The Best Styling Products (makes Your Hair Look Thicker)

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have diffuse thinning and around a NW3 hairline recession. I have been using these molding creams for a few months now, and thought I'd share. If you are looking for a good styling product, this is like the best molding cream I could find. If you wear your hair down I don't think this stuff would be great, as it is super thick, but if you push your hair back/have short hair it works great. I mostly just use this stuff all over. Makes your hair look much thicker:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GX57BI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

And this one I use just on my hairline to help thicken it up even more (this is my area I am losing hair the worst), and to keep the miniaturized hairs from sticking out all over the place (stuff is insanely thick):
https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Crea..._rd_wg=RGkf7&refRID=GAYZT5HF0HAPDESWW3W2&th=1

They're also like super cheap. Around $10 for a container. Also, I apply it on my hair when damp/nearly dry.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I personally cant do anything with shine, my hair looks thickest when i use clays. Ive been addicted to Hanz De Fuko Claymation recently, only because they discontinued the "AXE messy look" original formula. I find it really helps keep hair in place with no shine, plus i can manipulate my hair mid day. Btw are you diffuse thinning or only dealing with recession?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally cant do anything with shine, my hair looks thickest when i use clays. Ive been addicted to Hanz De Fuko Claymation recently, only because they discontinued the "AXE messy look" original formula. I find it really helps keep hair in place with no shine, plus i can manipulate my hair mid day. Btw are you diffuse thinning or only dealing with recession?
O cool. I'll check those out. And I have both diffuse and recession. The diffuse thinning isn't super noticeable unless under light tho cuz of how much hair I originally had. I used to have like 2x more hair density than the average person. I used to have to get my hair thinned out when I'd get a haircut cuz it would just be way to thick and messy. Also my hair is wavy/curly (less so since starting hair loss/finasteride), so it helps it look a bit thicker than it actually is. The stuff I recommended helps a lot for diffuse thinning especially if your hair is kind of wavy.

g.i joey

Reaction score
O cool. I'll check those out. And I have both diffuse and recession. The diffuse thinning isn't super noticeable unless under light tho cuz of how much hair I originally had. I used to have like 2x more hair density than the average person. I used to have to get my hair thinned out when I'd get a haircut cuz it would just be way to thick and messy. Also my hair is wavy/curly (less so since starting hair loss/finasteride), so it helps it look a bit thicker than it actually is. The stuff I recommended helps a lot for diffuse thinning especially if your hair is kind of wavy.

the feels bro:(, i remember the days where i wanted straight emo hair and my hairdresser used to have to thin it out in order to make it look less like a fro. Now im diffuse af, although like you its only noticeable if im directly under a spotlight. My hair now is not wavy at all anymore and looks straight when i style it.

Will def take the first option into consideration as it is more my style.

I think everyone should share what works best for them, weve never had a really solid styling product thread.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
As a rule you want to stay with matte finish styling products: clay, putties and pastes. Shorter, messier styles, which are great at concealing thinning hair, are usually made more effective by by matte products. Even more so when combined with a concealer. Any shiny product will draw attention to the thinness, so should be avoided.

The product I felt was most effective at the above mentioned approach was L'oreal's txt it 02 hyper fix putty, which is now unfortunately off the market. Apparently people with normal hair didn't like it. It definitely did not wash out easily.

When you put it in, slightly damp hair, it would harden up and leave a dense film on the hair. Combing though, and working with your fingers you could achieve a very effective thickening in appearance.

Sty6_3_pack-shot.jpg

Now i'm left looking for an alternative, but haven't found one yet that works the same way.