The Capillogain Thread - Hair Loss Treatment?

skyghost

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've started this thread to discuss treatment with Capillogain.

For those that have/are using it what are your thoughts? Positives/negatives.

Lets discuss it here.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my first bottle two days ago from amazon, first impressions:

It looks like muddy water, it has a bit of an "herbal" smell to it but nothing severe. I apply it just like minoxidil but only at night. It dries rather quickly, about 10 minutes which is nice. I've been using about 2ml each application (the bottle says to use 3ml, but im going to start small and work my way up).

- - - Updated - - -

cap1.jpg
cap2.jpg

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. If it is good, I may alternate it with Lipogaine. By the way, do you know how much propylene glycol it has?

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a bottle of Amazon a few weeks ago.

Looks like muddy water, can't smell it once it's on your head and dries quickly. Nothing to report positive or negative.

skyghost

Reaction score
I got a bottle of Amazon a few weeks ago.

Looks like muddy water, can't smell it once it's on your head and dries quickly. Nothing to report positive or negative.

are you storing it in the fridge? should i be storing it in the refridgerator?

jimmy360

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Anyone tried it for at longer than a month, and have any results to share?

Skyghost, what are your initial impressions after about 2 weeks? Itch? Shed? Sides? Results?

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got this email..

Dear Amazon.co.uk customer,

you may have received our Capillogain batch number (Losnr.) 3120005. We increased some of the ingredients in this batch and some
of the ingredients did not dissolve properly. Therefore we offer a free replacement for your order.

Please feel free to contact us at [e-mail address removed]

Kind Regards

:lost:

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got this email..

Dear Amazon.co.uk customer,

you may have received our Capillogain batch number (Losnr.) 3120005. We increased some of the ingredients in this batch and some
of the ingredients did not dissolve properly. Therefore we offer a free replacement for your order.

Please feel free to contact us at [e-mail address removed]

Kind Regards

:lost:

I got that too

Taking up their offer of a free bottle. Seems very odd.

They told me I can continue using the bottle I have as it was only a small quantity of the ingredients which did no dissolve.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I got that too

Taking up their offer of a free bottle. Seems very odd.

They told me I can continue using the bottle I have as it was only a small quantity of the ingredients which did no dissolve.
Yep. Free bottle. Happy days!
Mines a weird looking brown liquid

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes when they addedmore ingredients the vehicle couldnt support it. i store mine in the refring because of the apple poly it contains and because i only apply mine to the hairline. it last forever if u apply to the hairline only.

jimmy360

Reaction score
Been using cap for three days. Initial reactions: it's murky brown, and has a funky herbal smell I don't find bothersome.
The first time using I got a headache that passed and hasn't returned with future applications, but putting it on feels good. It's got a long glass applicator that makes it easier to apply than minoxidil. After the first application, my scalp itch disappeared in about a half hour, and hasn't been a problem since I've been using regularly. Anyone else notice that decrease in itch? It is a little greasy but personally I think it makes my hair look thicker. I'm begun applying twice daily. Updates to follow.

Israelite: I see you're a fan of this stuff but only use it on the hairline. Why not anywhere else? I'm looking to mostly maintain, maybe regrow a little. I hope this works.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been using cap for three days. Initial reactions: it's murky brown, and has a funky herbal smell I don't find bothersome.
The first time using I got a headache that passed and hasn't returned with future applications, but putting it on feels good. It's got a long glass applicator that makes it easier to apply than minoxidil. After the first application, my scalp itch disappeared in about a half hour, and hasn't been a problem since I've been using regularly. Anyone else notice that decrease in itch? It is a little greasy but personally I think it makes my hair look thicker. I'm begun applying twice daily. Updates to follow.

Israelite: I see you're a fan of this stuff but only use it on the hairline. Why not anywhere else? I'm looking to mostly maintain, maybe regrow a little. I hope this works.

i apply oils to the scalp. i only have a minor receding hairline now. i apply like 5 topicals to the hairline day. im a big fan of lipsome vehicles! BIG FAN. i had a custom hairline topical made!

Hammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've stopped using the product for the moment.

The whole issue with the batches being replaced didn't inspire confidence, and when treating male pattern baldness I have always wanted to go with products which will continue to be around in the foreseeable future.

Whilst I had no problem with the product itself, I think I am going to wait until the product becomes more established/I know it'll be around long term before reusing. The last thing I want is to get good results, only for the product to be discontinued.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've stopped using the product for the moment.

The whole issue with the batches being replaced didn't inspire confidence, and when treating male pattern baldness I have always wanted to go with products which will continue to be around in the foreseeable future.

Whilst I had no problem with the product itself, I think I am going to wait until the product becomes more established/I know it'll be around long term before reusing. The last thing I want is to get good results, only for the product to be discontinued.
they added higher percentage and the vehicle couldnt support it! its worth noting people have reported good results with this batch despite being particles/flakes in the solution. my regimen is capillogain, proxiphen, lipgaine, ru, 2 custom topicals, saba, bnp, and cb (maybe). see how this works out for me

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats a ridicilous amount of topicals you must spend the whole day applying those israelite??:shakehead: