The Chances Of Having Shock Loss From Transplant

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been considering getting a hair transplant and am concerned about the issue of shock loss. I was unaware of this until someone mentioned it here. I am about a 1.5 on the hairloss scale - 2 on my right side and one on my left. I am 37. I have ok hair, although I would like to fix it, so would hate to go through surgery to create a worse situation.

Do people know much about the chances of getting shock loss?

Have people on here experienced it? Have people on here not experienced it? Am curious to hear about the hair transplant experiences of people who have hair loss level of 2 or less and how it went.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been considering getting a hair transplant and am concerned about the issue of shock loss. I was unaware of this until someone mentioned it here. I am about a 1.5 on the hairloss scale - 2 on my right side and one on my left. I am 37. I have ok hair, although I would like to fix it, so would hate to go through surgery to create a worse situation.

Do people know much about the chances of getting shock loss?

Have people on here experienced it? Have people on here not experienced it? Am curious to hear about the hair transplant experiences of people who have hair loss level of 2 or less and how it went.
You lower your chances of shock loss by being on finasteride for a year or two and by going to a top notch surgeon who skillfully won't jeopardize your native hairs. However, even the best surgeons can still have a patient with shock loss. There are no guarantees you won't be one of them.

jeffmarsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think minoxidil is the best alternatives for lowering your hair loss. You have to use this for one year and you definitely getting some results from this problems. I have also facing such kind of problem at the age of 23 and I used that for 1.5 years continuously and really find great results. If you are looking for some other options then i proposed to concern with the best hair surgeon. :D:p