The Cure?

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This person claims to have the cure for baldness:

http://www.healthy1.org/about.htm

Healthy Guy claims to have the healthiest diet and fitness plan in the world, and hence the name Healthy Guy. So what is it that differentiates Healthy Guy's diet and fitness outlook from all others? It is very simple. It is a diet that prevents all of the common diseases known to man. It is free of arthritis, colitis, cancer, strokes, heart attacks, seborrhea, dandruff, and even baldness. Can you imagine a diet that does not allow your hair to thin as you age? Healthy Guy's discovery of the diet connection to genetic male-pattern baldness has as much potential as Bill Gate's Microsoft.

[...]

Convinced that there was a diet connection to genetic male pattern baldness, Healthy Guy set out to find it and did. What he didn't expect was that he would discover the diet connection to allergies in the same study. However, it wasn't until ten years later that he was able to put the whole allergy theory together and understand it completely due to further research. Consequently, his habitual allergies are a thing of the past without ever having to use any medication and consequently, all his hair, that was destined to fall out, still exists to this day. His incredible theories on allergies and hair loss are destined to change contemporary thought and medical opinion as they sweep the nation. With the advent of the internet, it is just a matter of time

:freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like complete crap to me.

Yes, I am defensive, but anything that has any doubt mixed with "this is just the internet" screams bullshit.

Heck, I could make a "health" website and proclaim i've found the cure, and people would run off and tell all of they're internet friends.

As much as it would be cool for me to delude myself, I say: don't waste your time getting your hopes up over this. If there's one thing i've learned recently it's only to trust to rock solid facts. Don't let people lead you astray.

edit: that website looks like somebody with a 101 in HTML and FTP use made it on notepad in about half an hour.

G

good thoughts spec.

it's websites like this that lead people to piss their money, time, and hair away on useless products like Procede, Avacor, stupid laser things, stupid brushes, etc.

Big 3. finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral. dutasteride if you want to ramp it up. Add all the other sh*t you want even unproven crap like this if you have unlimited funds. But be taking a 5ar inhibitor at least like finasteride or dutasteride.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Guy's discovery of the diet connection to genetic male-pattern baldness has as much potential as Bill Gate's Microsoft.

Bill Gate's Microsoft? What a horrible comparisson. Sounds like this guy just tried to think of a metaphor and came up with the most obvious sounding reference ever.

And honestly, this whole quote is retarded in and of itself.

Just say you have a family of six sons. All of the sons eat pretty much the same diet every-single-day in their family. Why does only one of them go bald? MAYBE it's because there no correlation with diet and male pattern baldness. What about guys in prison who have to eat the same thing? Some of them go bald and some of them don't. :roll:

It is true that a pretty horrible diet can make hair thin, sh*t and pretty horrible looking. But there is no proof that the worst diet in the world can cause permanent hair loss.

[edit] Oh and another thing. If some "guy" was on the verge of finding a baldness cure, writing it down on a website would be the single most stupid thing he could do. If he legitemately found a cure, he would go to the FDA or scientists or whoever, and then wait to see if it actually works- rather then risk creating false hope.

So yes. I do believe with every fibre of my being that this website is a crap load of arse, and if I had the time to hack into it I probably would just to spite the loser who created it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Definate crap! If he really has found the cure we'll soon know about it and he'll be rich as Bill Gates. (not gonna happen).

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
If he did actually find the cure he wouldn't be posting a little teaser on his website. He'd be out there negotiating a big time money deal with a company to sell his "cure."

p.s. Let's hope and pray WE ARE ALL WRONG and this man has indeed found the cure.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
wookiewannabe said:
Convinced that there was a diet connection to genetic male pattern baldness

Does anyone else find this statement to be a little paradoxical? DIET connection to GENETIC male pattern baldness? It just seems to me like it should be one or the other.

Wisdom

Reaction score
JayBear said:
wookiewannabe said:

Does anyone else find this statement to be a little paradoxical? DIET connection to GENETIC male pattern baldness? It just seems to me like it should be one or the other.

