Temporary Smp And Ride It Out Till Next Gen Treatments Arrive?

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
first of all, pardon me for moving this topic from the general discussion to here. This is the part of the forum that has the most visitors. Still, although it is not a new "treatment" in the conventional sense, but a technology, that is fairly new, and becoming more and more popular.

So I've been thinking about the strategy I've described in the title. Shave my pathetic head, have a temporary scalp micropigmentation and ride it out till Brotzu/Replicel/Histogen/tsuji arrives. I still have good coverage, but thinning all over. My hair could aid the 3D effect. It might not be the worst solution. However I am afraid of the unknown long term health implications of temporary SMP and how it may effect future treatments.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard that temporary SMP could get absorbed and diffused in your skin causing some weird effects? But maybe my memory's tricking me I haven't read much of it anyway. I would dig into it more and make sure there's absolutely no pitfall ahead. If your head shape is decent with an OK hairline you might actually look great.

That being said OP, I recognize you from hair transplant network and as I remember you already had a transplant before? Why SMP?

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
because the ********* transplant (as many of his work) turned out sh*t with poor yield. So now I'm using my native hair to cover up my translplanted hair (as long as Im able to) kinda like a reverse transplant XD

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because the ********* transplant (as many of his work) turned out sh*t with poor yield. So now I'm using my native hair to cover up my translplanted hair (as long as Im able to) kinda like a reverse transplant XD
Sorry to hear that. ********* really has been a shame these days.

Since you already had a transplant, even with low yield, you probably can pull it off well with smp considering the coverage you have there. That makes much more sense now. Good luck!

Xenithrising

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good idea OP, if my situation gets worse I'll be doing the same. Just research your clinics beforehand.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. ********* really has been a shame these days.

!

Whats the deal with *********? He used to be arguably the best in Turkey, Swoops result was amazing. Very sad for all those people who've had their lives screwed up. Anyway I like your game plan OP.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
********* was unscrupulously using techs to do the job while he counts the cashes. A lot of people experienced uneven yields (one side of transplanted hair grows OK while the other with poor yields). Swoop clearly did his homework and specifically asked for ********* himself doing the work.

Teaches you the importance of putting all works of a hair transplant doctor into a timeline and review.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad idea - Nothing will regrow completely what you will lose on the meantime. Those treatments will be very good for maintenance / poor for regrowth.
Sad to say finasteride seems to be the only option. You can buy time easily with minoxidil though.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
********* was unscrupulously using techs to do the job while he counts the cashes. A lot of people experienced uneven yields (one side of transplanted hair grows OK while the other with poor yields). Swoop clearly did his homework and specifically asked for ********* himself doing the work.

Teaches you the importance of putting all works of a hair transplant doctor into a timeline and review.

Yes, I obviously fucked up :( His assistant (after he was fired) wrote that he was also reusing surgical tool to save some money. That is unbelievably revolting, and should be enough to revoke his licence, and/or make him face criminal charges. Exposing patients to possible infections like HIV, Hepatitis C and so on. Lot of the patient reviews reported about skin infections. Probably I got one too. I'm afraid the main reason people still go to him is Swoop's miraculous result. It sure influenced me.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad idea - Nothing will regrow completely what you will lose on the meantime. Those treatments will be very good for maintenance / poor for regrowth.
Sad to say finasteride seems to be the only option. You can buy time easily with minoxidil though.

I don't intend to drop all the treatments, I just want a peace of mind. Right now hairloss consumes too much of my mental energy. But you are right, that if the upcoming treatments do not provide substantial regrowth, I might find myself in a difficult position.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Theoretically yes, but think about what you would look like and the amount of money you would need.

It has been discussed before, but nobody has tried to do this, yet.

I think if they improve harvestation and scar reduction (witha acell+prp+whatever the buzz words are currently) you might be able to overharvest your donor and camouflage it with an smp. But complete 100% harvestation is probably not a good idea.

Although most of us probably would not mind having a hairstlye like this.

61b59cdfd16e9a18363458b761776028.jpg

Imagine how much better would it be if we gradually lost our side hair :XD as hairloss advances your look only gets fresher.

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a forum I follow which has some excellent temp SMP examples. I have seen a couple of people with SMP out but recognised it because in both cases the hairline was too low and looked quite unatural. You don't want attention to be draw to your hairline at ALL. it needs to be faded and naturally recede.

Really dont think it would compromise future treatments either but transplants definitely could

resu

Reaction score
If Androgenetic Alopecia meant losing the hairs on the side and back people would even imitate the look. As it is only the Japanese imitated the look of traditional Androgenetic Alopecia.

98908b91samurai-37.jpg

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
If Androgenetic Alopecia meant losing the hairs on the side and back people would even imitate the look. As it is only the Japanese imitated the look of traditional Androgenetic Alopecia.

98908b91samurai-37.jpg

Who in their right mind would voluntarily cut their hair to look like they have Androgenetic Alopecia :D

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
first of all, pardon me for moving this topic from the general discussion to here. This is the part of the forum that has the most visitors. Still, although it is not a new "treatment" in the conventional sense, but a technology, that is fairly new, and becoming more and more popular.

So I've been thinking about the strategy I've described in the title. Shave my pathetic head, have a temporary scalp micropigmentation and ride it out till Brotzu/Replicel/Histogen/tsuji arrives. I still have good coverage, but thinning all over. My hair could aid the 3D effect. It might not be the worst solution. However I am afraid of the unknown long term health implications of temporary SMP and how it may effect future treatments.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.
I tried this strategy that you are contemplating..wasn't the temporary ink that you are talking about though. Had it done in LA. Took 3 sessions due to fading and looked good or so I thought for a while. You will need to get touch ups and anti shine or matte head gel to keep the head shine at bay.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well obviously this is not the section to talk about that but..

Yes you can go full Brad pitt's haircut ( in Fury). but no need to shave that much the donor area. Theorically You can also take maximum of grafts in the safest norwood 7 area (still quite a good number of grafts there). Make a smp there. and adopt a kind of pompadour hairstyle/Undercut Fade. Of course don't count on such density but it could make the job...of course like already stated this remains all hypothesis. Thoughts?

7368696678.jpg
889494998.jpg

resu

Reaction score
In my opinion the scar pattern would be noticeable due to high harvesting, something would look off.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can also SMP the area that is being transplanted too...if you're going for buzzed sides of the head the lower density won't be that noticable if you also SMP the center area of the head..

Anyway seems like a money issue to me. You can also transplant some body and beard hair and you can use concealer.

Those Hitler Jugend haircuts don't look that bad either way.