Ten Year Finasteride Study..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Don't talk ridicuous ! If minoxidil wasn't available to all these manufacturers of hair growth products none of them would work. This definitely includes Proxiphen. You are kidding your self to believe that without minoxidil this product would be effective :jackit:

If you haven't even bothered to read what I've written in the past on this issue, you're completely clueless! I've explained in plain English that I think that the FORM of minoxidil in Proxiphen is what stops it from being effective. Rogaine and other similar versions of topical minoxidil have it DISSOLVED into standard liquid vehicles like alcohol and propylene glycol; Proxiphen, on the other hand, has it in the form of a crystallized suspension in a cream, which, I believe, prevents it from having any significant activity on hairgrowth.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:
Don't talk ridicuous ! If minoxidil wasn't available to all these manufacturers of hair growth products none of them would work. This definitely includes Proxiphen. You are kidding your self to believe that without minoxidil this product would be effective :jackit:

If you haven't even bothered to read what I've written in the past on this issue, you're completely clueless! I've explained in plain English that I think that the FORM of minoxidil in Proxiphen is what stops it from being effective. Rogaine and other similar versions of topical minoxidil have it DISSOLVED into standard liquid vehicles like alcohol and propylene glycol; Proxiphen, on the other hand, has it in the form of a crystallized suspension in a cream, which, I believe, prevents it from having any significant activity on hairgrowth.

Your talking more nonsense ! The solidity of topical creams reduces in contact with the skin through thermal conduction of latent body heat. This process will assist the product to be absorbed and that includes the minoxidil.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Your talking more nonsense ! The solidity of topical creams reduces in contact with the skin through thermal conduction of latent body heat. This process will assist the product to be absorbed and that includes the minoxidil.

Are you willing to bet your MONEY that crystallized minoxidil in a cream will work just as effectively as dissolved minoxidil in an alcohol + propylene glycol carrier?? :laugh:

In any event, Dr. Proctor was honest enough to admit that a version of Proxiphen WITHOUT minoxidil was just as effective as normal Proxiphen WITH minoxidil. I think that says a lot! :)

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:

Are you willing to bet your MONEY that crystallized minoxidil in a cream will work just as effectively as dissolved minoxidil in an alcohol + propylene glycol carrier?? :laugh:

In any event, Dr. Proctor was honest enough to admit that a version of Proxiphen WITHOUT minoxidil was just as effective as normal Proxiphen WITH minoxidil. I think that says a lot! :)

The second paragraph about Dr Proctor making an admission about the efficacy of the minoxidil within the product, is another ridiculous statement. Because it implies incompetence on Dr Proctors side for continuing to add a substance minoxidil to a cream that he openly admits won't be absorbed.

Is this to be believed?

I personally vote that it's you that's incompetent with the nonsense you continue to write, not the Doctor.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen to him guys - he uses big words, has a picture of a book and glasses in his avatar. :shakehead:

...mods....

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
The second paragraph about Dr Proctor making an admission about the efficacy of the minoxidil within the product, is another ridiculous statement. Because it implies incompetence on Dr Proctors side for continuing to add a substance minoxidil to a cream that he openly admits won't be absorbed.

He didn't "admit" that it won't be absorbed, my friend, he discovered and then admitted at a later date (after actual testing) that a version WITHOUT minoxidil seemed to be as effective as the regular version WITH minoxidil. The idea that it isn't absorbed is MY theory, not Dr. Proctor's, and I think it's a very reasonable one. Any person who believes that minoxidil is a key ingredient in Proxiphen is the one who has some explaining to do.

majorsixth said:
I personally vote that it's you that's incompetent with the nonsense you continue to write, not the Doctor.

LOL!! Wow, is THAT the best you can say here? All I write is "nonsense"? :)

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
majorsixth said:

He didn't "admit" that it won't be absorbed, my friend, he discovered and then admitted at a later date (after actual testing) that a version WITHOUT minoxidil seemed to be as effective as the regular version WITH minoxidil. The idea that it isn't absorbed is MY theory, not Dr. Proctor's, and I think it's a very reasonable one. Any person who believes that minoxidil is a key ingredient in Proxiphen is the one who has some explaining to do.

majorsixth said:

LOL!! Wow, is THAT the best you can say here? All I write is "nonsense"? :)

Lets put it this way, what you write about proxiphen as no scientific backing, basically it's just your personal view, a bit like you have admitted that it's your view the minoxidil won't be absorbed! Which i believe is a ridiculous statement.

