The Before And Immediate After Stage Of A Hair Transplant

Statto

My Regimen
Reaction score
What often no one talks about with hair transplants is the actual experience of the whole day. I can only imagine how it can be pretty emotional to get a hair transplant done. It means so much more to people than just getting themselves cosmetically enhanced. Looking at things holistically, it's quite clear that for many people who make this life-changing decision, it can hugely benefit so many aspects of their life: their confidence, their concentration, their social life, their motivation and ultimately their will to live.

What are your feelings first thing on the day of the transplant?

How did you travel there?

Did you shave your head beforehand or did you let the surgeons do it before they carried out your hair transplant.

Was it awkward exiting the building after you had your hair transplant?

The last question in particular is one that bothers me. When you finish your hair transplant surgery, can you wear a hat? Or to avoid messing up your bloodied head, should you avoid putting anything on it?

When you exited the building, did you jump straight in a cab? Or did you do the much more embarrassing thing and walk to the train station, enabling every public member in sight to stare at you intensely.

I'd love to know your experiences, because you never hear these things being talked about, but they are just as significant as the hair transplant itself — at least on the day anyway.

isles3022

Reaction score
Hello
I have had 2 transplants, both at the same place. I am 9 days out from second one.
I had to travel 2.5 hours away to the place. I went up the night before with a friend, had dinner ,couple beers, stayed at hotel. Walked to clinic for my 7 am surgery the next day. Buddy walked with me. About a 3 minute walk.
I didn't shave my head either time. I had FUT method. They didn't mess with my "hair style" either time. This second time it was a lot harder for them because I had more hair than first time so it took longer to find the holes the doctor put in where the implanted hair was going. Had my hair long enough where they got a nice donor area and it was able to disguise my stitches when I finally styled my hair a week later.
Not awkward leaving one bit. They wrapped me up and then put a bandanna on my head and off I went. Went to dinner both times after , looking like sh*t but didn't give two shits.
Wore hat next day and every day after for a week.

shookwun

Reaction score
it f*****g sucks. the entire process is a drag, and emotionally exhausting to say the least.

there is nothing positive about the experience. it takes many months before you look normal, which you will inevitably look worse before you look better,

results are not predictable and you are always left wondering about what you will actually get out of all this. Only realising that when it's all done, you will need another procedure.,

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It is just as unpredictable as your final hair loss pattern. You have to wait a good amount of time to see how you will end up. It obviously will be a good choice or a bad one. If you are a risk taker, then go for it.