The Bald Truth Podcasts - Anyone Else Listen To Them?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
been listening to these podcasts this past week.

do any of you guys?

what do you think of them?

i very rarely visit that forum, and ive heard they have crazy moderation there and how dead it is. they talked about other forums being out of control, with people attacking each other, causing chaos etc....i guess they meant us :D

joe tillman seems like a cool dude, the host seems a bit odd lol. bit creepy. has some mad face twitchiness which honestly freaks me the f*** out lol

whats the story with their forums, are they worth checking out?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
been listening to these podcasts this past week.

do any of you guys?

what do you think of them?

i very rarely visit that forum, and ive heard they have crazy moderation there and how dead it is. they talked about other forums being out of control, with people attacking each other, causing chaos etc....i guess they meant us :D

joe tillman seems like a cool dude, the host seems a bit odd lol. bit creepy. has some mad face twitchiness which honestly freaks me the f*** out lol

whats the story with their forums, are they worth checking out?
I listen to them. Joe is very cool. Spencer has facial tics and he's openly discussed he is very well aware of them. Poor guy but never stopped him from making tons of money.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I listen to them. Joe is very cool. Spencer has facial tics and he's openly discussed he is very well aware of them. Poor guy but never stopped him from making tons of money.

tics! i couldnt find the right word

it really freaks me the f*** out. on a par to that Japanese sh*t you get in scary movies.

is it some kind of nerve damage?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
tics! i couldnt find the right word

it really freaks me the f*** out. on a par to that Japanese sh*t you get in scary movies.

is it some kind of nerve damage?
If he had a history of Bell's Palsy, that would cause that. Doubt he has Tourettes. LOL, I was watching a documentary with this British women who had Tourettes and every other word out of her mouth was Biscuit.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he had a history of Bell's Palsy, that would cause that. Doubt he has Tourettes. LOL, I was watching a documentary with this British women who had Tourettes and every other word out of her mouth was Biscuit.

maybe these tics are what happens when you eat finasteride for two decades

be careful man :D

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
maybe these tics are what happens when you eat finasteride for two decades

be careful man :D
Biscuit, Hair is more important, Biscuit. Too bad, biscuit, you could not tolerate it, biscuit.

blackg

Reaction score
I have heard q few podcasts from The Bald Truth and I have visited their forum.

The forum was a bit too tame for me as I like to be where the action is.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@sunchyme1

Their email doesn't work.

I think that pisses people off, for the most part.

It's an OK forum.

The only thing I don't like about it is you can't edit your post.

However, sometimes I think that helps. There's not as much negativity because of that.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i watch the podcast occasionally. the focus on the show is about hair transplants (they have both had them, written books on them and worked in the industry) but they do cover a lot of other stuff.
the show is grounded in science and is very conservative, so that can bore people or annoy them if they are interested in cutting edge new treatments. the show instead likes to stick with what works and what has been proven, which IMO is the right way to go.

they will discuss stuff like Brotzu when it was still uber hyped, but they came out and said they didn't think it would be any good - the comments section savaged them calling them hacks because Brotzu was a 100% cure guaranteed - but then Brotzu came out with that lame press release and all the youtube armchair attackers suddenly went very quiet.

for instance their advice basically is finasteride + Min + nizoral aka the big 3. he doesn't believe in laser therapy (nor do I) or any other treatment without solid proof. if you can't tolerate finasteride then shaving the dome is best.
he has been on finasteride for years and has seen that in the past, nobody suffered from finasteride sides when he would recommend it, but since the hyped stories came out on the Internet suddenly everybody has them. you can tell when these wackos phone up with "I took 1 tablet and my penis bent to the left" he is polite to them but you can tell he is thinking they are lunatics.