Quite true.

My hair loss was directly linked with diet-i changed it to a better one and apparently my hairs are now regrowing

bubka

Reaction score
HelpMePlease said:
JayBear said:
wookiewannabe said:

Quite true.

My hair loss was directly linked with diet-i changed it to a better one and apparently my hairs are now regrowing
and you have what to back that up... please

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wookiewannabe said:
http://www.healthy1.org/about.htm

What he didn't expect was that he would discover the diet connection to allergies in the same study. However, it wasn't until ten years later that he was able to put the whole allergy theory together and understand it completely due to further research. Consequently, his habitual allergies are a thing of the past without ever having to use any medication and consequently, all his hair, that was destined to fall out, still exists to this day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_pattern_baldness

While genetic factors play a strong role in the development and progression of androgenetic alopecia, lifestyle also plays a role as demonstrated by the vast increase in male pattern baldness in Japan when the country moved to a higher calorie, higher fat diet and a more sedentary lifestyle.

Baldness as a type of allergic reaction[with genetic predisposition] is an interesting hypothesis. :D :hairy: :D

bubka

Reaction score
so you are relating a food allergy to male pattern baldness...?

and NO, its not an "allergic reaction" the immune response is similar in manor, but not causes by an external antigen such as food... sorry buddy

you seem to have a fascination or belief that anything you read online on the internet is true.. whats next, babies with beards? oh yeah you already posted that :lol:

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_pattern_baldness

Sex hormone binding globulin, which is responsible for binding testosterone and preventing its bioavailability and conversion to DHT, is typically lower in individuals with high DHT. SHBG is downregulated by insulin.

Increased levels of Insulin Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) have been correlated to vertex balding

High insulin levels seem the likely link between metabolic syndrome and baldness. Low levels of SHBG in men and non-pregnant women are also correlated with glucose intolerance and diabetes risk, though this correlation disappears during pregnancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergy

An allergy can refer to several kinds of immune reactions including Type I hypersensitivity in which a person's body is hypersensitised and develops IgE type antibodies to typical proteins. When a person is hypersensitised, these substances are known as allergens. The word allergy derives from the Greek words allos meaning "other" and ergon meaning "work". Type I hypersensitivity is characterised by excessive activation of mast cells and basophils by immunoglobulin E resulting in a systemic inflammatory response that can result in symptoms as benign as a runny nose, to life-threatening anaphylactic shock and death.

bubka

Reaction score
OK, so first it is food allergies... now it is blood sugar... and can all be cured by diet... post me a new one please, maybe one about babies with pubic hair

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
OK, so first it is food allergies... now it is blood sugar... and can all be cured by diet... post me a new one please, maybe one about babies with pubic hair

male pattern baldness is also thought to involve an autoimmune inflammatory component of the hair follicles, and antihistamines act as an anti-inflammatory as they do with with allergy, possibly providing the necessary clue.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
and food and diet does what?

That IS the question. Why did baldness greatly increase in Japan after WWII?

What were the environmental, not genetic, factors?

:? :? :?

bubka

Reaction score
i don't know that statistics behind that, i don't even know where you got this??? The Japanese male pattern baldness sensus??? Who says that Asians (specifically Japanese) don't have male pattern baldness more or less often?

first you stated that diet can cure male pattern baldness, and posted some rediculous website, and tried to back it up with wiki links with only similar words...

now you say that is the question?

if there is higher male pattern baldness in japan, i would related it to higher stress jobs, and 2 atomic bombs dropped on the country, both of which we know cause hairloss and people still have above avg. cancer from it today...

try again...

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
if there is higher male pattern baldness in japan, i would related it to higher stress jobs, and 2 atomic bombs dropped on the country, both of which we know cause hairloss and people still have above avg. cancer from it today...

try again...

It is probably strongly correlated with a high fat - high sugar - high protein diet.

Of course correlation is not causation.