there are several hysterical threads made almost every week pertaining to oral 5ARI side effects, so if my anecdotal evidence can settle someones nerves then I feel that it's more than warranted to post it.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Agustin!

Side effects:

Nice!

The positive changes of your hair and scalp will only continue to get better. Shedding will keep decreasing, hair and scalp will be less greasy, and that itch will be lessened even more.

It seems like you're a good respondent to Finasteride, Captain Hook. I never got any decrease in semen volume on Dutasteride, but I think in your case it should come back to normal. If you do switch to Dutasteride, do keep in mind that there won't be a huge difference in better maintenance, it is a little better, not by a large amount though. As I've stated in some of my posts before, I probably would've of done well on Finasteride if I gave the drug a chance.

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't want to be 17 again ... and I am 52 :laugh:
Yeah, screw being 17 lol. Especially for me since I'm already losing my hair pretty bad :mad:. I wish I could be 14 or 15, and take propecia before Androgenetic Alopecia ever started lol. Even if it caused developmental issues. Well I don't if I'd go that far, just want to be back to a time with hair so I can live judgement free :)

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One can only guess, but right after starting finasteride he disappeared, so it could be the sides were too tough for him.

Ryo1992

Reaction score
wow...

Are you sure you are going bald? :)
I would pay whatever to have asituation like yours

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to Captain Hook?

I always like the guys posts. But it's like he just stopped blogging, for whatever reason.

Don't know why guys feel like a failure if their hair isn't doing good. (Which is what I'm guessing
happened. )

This is a hair loss site. It's not like they are alone!

I think it's more likely the other way around. finasteride was working so there's really no need for him to visit here.

Reaction score
He was very cocky and arrogant when I brought up the sides issue and talked about my own experience.

I think it's more likely the other way around. finasteride was working so there's really no need for him to visit here.

I'm hoping that's the case. There is no way you'd wish anyone to suffer from this.