Terminal hair growth on non-prior haired areas / Diclofenac 3%

lacaz

Reaction score
Wow thanks Opti that's perfect :)

@KJ1982 Of course but for long I take nothing for my hair so it can only help even in little proportion. I will try this along a natural stat3 inhibitor also

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
if your looking at minoxidil you probably want to look at this study too :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3686323/

mitomodal treatment microemulsion was minoxidil+tea tree oil+dicloflenac

A current factor in common baldness is imflammation, so a treatment for it is advised....

- - - Updated - - -

Wow thanks Opti that's perfect :)

@KJ1982 Of course but for long I take nothing for my hair so it can only help even in little proportion. I will try this along a natural stat3 inhibitor also

perhaps capsaicin from chili, curcumin or ...? The first could be very "strong" and the secon stain the skin.....

- - - Updated - - -

And yet PGs are essential to hair growth which is why we don't slather our balding scalps in aspirin topicals

Maybe the diclofenac quelled the inflammation resulting from the actinic keratosis that was preventing some (diffuse) hair to grow on the balding scalp? It's not like the photos show massive hair regrowth.

Clearly it is a no very good cosmetic regrowth, ....., impossible for people thinking in NW5 to NW1

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys are you serious, did you even read my post? I already told you, that dozen people in the German forum used Voltaren gel and Voltaren spray for month and it did not help against hairloss.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys are you serious, did you even read my post? I already told you, that dozen people in the German forum used Voltaren gel and Voltaren spray for month and it did not help against hairloss.

Possible sunburn on top of the scalp plus the medication, same as the other examples we have seen in the past.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

KJ1982

Reaction score

What was the concentration they used and how frequently did they use it?

I agree that this seems too good to be true but one month isn't overly long, is it...?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never said they used it one month i sayed they used it for months. They tested the gel and the voltaren spray. The spray has 3% diclofenac I think.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK then why is this old plonker in the photos re-growing his hair?? lol

KJ1982

Reaction score
Dozen of people in the german forum tested it for month 2 years ago. It wasn't the big deal.

This is what you originally wrote but I took it to mean that it had been tested for a month rather than for months. My apologies. :)

lacaz

Reaction score
FCKW36 the study linked by Opti, and the grandpas's one, and the drug mechanism show that it 'can' be benificial. But yeah it can do nothing, or slow a little bit the hairloss process, or save a few miniaturized,etc I think it depends on individuals like any drug, and in which proportion perifollicular inflammation is involved in your global hairloss process rapidity

And I saw on another forum a guy saying that the drug only last 3hours in the skin, I need to search an official source about that but if it's true, and that its only 3hours (with decreasing effects) then it's not surprising that the german guys didn't felt any differences. We should have in ideal world a 24h/24 protection against this inflammatory process
So 3/4 applications /day could maybe be worth a try, but i'll learn more before about dosage and side effects lol In my mind I would try 4 applications the first 3 month, then 2/3 applications the next 3, then 1/2, etc to have a 9 months comparaison

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The results seem pretty crappy even for his age, so I'm gonna sit this one out.

lacaz

Reaction score
perhaps capsaicin from chili, curcumin or ...? The first could be very "strong" and the secon stain the skin.....

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Armando, do you have knowledge on average dosage about capsaicin? do you know how strong would be a 1, 5 or 10% capsaicin solution compared to the topical tofacinitib used on the studies

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
1465425868409-919576845.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't let me miss lead anyone but this is just something I had. Not a clue if it's remotely what might be used

Attachments

• 20160608_184253.jpg
    20160608_184253.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 739

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
xD guys... I am just wondering how long we will wait to see annoucement that super glue contain some ingredients which may reduce scalp dht and improve results LOL. Voltaren gel for the win today. Obviously it made my day!

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay, I read again the 3 user threads about voltaren in the german forum (1000s of posts) and a good amount of people had success with diclo, especially when they used it together with minoxidil. So my posts in this thread weren't right. :)

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
xD guys... I am just wondering how long we will wait to see annoucement that super glue contain some ingredients which may reduce scalp dht and improve results LOL. Voltaren gel for the win today. Obviously it made my day!

Super glue doesnt work. Dont ask me how i know... ;)

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I read again the 3 user threads about voltaren in the german forum (1000s of posts) and a good amount of people had success with diclo, especially when they used it together with minoxidil. So my posts in this thread weren't right. :)
So I should put voltaren on my head? lol

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I should put voltaren on my head? lol

If you use it with minoxidil: yes. There is a study out there which compares minoxidil only with minoxidil + voltaren + tee tree oil (tee tree oil is bullshit) and the group where the people used minoxidil + voltaren had 4 times better results.