The Buzz - What are your thoughts

EpidermisShowing

Reaction score
Personally i like the buzz cut and only stopped buzzing it when i started losing hair. The thing i am worried about is the crown, do people think it looks bad if the crown is shaved but thinner? do you think it matters if the rest is buzzed?

The reason my concern is i am under no illusion about my hair, tbf i'm holding for dear life at the moment!! but eventually i will buzz, but my hairloss is in two places front left temple to little behind the forelock and a the crown, i also have dark hair. I don't want to end up with balck bits here and white bits there.

Does anyone think it matters or got any advice?

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
the buzz is the best thing i ever did. i used toppik for 3 years or so, and when i buzzed it off, i felt so free. i am guessing it would be the same feeling when you dont have to style it or anything anymore

also, it is much easier to apply any topicals. and it hides hairloss. AND it saves u money on haircuts if you buy your own clippers.

EpidermisShowing

Reaction score
Yeah i see your point i am just wondering about how the hair looks when it is shaved, i know people like the Jason Statham look but his hairloss pattern kind of suits him and many recede at the front. I have widows peak what if i get the old island scenario.

Whats you shaved head look like, does it have a pattern? do you think it matters?

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=49546

this is what my head looks like....i am a diffuse thinner, it looks ok buzzed, but my hairline sucks. when i am in a pub, it looks great, but under lights and outside, it looks pretty bad. but it is extremely manageable

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buzz cuts are awesome. - Unless you're slick bald, you can often just forget about hairloss.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Glad I found this; I really want a buzz cut but am scared my hair is TOO thin. Although shorter is better than longer regardless Im sure. Im a diffuse thinner similar to Anthony. (which btw I don't think your hairlines that bad at all) My hairlines decent, although ones side is a little less. But I have extruded ears. But thats not even the main reason to stop me. I think I am just gonna do it. Esp with school breaking for winter this week

EpidermisShowing

Reaction score
I said to myself before i started on Propecia that i would give it a year and if it didn't work (well it doesn't seem to be) then shave it off. I have only got 2 months left.

Anthony i think your hair looks alright, i think when you losing hair you scrutinise yourself quite a lot and other people don't really care. I would be tempted if i was you to go a little shorter on top so it is all one uniform length.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
if you buzz cut, you'll have to keep it that way, because if you leave it growing thinning spots will get visible.

otto

Reaction score
Yo dudes, could I pull off the buzz? This is a "before" photo since I'm still to self conscious to show people my receding hairline... It's not thinning on top though. At least not yet.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
otto said:
Yo dudes, could I pull off the buzz? This is a "before" photo since I'm still to self conscious to show people my receding hairline... It's not thinning on top though. At least not yet.

dont mean to be a dick or anything but if most people on this forum had hair like you,they would not be here...stop being a girl...yer hair is better than 99.9% of the people here

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm like the original poster, medium hair length and afraid to buzz.

Once you buzz it, do you guy still keep up your regimen?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once you buzz it, do you guy still keep up your regimen?

Yea the buzz makes it a lot easier to apply the topicals.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a buzz down to a one or two covers well. Though in my case i thought i didnt mind the buzzed look but when it was like a number 4 i think it made my hair look worse. Thin spots could be spotted under light where as when grown out these didnt appear as easy. So its good when very short but when growing it out again it looks crap for me until i have hair over an inch again.

Im going to stick with hair for now. After shaving(through choice) i realised how much i miss having hair and how i really should enjoy it while i still have it so im growing it out again. I look better with hair. Hope i dont lose it all in the future :(

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys with a Buzz use spironolactone it makes so much sense..

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
people who buzzed down,

did you have small 1-2mm patches of blank areas? If so, how did it look after cutting?
I have a couple that are currently hidden under the medium hair but I'm afraid they will be prominent once I buzz it down.
Doesnt help also that I have black hair.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
bababooey, I think the liberating thing about buzzcuts is that you don't have to hide any more. Your bald spots will be noticeable with a buzz cut, but I'd bet they'd be just as, if not more, noticeable with medium/long hair. With a buzz cut you no longer have to worry about hiding your hair loss. Psychologically I improved massively with short hair.

curiousardor

Reaction score
Just went with a buzz today. What do you think-- keep it, or grow it back out?

This was me a couple of weeks ago:

3133_520444279063_73200091_30922114_78036_n.jpg

And now:

4262_521109865223_73200091_30948937_7372087_n.jpg

Thinning on the front. Been on Propecia and Nizoral about 7 months or so.