Why can't you give this proxiphen a rest now and give some serious advice/ help to those that need it?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Why can't you give this proxiphen a rest now and give some serious advice/ help to those that need it?

Would anyone want 'serious advice' from someone who apparently claims that this magical solution (with ingredients withheld) that he keeps plugging is more effective than the only two proven treatments combined?

I wouldn't.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
Lets put it this way, what you write about proxiphen as no scientific backing, basically it's just your personal view, a bit like you have admitted that it's your view the minoxidil won't be absorbed! Which i believe is a ridiculous statement.

What do you consider to be "scientific backing"? Something published in a "study" in a medical journal? I don't have that, but I _do_ have the word and DECADES of experience of the doctor (both an MD and a PhD) who designed it; I also have my own experience with Prox-N, which more than maintained my hair for a full two years, plus the word of many other people who used Proxiphen and related products. Does that not count as "scientific backing" in the way that you demand?

majorsixth said:

I _do_ give it a rest, by giving serious advice/help to those who need it. I help in ways that have nothing to do with Dr. Proctor, IN ADDITION to issues that have to do with him. You'd know that, if you'd bother to read my posts.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would only recommend proxiphen for the hairline. It's a cream and would be very hard to apply throughout the scalp. Proxiphen was my first topical and I could see little hairs along my hairline within 2 weeks of using it. The nano shampoo made my hair very dry.

Jacob

Reaction score
People see little hairs from just looking in the mirror. :woot: The products just have not lived up to the hype..all these years.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bryan

What do you consider to be "scientific backing"? Something published in a "study" in a medical journal? I don't have that

Precisely! You have zero evidence.

but I _do_ have the word and DECADES of experience of the doctor (both an MD and a PhD) who designed it;

This is just anecdotal, meaninless! How many times over the years have you preached to me about anecdotal accounts not being worth the time of day?
Infact most of the time you have demanded medical evidence.

I also have my own experience with Prox-N, which more than maintained my hair for a full two years, plus the word of many other people who used Proxiphen and related products. Does that not count as "scientific backing" in the way that you demand?

Again your own personal experiences are anecdotal. No, you know very well that it certainly doesn't count, just like you have told the countless other posters over the years. Evidence is what's needed, however, you have already stated that you don't have any !

For others to accept you at your word anecdotal would be hypocrisy on your behalf.

Jacob

Reaction score
04/15/2012 03:25 AM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ChemicalBrother

Question: What are the most recent potent remedies (topical or oral) that one can take/use to combat hairloss, with almost zero to none side effects.

Prescription "Proxiphen" might be your best bet for such a choice. It's a powerful topical that's loaded with about a dozen different ingredients. It's not cheap, though.

Notice the question is about "the most recent potent remedies". I just thought that part was funny..given how long Prox has been around. But once again..Bryan never wasting an opportunity to shill the crap.

Jacob

Reaction score
It's amazing what one finds when just taking the time to look. Who knows how many others are out there..and in other forums.

04/10/2012 07:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

I think an obvious suggestion for you would be something that works on male pattern baldness in ways untouched by your current finasteride/min: prescription Proxiphen, or the cheaper, over-the-counter Prox-N.

BritishUser

Reaction score
Well, basically the chemicals that 5AR convert in the brain and CNS are vital for optimum neurological function. Have you ever heard of nootropics (smart drugs)? One thing that 90% of them have in commom is that they increase allopregnanolone, in contrast Finasterde decreases this neurosteroid (as well as GABA receptor function, but that's a whole other story). What does that tell you?

None of the physicians that I work with take finasteride, primarily because they are involved in research and they are much more abreast with the current research than typical family care MD's, the more we are learning about Finasteride the darker the outcome looks for long term users of the drug. unfortuantely, many arm chair scientists (like the ones on this forum) think that they have it all figured out, and often cite the antiquated FDA studies from a decade ago or more...

SSRI meds are known to increase this significantly. A trade off maybe, but useful if this is a problem.