Thanks HairLossTalk.com! My Results after Three Months! -UPDATE 4/21/09

Obsidian

Reaction score
Your hair looks so much better at month 5, I can't wait to see a year's result. Sorry about the constipation sides. You can do what I do whenever I feel like I haven't taken a dump in a while. Oatmeal with milk, a rip banana, and a big cup of black coffee. If that doesn't work then it is some serious stuff.

Have you tried CostCo or any of those stores that sell huge bulk products for low prices? I have read CostCo's price for Propecia is dirt cheap compared to places like Wal-Greens/CVS.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not constipated anymore though. I've been fine since I went to back down to .75 mg. I also stopped taking laxatives and drank a s-load of water that week as recommended. Then I took a blood test because someone here said it could be a thyriod problem or even a liver failure!! Yikes! But my blood turned out to be fine. I just want to be able to take 1 mg for sheer convenience. I want to be able to take fifths of Proscar without having to worry about making the dose close to .75 mg. Somehow I don't think .75 mg is much different then 1 mg and my body shoudl be able to take it.

I'll figure something out. Maybe $82 a month is worth it.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
According to the stats, anything over 0.3mg is wasted, so why don't you save yourself the money and keep your Proscar intake down?

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
eth0 said:
According to the stats, anything over 0.3mg is wasted, so why don't you save yourself the money and keep your Proscar intake down?

Yeah I heard that there was some sort of study of DHT blocking and actual finasteride intake or whatever. It's a reason why I started off taking a low dose and moved my way up. I just don't know how accurate the study is, so I rather take .75 off my pill. Also, I am taking Propecia, not Proscar, so the only problem is that I'm spending a lot of money on stupid Propecia whereas Proscar is the same thing but just 5 mg of it and cheaper. It would be impossible to cut Proscar into .75, so I was hoping I would be able to handle 1 mg so I can cut Proscar in 5ths. Most people take 1.25 mg when using Proscar (proscar in 4ths). Meh..

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
dude your hair "crown, temples and hairline"
have very much improved

you must be ecstatic

i bet the hair just above your temples will go terminal

dude i cant wait to see what happens in a year

cheers mate

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
progress looks great man. I had to stop and wonder if you had a piece on in that last pic :jump: :jump: it´s tempting to start off with the .25 or .5 dose of finasteride seeing this..

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
A little update: I haven't taken pics yet, but I think I have seen my hair get a little better since the last update. I'm most surprised at my hairline, which continues to come in :hump: .

Relatively no sides still. I did have problems with the Rogaine foam. When I apply Rogaine foam I like to really rub it in, and I mean REALLY rub it in. As a result, the top of my fingers have been getting burnt and have been chapping, flaking, etc.. I went to the doctors and they prescribed me a cream and started using gloves when I apply it. My fingers have since returned to normal. I wonder, has anyone else had this problem? I would think this would happen a lot.

I also had a month or two of very chap lips. I think this might have also been because of minoxidil or maybe because of Nizoral. Usually I apply nizoral right before I shave then I rinse it, so maybe the nizoral that was on my hands got on my face when I was rinsing it? Or maybe I touched my face after applying Rogaine? W/e, it has gotten better.

Reaction score
Inspiring results! Please post a new picture soon so we can see your continued progress. I am due to start Finscar (1.25 or if I can help it 1 or lower) soon - just waiting for the blasted things to arrive.