"the Boyfriends Of Instagram" Is Quite Funny

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just found out about this hilarious meme, which takes photos of men going all out to capture images of their girlfriends looking awesome. It's a facebook page.

Here are some articles:
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/worklife/campus/news/a49756/facebook-page-boyfriends-of-instagram/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/boyfriends-of-instagram_us_58a50d1ae4b07602ad519a1a

Here some pics of boyfriends supporting their girlfriend's vanity:
15780938_573531369511381_3776131841518478093_n.jpg

men-photoshoot-girlfriends-boyfriends-of-instagram-11-58a4102a286bc__605.jpg

Boyfriends-Of-Instagram-1.jpg

Cosmopolitain has a funny article out saying that it's sexist garbage:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8878532/boyfriends-of-instagram-facebook/

It's funny, it comes off as really butthurt:

gettyimages-452802233-1487193498.jpg

The newest way to publicly shame women who are simply feeling themselves comes in the form of this "Boyfriends of Instagram" Facebook page, which is dedicated to making fun of women who ask their partners to take cute pictures of them.

The Facebook page has more than 22,000 likes, and has been covered by no shortage of online publications. Elite Daily likes that the page showcases "the ridiculous things that boyfriends do" to get an Insta-worthy shot. Mashable took the route of tongue-in-cheek humor about how dumb all the resulting photos of these women are. Even a local Fox News affiliate covered the Facebook page, noting how courageous it is of these boyfriends to "stand in potentially dangerous places and even hold a purse in public" in order to get a perfect photo for their loved ones.

What all the coverage of this Facebook page has yet to point out is how blatantly sexist the premise of it is. Look to the captions on the photos posted to the page. There's this one, which refers to two women posing for a normal-*** beach photo as "chicks" and assumes the guy taking the picture "got laid" for using three seconds of his life to take a picture.

16425938_588173611380490_8328997150436914557_n.jpg

[More at the link].

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Indulging a woman's vanity is always a dicey decision. Like making a bottomless pit even deeper. :D
Dante, vanity requires a huge bank account. If the well runs dry, you might be replaced.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think its 'vanity' necessarily it's an instinct or a desire to be 'sexually objectified' going haywire I think.

Most or many women enjoy to a degree being 'sexually objectified'. The how much/directed to who is what is very widely varied depending on who you speak to..but being desired and wanted is part of a female sense of sexual self in a very base or instinctual way. I'm not sure if that is actual 'vanity'..It's actually maybe the opposite if you think about it..it's about being pleasing looking and desirable to the viewer which in most cases is the male viewer ('male gaze' lol anti-feminists may be triggered).
I think where some men/women get pissed off or resentful is that women are now doing it to themselves the 'objectification' a better word is 'displaying' themselves in a sexual or attractive manner...where in past men were more in charge (going back to pre 80s or 90s time) of this culturally. Now women can do it to themselves (Madonna) and that is where some find the hypocrisy. I think.
Now you have women's boyfriends aiding women in displaying themselves to masses of other men..It can be a 'beats' male doing his females bidding and kind of a cuckhold OR it can be a more dominate male who enjoys other men wanting his woman but can't have her.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything has a cost, there's no free rides.

As my dad always says, "there's no such thing as a free lunch".