That Ego-destroying Moment When Even Your Mother Mocks You

blackg

Reaction score
He would not survive 1 week in post-smartphone ages. In his day and age, you just shaved off and met a nice church girl. Now, the nice church girl is sleeping trough Tinder Norwood 1 Chads.
Do you seriously believe this simplistic summation?

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He would not survive 1 week in post-smartphone ages. In his day and age, you just shaved off and met a nice church girl. Now, the nice church girl is sleeping trough Tinder Norwood 1 Chads.
He balded late in life whereas his son was nw7 at 25. I inherited the same pattern as my uncle whom inherited severe premature baldness from his maternal uncles. So, my grandpa probably doesn't know how premature baldness feels.

Androgen receptor on the X chromosome is the primary suspect for early onset pattern baldness.

Last edited:

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its worse when your father mocks you in front your entire family at age 19. That fucked me up real good. And I was only slightly receding back then.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mum just said, well your just going bald in a sort of "deal with it" sorta way...i have nowhere the looks or defined features facially to pull off a bald head, hell i don't even like my hair cut relatively short as i don't like the way it frames my face. It sucks but all i can do is keep popping my finasteride every morning and hope a miracle happens.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:( I think I need to adopt some of you guys! I can't imagine why your father would do such a thing.

Tnx Joan, thats sweet of you.
Yeah, we had this family reunion and I was like in this "rock-metal phase" with shoulder lenght hair. My aunt asked me why I don't cut my hair and my father replied in angry way: "he is bald and he's hiding!" You can imagine the moment of silence..could literally hear crickets. My heart sunk. Don't want to sound like cry-baby but that moment scarred me. And my hair wasn't even bad..

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father is a very bitter man. He has nothing nice to say about me, even when other relatives are braging about their useless offsprings. When I got my degree in electrical engineering (summa c*m laude) he couldn't even look me in the eyes and shake my hand. When I got home from my thesis defense he said "it couldn't have been that hard if you got c*m laude" Thats the kind of person my father is. Sad.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father is a very bitter man. He has nothing nice to say about me, even when other relatives are braging about their useless offsprings. When I got my degree in electrical engineering (summa c*m laude) he couldn't even look me in the eyes and shake my hand. When I got home from my thesis defense he said "it couldn't have been that hard if you got c*m laude" Thats the kind of person my father is. Sad.
It's obvious he's jealous of his own son. He must wish his life could've turned out like yours. Who knows. I always wish my sons great success, good health of body and mind and lives they enjoy living. And I know you'd rather hear this from your parents, but I'm proud of your accomplishments. All the best to you always. I know that engineering degree did not come easy--my older son is a computer engineer.

Edit: How on earth could I forget that I also wish my sons' hair outlives them!

Last edited:

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obvious he's jealous of his own son. He must wish his life could've turned out like yours. Who knows. I always wish my sons great success, good health of body and mind and lives they enjoy living. And I know you'd rather hear this from your parents, but I'm proud of your accomplishments. All the best to you always. I know that engineering degree did not come easy--my older son is a computer engineer.

Edit: How on earth could I forget that I also wish my sons' hair outlives them!

You're absolutely right. I thought about this alot, jealousy is the only logical explanation. So selfish, egocentric..
Two months later, my sister graduated. He hugged her right there, in the middle of the street, for like a minute.
Basically i'm fucked. I don't recognise my own achievements. I'll never reach my potential. My sense of self worth is low. It is affecting me in every way.
I really do appreciate your kind words Joan. You're a good mother.

Last edited:

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I thought about this alot, jealousy is the only logical explanation. So selfish, egocentric..
Two months later, my sister graduated. He hugged her right there, in the middle of the street, for like a minute.
Basically i'm fucked. I don't recognise my own achievements. I'll never reach my potential. My sense of self worth is low. It is affecting me in every way.
I really do appreciate your kind words Joan. You're a good mother.
I think he's proud of you but his envy runs deeper. As hard as it must be for you, try to see yourself though the eyes of others who do recognize your achievements and value having you in their lives and love you. Hopefully, your mom and sister are two of those people. Time and life events may change your father, and maybe someday he'll want to make things right. You'll never reach your potential if you stop trying, and you don't need praise from your father to do so. Way, way, way back (in the Stone Age of the early '80s), I joined a gym and started weightlifting. Loved it! My mother had nothing good to say: "You'll never stick with it," "you walk like a guy" (huh?!!?), etc. At 55, I'm still lifting in my basement, still a bit muscular (and saggy :() and still loving it.

And thank you, but I need to work harder on a few things for the sake of my kids. It's not always easy living with me. I will get there somehow.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
At least she is honest... My mom denied it at first and then when it got noticeable, she said it doesn't matter for a man to Lose his hair..

Yes, exactly. My mom did the same annoying thing.. She even went one step forward and said i'm not really losing hair. lol

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude its either getting red pilled by your mom , or brutally insulted and black pilled by a random a**h**

TRUST ME YOU WANT THE FORMER. so you can take the necessary steps to prevent the latter. whether its buzzing your head or a transplant or medication

my f*****g blue pilled mom kept me from doing what i needed to. i would have preferred a red pilled mom

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mothers are supposed to be warm and loving, if they can’t be that they’re pretty much useless. Constructive criticism is acceptable, but teasing is unforgivable.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
this mother is shallow and superficial

you should find another one