Temporary Smp And Ride It Out Till Next Gen Treatments Arrive?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion the scar pattern would be noticeable due to high harvesting, something would look off.

I doubt so. I saw bunch of guys (in person) who had big hair transplant's (like +-5000grafts). White dots are barely visible and skin does not look bad. because good surgeons/staff use small punches. So If you take a higher percentage of grafts (not 100% hey but way higher than average) and if you make a high density smp to cover it up I guess nobody would notice any difference. I mean 99% of people have no clue on what's going on on our head when we have hairs(they don't care actually) and don't even look closely (except 10/10 women if you have a good looking and clean haircut), they only notice people whith a balding head and put them in baldies category.
So for guys with high norwood and guys who want to avoid a hairpiece. is this realistic? and at the end of the day I think this would always look better than a full smp all over the head. Another good point: if you hit the highest norwood, you still have the option to use smp to fix it while the top of your head is "secured".
This sounds too good, I must have missed something...

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Hmmm so after 7000 grafts they still have hair on their sides and back?

So theoretically speaking, is it possible to have an almost full coverage at the top of your head if you depleted every graft/hair of your sides and back?
"

Can we please discuss this a little more? I've asked my previous hair transplant surgeons about this (unsatisfactory results from both) and most were scared to harvest from the unsafe zones. I'd gladly give up all the hair from my back and sides for max density on top (dense packing).

Is this an option? My hairstyle now is a high and tight, so buzzed/shaved on back and sides with 0 guard then long up top. Unfortunately my density up top is very poor. If this is a good option (assuming the harvest will be uniformed and somewhat clean) then I'd do this in a heartbeat. I can afford it as long as I go overseas for the procedure (turkey/India).

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I obviously fucked up :( His assistant (after he was fired) wrote that he was also reusing surgical tool to save some money. That is unbelievably revolting, and should be enough to revoke his licence, and/or make him face criminal charges. Exposing patients to possible infections like HIV, Hepatitis C and so on. Lot of the patient reviews reported about skin infections. Probably I got one too. I'm afraid the main reason people still go to him is Swoop's miraculous result. It sure influenced me.

no f*****g way

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
no f*****g way

yes, f*****g way, I couldn't believe either..

Most of the stuff got deleted from hairre st or ation net work (surprise!) but I got some of them archived. Maybe later I'll try to dug up where he wrote that.

upload_2017-4-5_10-19-23.png

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic as well but I liked this idea of depleting donor areas :p My hairstyle is these days pretty short hair at safe zones and I really like it. I think in the future I will go almost scalp-level.
What concerns me though is that this hairstyle is popular in 20s-30s men nowadays.Could be very possible that this will change in the future or it will not look very professional in a job for example.
But hey,f*** it, Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders has the same haircut and looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/f0/1a/74f01ae1b176d695e089969068670ef1.gif

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a lot of the 40yr old professionals can pull off this look. If you are in shape and dress well it can work rather well. Add in some gray and you're golden.

There's lots of hair styles you can do with this. The only downside is if you harvest all your donor and the result is poor. Then you're out of luck. This is the only thing holding me back now.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a lot of the 40yr old professionals can pull off this look. If you are in shape and dress well it can work rather well. Add in some gray and you're golden.

There's lots of hair styles you can do with this. The only downside is if you harvest all your donor and the result is poor. Then you're out of luck. This is the only thing holding me back now.

that's why you always choose the best surgeons. and have few consultations before with them... to be sure you are a good candidate for hair transplant. A thing is for sure If I had to make a transplant today because I can't wait for next treatments I would never choose FUT surgery. Simply because I don't want a scar on my head and I want to be ready for cloning whenever it's there, and affordable. So I can pull off any haicut I want. Let me dream ; )

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's why you always choose the best surgeons. and have few consultations before with them... to be sure you are a good candidate for hair transplant. A thing is for sure If I had to make a transplant today because I can't wait for next treatments I would never choose FUT surgery. Simply because I don't want a scar on my head and I want to be ready for cloning whenever it's there, and affordable. So I can pull off any haicut I want. Let me dream ; )
Plus you can SMP the FUE scar dots really well, you can SMP the FUT strip scar but it's still noticeably. And in the future you can placed cloned hair on the FUE dot scars too.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bottom line is, get as much hair as possible with whatever method that we have available now.

Don't sit around with a half-bald head and hope that everything is going to be alright.

If don't have a hair line, huge bald spot or shitty density, hair is the best investment you can make to improve your quality of life.

Agree! money for transplant = well spent money if you do not have time ahead to wait for next treatments. Because this will impact your daily life for many years to come (like all good aesthetic surgeries). the key is :do not hesitate to pay the right amount to have a good result.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Unfortunately I've already done an fut 6months ago, with poor results so far. I plan to smp the scar, Matt Iulo (top smp in US) said he can do 85% coverage on the scar which is good. I don't mind slight scar if my hair style is great.

Are there any Doctors that can perform max harvesting from back and sides? Most dr I've spoken to are too afraid to go beyond safe zone. And most are unfamiliar with hair style we're talking about. Really hope someone here with experience can shed some light to this possible procedure "fix"

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bottom line is, get as much hair as possible with whatever method that we have available now.

Don't sit around with a half-bald head and hope that everything is going to be alright.

If don't have a hair line, huge bald spot or shitty density, hair is the best investment you can make to improve your quality of life.

So true! I've always looked great both in the face and body. Always took pride in my appearance.

When I started going bald at a fast rate 4yrs ago (age 25) I went into a deep depression. My body went from 10/10 to being average. Stopped caring about my career and relationships. Has two transplants with so so results. I really hope this hair cloning cure really is the truth.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Matt Iulio?

Typical permanent SMP result: hair line too straight, too tark, looks like a f*****g condom on some pictures.

Just SMP your scar but never go the full permanent SMP road.

About-Us-1.jpg
Yes I'm only interested in the scar repair. Maybe even slight touch up on my crown.

My transplants gave me decent growth I'm just looking for density at this point.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt Iulio?

Typical permanent SMP result: hair line too straight, too tark, looks like a f*****g condom on some pictures.

Just SMP your scar but never go the full permanent SMP road.

I think he SMP'd himself there, cause that's where his original hairline was. But that's a huge mistake in my opinion. An SMP and a permanently shaved head need to have a considerably receded hairline to be believable.. But I think Matt's scar-work is great.

Men's ink has some pretty good looking results, but I'd need to see one in real life, to be sure.
2qKXA.jpg

2p2zu.jpg

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
One good thing about smp to me is having very short sides (and of course a natural buzzed hairline) really brings out beard growth well. I sometimes think beard growth is just as important as hair.