The Anti-Inflammatory Approach

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One of the best "anti-inflammatories" I used topically was Magnesium Oil. The 1st day I put it on my scalp while I was in the shower and OMG - it burned so badly that I almost cried. I kept it on for 5 minutes and washed it off. I continued to do this for an entire week...And by the end of that week, the Mag oil quit burning when I applied it and my scalp pretty much never itched anymore.

The rest of my regimen is, Nattokinase, Serraptase, Bromelain, Vitamin D, Vitamin K & Fish Oil.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
on a side not
prednisolone is the strongest antinflammatory drug available
side effects can be hair growth on face
or hair loss

go figure

Hoppi

Reaction score
arison said:
on a side not
or hair loss

go figure

yes. Clearly proof that systemic inflammation is GOOD for the body! =D

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
arison said:
on a side not
or hair loss

go figure

That girl in your avatar is incredibly tempting! yummy!

Hoppi

Reaction score
squeegee said:
arison said:
on a side not
or hair loss

go figure

That girl in your avatar is incredibly tempting! yummy!

hahahaha xD

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
arison said:
on a side not
or hair loss

go figure

I think this more has to do with the fact that people would be taking prednisolone for systemic inflammation and would eventually notice hair loss if the scalp inflammation wasn't being taken care of enough by the drug. Prednisolone is a corticosteroid meaning it's an artificial version of cortisol. Topical corticosteroids are actually the most common treatment for Alopecia Areata as the reduce the inflammation at the source and reduce the chronic damage associated with it.

Hell all I have to do after getting exposed to my trigger is water down some hydrocortisone and rub it through my head for the next 3 days or so to avoid another flare up of inflammation.

Preston

Reaction score
Guys , if I said I have some doubts my condition is male pattern baldness , because if have diffuse hair loss all over the head ( even on the back and on the sides ) and severe inflammation , is there a chance I might be right ?

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Preston said:
Guys , if I said I have some doubts my condition is male pattern baldness , because if have diffuse hair loss all over the head ( even on the back and on the sides ) and severe inflammation , is there a chance I might be right ?

Assuming you're male, back and sides hair loss definitely suggests that you would want to look beyond just the androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) options. The information contained in the main portion of this website that describes alopecia areata (AA) is pretty bad considering it only describes two of the types of AA. Another common form of AA that is not described in The Alopecia's section of this site is diffuse alopecia areata. Instead of the focal hair loss seen in basic AA where you get patches of hair loss, more chronic slow acting forms of AA like diffuse AA will cause an overall thinning of hair everywhere on your scalp. Where this gets confusing for a lot of men is that it also causes temple recession which for most men leads them straight to the whole "holy crap I've got male pattern baldness" thing.

Basically in order to rule out AA you'd need a completely clean bill of health from your physician which is surprisingly difficult to even get all of the necessary tests ordered for in the first place. Another good place to look would be family history, not just for hairloss, but for other medical conditions especially those related at all to the thyroid, heart, liver or basic immune system.

Edit: additionally you can just look at your nails, while it won't be able to provide you with a negative diagnosis, it can lend support to a positive diagnosis if you experience fingernail abnormalities such as pitting or longitudinal ridges (from tip to nail bed) as these are commonly seen in patients with AA.

Hoppi

Reaction score
*steps back and lets Brains take this one for a while - the man is a pro lol :) *

But yeah you should look into other things Preston :)

Blood tests and stuff are a good starting point, and a chat with a good doctor!

Preston

Reaction score
Wow thanks .
I am indeed a male and with also some receeding temples .
I went to see some doctors and what strikes me is there incompetence .
2 dermatologists I saw looked at my hair for 10 to 20 seconds and told me I've got Androgenetic Alopecia , no trichogram , no interest in what I'm saying a part from the fact I'm loosing hair .
From what I read now on the internet , I'm shocked that no one proposed a miniaturization mapping or discussed the possibility that's it's something else than Androgenetic Alopecia when I explained the symptoms I have .
My father has problems with cholesterol and I've got slight problems with tryglycerides . I also have a problem with a type of aliment , I still can't determine wich one yet , and I'm pretty sure it's something else than lactose wich I became more and more intolerant to .
I'm gonna look further into all this

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting a medical degree doesn't magically remove someone from the "most likely just another complete idiot" pool. They are after all, just people. Once you realize exactly how inept most doctors really are it's quite disappointing and the only real option most times seems to be to take matters into your own hands. Don't ever go in to see a doctor without knowing exactly which tests you are going to tell them to run, otherwise they'll just do whatever they can to get you out of the door fast enough after performing a walletectomy.

Preston

Reaction score
Yep , I'll be prepared next time I go see one .
I guess it's much easier to say : well you've got got genetic balding , just take propecia and put some minoxidil on your head .

maup

Reaction score
Hey preston i am in the exact same situation as you. I have diffuse thinning all over my scalp. Especially on the sides, the right side is worse than the left. Also my hairline is not symetrical, left i have a NW1 and right NW2.
I also went to a dermatologist because i suspected i have diffuse alopecia areata after seeing a picture of it online. But this guy was an arrogant a-hole who didn't take me serious.
He looked at my hair for 2 seconds, sitting 5 feet away from me behind his desk and said i have Androgenetic Alopecia.
After asking him some questions i realized that i knew more about hairloss than him and within 1 minute i was back outside again. So i'm still not sure what i have.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
I did not see a COX-2 inhibitor mentioned ie grape seed extract and methylated folic acid. They two are the best COX-2 inhibitors , makes a big difference.