Templemonk's Story - (25 / what Norwood am I? please tell me!!)

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyeone. i'v been reading this forum for quite long. i'v been on big 3 since august of 2006. im 25/asian w/ very straight hair.
i thought it was maintaining my hair pretty well until recently.. my hairline looks awful it's not funny. i try to comb forward but it looks so ridiculous now.. my hairline looks like sh*t and i even think my crown is thinning now. here are some photos.. can you guys tell me what Norwood i am?
do you think my crown area is losing hair?
thanks for your inputs.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 268

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Templemonk's story PICSSSS!!! what Norwood am I? please tell me!!

Norwood 0 if it exists....

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score

maybe this picture doesnt show well cuz it's too bright.i should take another pic and post. i know there are many people in this forum with more serious situation but i'm a strong candidate to be bald. my father and gradnfather are both bald (no hairs on top) my hairline is getting destryoed. it's so uneven and thin. i used to spike my hairs but now im see too much skin in the front area when i try to spike up or slick it back. i took bunch of pics when i started treatment. but those files are in the other computer which i dont have access right now. but i'll try to post before/after picture for your comparison. it's been about 2 1/2 years since i started treatment and overall, i think the treatment maintained my hair pretty well. my only regret is that i jumped to rogain too soon. i think i would have a better hairline if i just used finasteride only. the rogain areas have really thin hairs and i can tell i lost density.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Templemonk's story - (what Norwood am I? please tell me!!)

don't be a dick dude. what the f*** is wrong wit you? is it because it seems like i have more hair than you? you just think i'm trippin on nothing?
i'm just a frustrated, miserable guy with receding hairline. the pic may not show the problem effectively but this is a clear, on-going issue. no offense to anyone else in this forum by any mean. i just came here to get some help/opinions.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score

okay. please take a look at this photo. if you think that i have ZERO hairloss after this picture, i'll just apolozise for testing your patience and stfu.
i am definitely losing hair in the front. i was wondering what Norwood i would be.

any inputs will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 218

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

Well its hard to say from those pics but you seem to have no hairloss what-so-ever. I dunno maybe you had a womans hairline when you were abit younger. So now you panicking?? :dunno:

If your that worried get on finasteride, hell there are worse ways to blow a thousand dollers a year on a pill that will be of no benifit too you.
Maybe add rogaine aswell...

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

it doesn't look like your crown is thinning

maybe your hairline is miniaturizing maybe not
its really hard to say at this point

the best suggestion to give is see a derm and get a miniaturization test done on your hair

their is also this test called hair dx the is suppose to tell you if you will experience male pattern baldness

http://www.hairdx.com/Doctors.aspx

if you chose to do nothing now that would be fine
you have a great head of hair

i would however take pictures of your hairline every 6 months to see if it's really going or not

hope this helps mate

cheers

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score

perfect hair gtfo.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

I see a thinning crown and to come here and bith at the guy ist nice.

Your hairline looks better I think so hard to say whats going on there, I think its a bit receided.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
alright. so far, i got various comments from "get a life loser, stop tripping" to NW2. maybe the gap of opinions are based on the observers' hair situation? :(

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score

seaback said:
Get a life
you stupid dumbass

I'll never really understand the anger of some people on here. It's just strange.
As for the lighting, if I pull my hair back like that, it looks fine. If I stand my hair up, it looks bad, and you can see the thinning spots quite clearly.
He could be fine, he could be thinning, but to respond like that is just immature.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
agreed

dude your welcome here at HairLossTalk.com
EVERYONE is welcome here

some people here have worse cases of male pattern baldness than you
and take their anger out on people on here with minimum hair loss

IMO it's easier to maintain the hair that you have than it is to regrow it

basically im saying is get confirmed by a derm for male pattern baldness and if confirmed get on some finasteride product

cheers mate

ps ignore the mean comments

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for your comments everyone.
even the ones that came out with mean, angry reaction, i would like to thank you as well because it tells me that my hairloss isn't as bad as i thought it was.
still, it is clear that i have receding hairline.

so let me wrap this up. my original question.. what Norwood i would be..
from your comments above, it's now easy to classify in Norwood scale, and i think that is due to unclearity of the picture. there's nothing i can do at this point. i'll just be thankful that the treatment has been maintaining my hair pretty well thus far. good luck to everyone on this forum.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
what is your "treatment"

just curious mate

sorry mate i just read in the beginning it was the big three

yeah man you are doing well with it

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
what is your "treatment"

just curious mate

sorry mate i just read in the beginning it was the big three

yeah man you are doing well with it
doing well... yes, i have to say that i'v been doing good with it. but i think the finasteride and other treatments have their limits. no more than certain time period. after couple of years, the effect diminishes and the body builds tolerance against the chemical or something. i'm trying to grow my hairout, going for somewhat long hair look. i'll try to post a pic soon. fuckin depressing

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
isn't EVERYONE'S hairline less dense/shorter for a cm or two in?

if not, then why do we hear about hair transplant's that are packed too tightly at the hairline and look unnatural?

check out this article: http://www.baldingblog.com/2008/06/09/i ... -hairline/

your hairline right after that less dense area is perfectly strong and thick. if you were really thinning in front, it would be going back further than it is. you're a NW2 at the worst.

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
not to mention, I have the same exact slight less-dense area that you have going on, and have had it for a number of years, and it hasn't budged, without any sort of treatment. i visited a derm and he classed me as a NW2. keep an eye on it, and stop worrying

bunchies

Reaction score
you have the perfect hairline , its a hairline that men have at the age of 12 .
and about youre crown , well almost everyone withouth balding issues has that , its normal .

anyway enjoy life and every month just check youre hairline or make a picture of it and then compare it , but i dont think youre gonna be bald ever if u got a hairline like this at age 25 .

btw youre still an NW1 at worst and dont try to look at every hair in detail all the time in the mirror , becouse then you will start to see things that arent actually there .

greetz