The Curious Case Of Jude Law's Hair Loss

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's all about the good head shape and forehead slope. Nice balance. You know who I always thought also had a good head for it? At least when he was young and slim...

billy-corgan-278910-1-402.jpg

Looks handsome (IMO) and not even sickly here with a complete shave and zero muscle mass to compensate by running bald tough guy game.

Obviously he's no beauty queen like Jude Law, but I still think he wears it well.

Most guys don't have nearly as well balanced skulls as either of these two guys.

With no hair, my skull would look like:

brainpinky.jpg

blackg

Reaction score
I never saw the appeal of Jude Law to be honest. Then again, I'm not female.

I've always thought that Jude Law looked like a slightly better version of a young Phil Collins;
MV5BMjY2NjU2Nzg5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDUwMjg2._V1_UY317_CR48,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

This comment has nothing to do with the respective hairlines of these two men.
They both just have that unremarkable, English private school boy look.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've always thought that Jude Law looked like a slightly better version of a young Phil Collins;
View attachment 86229

They have similarities but Jude Law is much better looking.

Compared at similar ages:

0724_jude_phil-1.jpg

Same hairline but Jude has a better jawline, is slimmer, and dresses better.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 86229

Phil has the prettiest daughter in the world though!

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
she's good looking but she's a balding genes trap. Good for f*****g and that's all.
When I will spread lil Guzams I will make sure she's close to 100% fullhead genes to give them a small chance at life.
That‘s very rational and smart of you!;)
I myself can‘t help feeling attracted to Lily, even though there are sexier women. But she is the prettiest, I want to hold hands and take a walk with her.:p

blackg

Reaction score
she's good looking but she's a balding genes trap. Good for f*****g and that's all.
When I will spread lil Guzams I will make sure she's close to 100% fullhead genes to give them a small chance at life.
Hahaha. ... Dude! I never thought of that.
She's a future "trap."

Classic commentary, brother.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember years ago he said in an interview he would pluck out stray hairs around the temples.

If you look at his hairline he never appears to have any thinning at the front - only a solid/dense receded hairline.

you know maybe Jude Law actually likes the NW3 look, perhaps he got on finasteride when he hit NW3 and refuses to get a hair transplant as he likes the look NW3 gives him - it is a distinctive look after all ? especially if he is plucking stray hairs to make it more obvious - after all the hair styles he picks tend to show off his hairline whereas someone like me would be growing hair to try and hide it

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly, when watching the Sherlock Holmes movies, it struck me how both I as well as I'm sure many people view Robert Downey's Holmes as more attractive than Jude Law's Watson despite the fact that Law > Downey in terms of facial aesthetics. And that in my opinion is ENTIRELY due to hair. Pic for reference:

haracter%20posters%20of%20Robert%20Downey%20Jr%20as%20Sherlock%20and%20Jude%20Law%20and%20Watson.jpg

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interestingly, when watching the Sherlock Holmes movies, it struck me how both I as well as I'm sure many people view Robert Downey's Holmes as more attractive than Jude Law's Watson despite the fact that Law > Downey in terms of facial aesthetics. And that in my opinion is ENTIRELY due to hair. Pic for reference:

View attachment 86450
They did that on purpose because Dr Watson is always the side kick so he cant out shine Holmes.

I would say both Law and Downey are 8s.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They did that on purpose because Dr Watson is always the side kick so he cant out shine Holmes.

I would say both Law and Downey are 8s.
At least. I'd take Jude Law's looks over almost anyone's, although he's not particularly tall and despite his hair status. But he just impersonates smart handsomeness. I wouldn't care there are others who meet even more people's tastes.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Things that help him massively with pulling it off: Small forhead. Fully intact temple points. (Would be crazy of you to remove them as you've talked about (@sunchyme1 )

Still, many here saying he dosen't lose much, BUT he clearly cannot get the roles he once could.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate im been flicking through leg lengthening forums just out of curiosity

i always thought this was f*****g insane, but there seems to be a bunch of well knows docs with consistent results (no complications). kinda like here i guess with all the top docs we know

would you ever go for it? i know you said your height has always bugged you. and now with your hairline sorted now your ok looking. surely the height bump would really push up the ratings?

Leg lengthening involves:

- $100-200k investment to do properly (internal femurs with Paley or Guichet)
- 6 months of being off work, unless your work can be done completely via remote access with a laptop
- Risks of nonunion (bone not fusing back together), nerve damage, permanently warped biomechanics

Probably I would do it if not for the 6 month requirement. Guys who do this usually either own their own online businesses (eg. ecommerce sites) or quit their job to do it and then just hope they will get another job after.

It's also easy to see how much benefit LL will give you or not by just buying height enhancing shoes (eg. tallmenshoes.com). When I wear lifts/elevator shoes I get zero more positive attention in a nightclub or bar. Similarly, listing my height at 5'9" or 5'10" doesn't get me higher reply rates online. So to me I know that's not the limiting issue.

Fixing my jaws will be higher yield. And if I can get through it properly I doubt I would care about LL.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Leg lengthening involves:

- $100-200k investment to do properly (internal femurs with Paley or Guichet)
- 6 months of being off work, unless your work can be done completely via remote access with a laptop
- Risks of nonunion (bone not fusing back together), nerve damage, permanently warped biomechanics

Probably I would do it if not for the 6 month requirement. Guys who do this usually either own their own online businesses (eg. ecommerce sites) or quit their job to do it and then just hope they will get another job after.

It's also easy to see how much benefit LL will give you or not by just buying height enhancing shoes (eg. tallmenshoes.com). When I wear lifts/elevator shoes I get zero more positive attention in a nightclub or bar. Similarly, listing my height at 5'9" or 5'10" doesn't get me higher reply rates online. So to me I know that's not the limiting issue.

Fixing my jaws will be higher yield. And if I can get through it properly I doubt I would care about LL.

If attractiveness is a Gaussian, then there's a stage beyond which each additional advantage starts providing more and more yield.

Thus, you might find that the elevator shoes actually give you substantial benefit after you have the law surgery.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dicaprio, pitt, charlie hunnam, travis fimmel
Jude Law could compete head to head with any of those
But he chose to remain a NW3

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
If attractiveness is a Gaussian, then there's a stage beyond which each additional advantage starts providing more and more yield.

Thus, you might find that the elevator shoes actually give you substantial benefit after you have the jaw surgery.

Oh for sure. Most guys on those LL sites who are around my height note that they get a massive boost in their dating prospects with 2-3" added on. It makes perfect sense to expect this based on average male/female heights.

ie. I am 5'7.5". The average woman is 5'4.5". The average woman wears 2" heels when going out, and wants her man to be noticeably taller despite this (ideally probably 2-3" taller). So an average woman likely starts instituting a real "penalty" on men below 5'9"-5'10" or so.

I would surmise that my height would be "unacceptable" to at least 50-60% of women (without something major to compensate). By contrast, at 5'10" after 2.5" LL, at most 25% of women might find my height "unacceptable".

So this height increase would have opened up my prospects in the dating market from half or less of women to 75% of women. ie. I would have 1.5-2x as many dating opportunities.

That kind of multiplication might mean a lot to an average man. But on the other hand, if I am matching <1/100 girls on Tinder due to other factors like my face or race, etc., then a 1.5x or 2x multiplier means almost nothing. The only meaningful boost will come from fixing the more fundamental problems.

I need 3x multipliers or 5x multipliers to get anywhere. LL and elevator shoes are much lower yield.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why the general public worships RDJ. I find him obnoxious and I hate his schtick.