The Cure?

powersam

Reaction score
back to the topic at hand, i think wookie has some great points and i do think diet plays a role in male pattern baldness.

the most simple reason why would be this. we KNOW that a diet high in easily digested carbohydrates and saturated fats will cause insulin spikes and inflammation. we KNOW inflammation plays a part in balding, if only to the degree that it accelerates the process.

if anything bums having hair would serve to enhance his point as for the most part they survive on a diet close to starvation, meaning no insulin spikes and far less inflammation.

the site posted looks like a total scam, but the actual topic is an important one.

Felk

Reaction score
Well there has recently been a published study in Australia showing low GI dieting significantly improving acne due to the diet's controlling effect on hormones.

I think the same would be true for hair loss

G

Felk said:
Well there has recently been a published study in Australia showing low GI dieting significantly improving acne due to the diet's controlling effect on hormones.

I think the same would be true for hair loss

nope. i used to have mild acne and i ate the same crap diet i do now. i grew out of it. acne has nothing to do with diet or not washing. it's genetic, just like male pattern baldness. you inherit it. my dad had no real acne ever and my mom only had a tiny amount as a teen, so that's why i never really got it bad, except on my forehead when i didn't shampoo enough. the greasy hair would rest on the forehead and pimples pop up. now that i buzzed my hair the hairs don't hang down anymore, so bye bye forehead acne, and hello 100% clear skin.

powersam

Reaction score
Jayman - that you grew out of your acne proves nothing about the population at large. as Felk said, a study was done on the effects of a low GI diet to acne and it found that acne was greatly improved by said low GI diet. their sample size in controlled conditions was 50 people. your study consisted of one person under no controlled conditions. this whole, ITS GENETIC thing really over simplifies the problem.

lifestyle factors can increase and decrease the risk of cancers and other illness, and it would make sense that lifestyle factors would also speed up or slow down hair loss.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
lifestyle factors can increase and decrease the risk of cancers and other illness, and it would make sense that lifestyle factors would also speed up or slow down hair loss.

:thumbs_up: :jumpy: :thumbs_up:

Obviously true.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://fog.ccsf.org/~cpogge/disease/Bal ... sease.html

Total baldness is also much less common in the Chinese male population, but studies that compared Chinese and Chinese American subjects revealed a significant difference in expression frequency between the two populations. These studies suggest that environmental/dietary, not genetic, factors influence testosterone production and explain the difference between Caucasian and Chinese men.

docj077

Reaction score
Wookie,

Dietary factors such as cholesterol intake could definitely impact hair loss is susceptible individuals. However, people with high HDL and/or otherwise normal cholesterol levels go bald, as well. Even people who are vegans their entire lives can go through male pattern baldness.

Antioxidant intake could also hinder the development of the male pattern baldness process. I don't think a link has ever truly been discovered within the confines of a government-backed study.