The Desire To Be 17 Again

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Captain Hook! :D

I thought I'd stop by here since I know today is the day you got your prescription for Finasteride. Thanks for the update pics of your hair, and your newly obtained Finasteride tablets. I'm guessing by now you've already taken your first pill of the drug today, how do you feel about it?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Captain Hook! :D

I thought I'd stop by here since I know today is the day you got your prescription for Finasteride. Thanks for the update pics of your hair, and your newly obtained Finasteride tablets. I'm guessing by now you've already taken your first pill of the drug today, how do you feel about it?

No worries Agustin!

Indeed, my first dose was last night. I feel great! It's definitely too early to say how I will tolerate the medication but I can say for sure I didn't have an anaphylactic reaction or anything, so I suppose that's a positive.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
No worries Agustin!

Indeed, my first dose was last night. I feel great! It's definitely too early to say how I will tolerate the medication but I can say for sure I didn't have an anaphylactic reaction or anything, so I suppose that's a positive.

Awesome that you're feeling great! Finasteride is tolerated quite well by most men, I really wouldn't worry. If you're a good respondent, you'll already be benefiting by the two month mark: less shedding, less inflammation, cosmetic appearance of hair starts improving. If you didn't have any negative reaction after the first dose, I think you'll do good on it. It was like that when I took my very first Dutasteride capsule, nothing negative happened, and ever since taking daily doses, I only benefit from the drug.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great! Wank is such a UK term as well haha. Give it 6 months-1 year to see some visible changes, although some people notice their hair feels different at like 2 months (I did). It could just keep everything how it is long term, a success too.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

- - - Updated - - -

I'm losing t hair

- - - Updated - - -

What can I do

- - - Updated - - -

Help

- - - Updated - - -

Me

Just

- - - Updated - - -

Be

- - - Updated - - -

Confident

- - - Updated - - -

Bro

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
#PrayForHook

palerider

Reaction score
This is a very insightful and informative thread! Thank you for posting in such detail and hope that you continue to see results. Lurking and reading this thread has been one of the deciding factors in deciding to join this forum.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He should be feeling a lot of the sides by now. I think mine got worse as the first month went along, maybe peaking 3 to 4 weeks in. He is probably still feeling the WTFIT stage.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
I really should've made a point to log on while I was on holiday, I go absent from the forum for 2 weeks and you lads are already assuming the worst :p That being said I appreciate everyone's concern.

Here's my experience so far:

-Libido is slightly higher, pretty similar to when I was 17 actually!
-No erection issues
-I can't tell if I have the testicular ache or not because I would sometimes get it randomly in the past even when I wasn't on finasteride, if I do have it then it's really mild to the point where it's hard to detect
-I also can't discern as to whether I have 'breast tenderness/pain' either as sometimes my chest is just sore the day after going to the gym anyway. No swelling though that's for sure.
-I feel like I have more energy in the gym
-Peeing seems easier, not that it was difficult before as I am very young but it just seems effortless now if that makes sense
-My complexion looks better, my skin is less greasy, I've been getting less spots too!
-Shedding seems to have decreased
-The only definitive thing that's changed is I've noticed a decrease in semen volume.

So with that being said I'm really perplexed as to why vast amounts of people are so afraid of finasteride. I've been a lot more positive and happy since I've started taking it, the previous months really have been engulfed with worry and anxiety over my Androgenetic Alopecia, knowing that I'm on a treatment that provides optimal results for 2/3 of guys (according to my dermatologist) really puts my mind at ease.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really should've made a point to log on while I was on holiday, I go absent from the forum for 2 weeks and you lads are already assuming the worst :p That being said I appreciate everyone's concern.

Here's my experience so far:

-Libido is slightly higher, pretty similar to when I was 17 actually!
-No erection issues
-I can't tell if I have the testicular ache or not because I would sometimes get it randomly in the past even when I wasn't on finasteride, if I do have it then it's really mild to the point where it's hard to detect
-I also can't discern as to whether I have 'breast tenderness/pain' either as sometimes my chest is just sore the day after going to the gym anyway. No swelling though that's for sure.
-I feel like I have more energy in the gym
-Peeing seems easier, not that it was difficult before as I am very young but it just seems effortless now if that makes sense
-My complexion looks better, my skin is less greasy, I've been getting less spots too!
-Shedding seems to have decreased
-The only definitive thing that's changed is I've noticed a decrease in semen volume.

So with that being said I'm really perplexed as to why vast amounts of people are so afraid of finasteride. I've been a lot more positive and happy since I've started taking it, the previous months really have been engulfed with worry and anxiety over my Androgenetic Alopecia, knowing that I'm on a treatment that provides optimal results for 2/3 of guys (according to my dermatologist) really puts my mind at ease.

Hey, I was wondering where you were. :)

It seems like you may be a good respondent to Finasteride! People are afraid of it because of all the nonsense posted online. I'm glad to know you've been more positive and happy since you started taking it. I know that dreadful feeling of worry because of hair loss, I've felt the sting of it and wish it upon no one ever.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering where you were. :)

It seems like you may be a good respondent to Finasteride! People are afraid of it because of all the nonsense posted online. I'm glad to know you've been more positive and happy since you started taking it. I know that dreadful feeling of worry because of hair loss, I've felt the sting of it and wish it upon no one ever.

Hopefully so eh. Thanks for the kind words as always Agustin :)

From what you've written it sounds like you have more free testosterone now which didn't get converted to DHT. I've read that it happens to some users, their libido increases and they have more energy. Some reported being a bit more aggressive or being easily pissed off. Guess that's what happens when you have more testosterone, if I was you I would just use that energy at the gym. Good to hear you're doing ok man.

Thanks Vincent! Indeed, although I don't seem to be more aggressive. It's funny, I actually was much easier to piss off before starting finasteride (relatively speaking, I'm still a very mellow guy by most people's standards) simply due to anxiety about my Androgenetic Alopecia progression.

That's exactly the plan, it's always nice to have some extra energy to channel ;)

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully so eh. Thanks for the kind words as always Agustin :)

I believe your hair will do great on Finasteride. Who knows, you could become the next nickypoos but with Finasteride, just got to give the treatment plenty of time.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe your hair will do great on Finasteride. Who knows, you could become the next nickypoos but with Finasteride, just got to give the treatment plenty of time.

That would be just peachy. His story is remarkable and one of the reasons I'm convinced to switch to dutasteride after anywhere from 2 months to 1 year, depending on my results. I'm in no rush though.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess it's due to a combination of hysteria and the nocebo effect.

Absolutely. It's bloody extreme though, I've gotten more obvious side effects from OTC antihistamines and topical ophthalmic drops. Finasteride really is on the safer end of the spectrum when it comes to prescription medications.

Hell, if things stay the way they are now, I can't imagine not taking a 5ARI. The extra energy in the gym is insane!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Captain Hook, :)

You're nearly into one month of taking Finasteride. How well has the drug been going for you? Any positive changes of your hair so far?