The big concealer poll

What concealer is working out the best for you?

• Couvre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nanogen

• Toppik

• Total voters

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Dermmatch for 10 months now. It's been working out quite good. Although, I'm interested in growing my hair, and it seems like "paint" on longer hair.

Therefore I decided to buy Nanogen. However, I guess it's time to find out: What's the best concealer around!

G

I use a combination of dermatch and nanogen. I also use the much touted Garnier Fructis Surf Hair which works very well with the dermatch.

I am only a NW2 but with clever styling and cutting combined with a little dermatch and a few shakes of nanogen makes me look like I have a thick NW1.

I would love to be able to provide a service to balding blokes, cutting their hair and showing them how to style and use concelaers to make the best of their hair, as I really am extremely good at it. But that would mean I would probably have to reveal my little secret to everyone.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
I use a combination of dermatch and nanogen. I also use the much touted Garnier Fructis Surf Hair which works very well with the dermatch.

I am only a NW2 but with clever styling and cutting combined with a little dermatch and a few shakes of nanogen makes me look like I have a thick NW1.

1) How long would you say your hair is (in cm., please).

2) Do you apply Dermmartch before or after Nanogen?

I went to buy some of that Surf-stuff today on your recommendation. I havent tried it yet in conjunction with Derm, but I intend to do so tonight. My hair is probably at length with #5 guard on the razor machine. Is that too short to use Fructis Surf?

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't rate Garnier surf hair at all, I tried it but it seemed to turn my hair into a sticky thin mess. I think my hair might be a little too short to use it. The wet look suits me better so I either use VO5 putty or their wax-gel which looks ok with Couvre and Nanofibres.

Covers up my crown nicely but my temples are still a bit high, when I go clubbing I sh*t myself if any of my pals jokingly rub my hair or the laydee I happen to be playing tonsil tennis with starts rubbing her fingers through it hehe

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Barry_Blue said:
I don't rate Garnier surf hair at all, I tried it but it seemed to turn my hair into a sticky thin mess. I think my hair might be a little too short to use it. The wet look suits me better so I either use VO5 putty or their wax-gel which looks ok with Couvre and Nanofibres.

Think I'm having the same exerience as you: A sticky thin mess. I serously need something that adds some volume. Don't care if it's gel, mouse, spray or wax. Anyone?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Try American Crew Fiber - that sh*t does wonders for me!

How's the rest of your regimen going Buff?

G

Buffboy said:
neiltom88 said:

1) How long would you say your hair is (in cm., please).

2) Do you apply Dermmartch before or after Nanogen?

I went to buy some of that Surf-stuff today on your recommendation. I havent tried it yet in conjunction with Derm, but I intend to do so tonight. My hair is probably at length with #5 guard on the razor machine. Is that too short to use Fructis Surf?

My hair is an average of 4-5cm on top a bit shorter on the sides.

I wet my hair and pat it with a towel. Apply some surf hair all over my hair, about a pea-sized blob rubbed between palms then on hair.

I leave it for a bout 5 minutes to dry of a little then I add my dermatch dry to the temples and comb my hair through.

I then apply a little more surf hair in places if necessary. Then finally I add a couple o' shakes of nanogen to my temple areas and spray a little hairspray on to finish.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
What about Kerasome?

I've read a couple of user reviews that have said it trumps all of the above.

Anyone else got personal experiences with Kerasome?