The Arrival Of A New French Lace Unit In Stock Size Has Changed Everything For Me.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every piece, save for my all-poly, has been cut by someone else prior to my wearing it.

That's to say my first piece, appropriated & installed at a salon, was cut to a certain specification with NO additional lace hanging off of the edge of the hair line. And when I ordered from Lord, I'd opt for the factory to cut my pieces' bases to that specification. They'd arrive w hair at the very edge of the hairline, with no excess lace to be cut.

The problem with that is, I was never able to apply my tape to the VERY EDGE OF THE HAIRLINE, as it would doubtless get stuck to the unit's hair.

Now, with excess lace, I can apply right at the hairline - as the excess provides new room for the tape to adhere to.

The effect this has on my wearing has been absolutely game-changing in nature.

The unit FITS & LOOKS _SO MUCH MORE REALISTIC_ than my previous lace pieces.
(I now see the need for no-shine tape; before, my wall of hair would cover any glossiness).

Also, Lord Hair does supply wigs with fairly realistic hairlines. Clearly, if you elect to have the company cut your unit at the factory to certain dimensions, they cut away at the front of the unit, where the knots are smaller, bleached & possibly (?) fewer in number (making for less dense hair).

Lastly, 8x10 fits me much, much more snuggly than 6.5x7.5 - an arbitrary number selected by the woman who did my first piece: both b**ch & idiot.

I say arbitrary, because I am not fully bald and shave away at my bio thinning bio hair to wear these pieces.

HairSensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying to picture how this would look more realistic. I would imagine the opposite. Now, I'm very curious! Could you please post some pictures of your hairline? This could be a huge tip for all of us. Thanks

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll post when I attach/cut in

Looks natural, in most part, owing to the stock piece's being untouched - not cut into. The hairline at the front of the unit, which gets away from is you cut the base yourself/have Lord Hair do it for you, gets removed; not a good thing, as the hair there is sparser, single-knotted, etc.

Noah

Reaction score
Exactly right: that factory-made hairline is graduated like a natural hairline. You shouldn't cut into it, or you will lose the naturalness of the graduation. If the piece has to be trimmed, trim off the back, and keep the factory hairline intact.

HairSensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha. It entirely makes sense now. I buy exclusively from LordHair now. My first hair system was a custom system from Northwest Lace which lasted only two months, never again. Best decision I've made regarding systems by going with LordHair. Mine has the poly sides and back, mono center and french lace front. I buy the stock system and yes, the hairline is cut back and my hairline does not have bleached knots and it is thicker as well. I will say that the unbleached knots do last A LOT longer in terms of durability. Also, my hairline loses hair over time anyhow so the excessive density on the front takes care of itself.

I am curious about a new stock system that's been released by LordHair. It's called the "Neo". Any thoughts on this new system?