The Best Toppik Water Test - How To Waterproof Hair Fibers!

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
In this video, I perform the much asked about Toppik Hair Fiber Water Test. I know a lot of you complain about Toppik hair fibers or any hair fibers, really, easily washing out of your hair at the slightest exposure to water. I'm here to show you exactly how EFFECTIVE and AMAZING using an oil pomade with your fibers can be at protecting them from water exposure.

To be sure, there is no way to fully guarantee waterproofing hair fibers. But after 5 years of experimenting with various products, I have found this method to be the most reliable.

As you watch this video, keep in mind that I have extremely thin hair on my crown area, and so there isn't much for the pomade to hold on to. My hair line, on the other hand, shows really well how the effective the pomade can be.

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I used to find small amounts of fibers on my head after one shampoo. But it's much easy to get them all off with a scalp massager like this one
51EbgIgofzL._SX522_.jpg

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have bought the castor oil, but keep the hair fibers stack to the scalp, wouldnt it cause to not breathe the hair follicules or something like that?

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you’re using hair fibers, a portion of them will end up on your scalp regardless of the castor oil pomade. I cannot say they block hair follicle “breathing” though. I honestly don’t know. I can say I’ve been using them for years with no issues. YMMV

-DJ

CrisVargas

My Regimen
Reaction score
In this video, I perform the much asked about Toppik Hair Fiber Water Test. I know a lot of you complain about Toppik hair fibers or any hair fibers, really, easily washing out of your hair at the slightest exposure to water. I'm here to show you exactly how EFFECTIVE and AMAZING using an oil pomade with your fibers can be at protecting them from water exposure.

To be sure, there is no way to fully guarantee waterproofing hair fibers. But after 5 years of experimenting with various products, I have found this method to be the most reliable.

As you watch this video, keep in mind that I have extremely thin hair on my crown area, and so there isn't much for the pomade to hold on to. My hair line, on the other hand, shows really well how the effective the pomade can be.

Nice to see this! I used to apply hair spray and indeed was a joke; I'm trying other fibers to see which one of them works for me. ;)

browser321

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi DJ,

I am a big fan of yours. Started using toppik and applying it the way you stated (using Jamaican oil based pomade) and it seems to be working well. Thank you. Will keep a loot out for your future videos!!

Cheers,