Telogen Effluvium Starting Almost Immediately

Jenny71

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I haven’t been the dr yet but have read up about this and had a question. My father passed October 2nd it was horrible and about a week later is when my hair started shedding. Everything I’ve read said shedding doesn’t start for 2-3 months. Granted he had been in the hospital since the end of August. Is it ever possible for the shedding to start almost immediately? It seems like too much of a coincidence.
Thank you! Just freaking out.

JCC05

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I haven’t been the dr yet but have read up about this and had a question. My father passed October 2nd it was horrible and about a week later is when my hair started shedding. Everything I’ve read said shedding doesn’t start for 2-3 months. Granted he had been in the hospital since the end of August. Is it ever possible for the shedding to start almost immediately? It seems like too much of a coincidence.
Thank you! Just freaking out.
HI Jenny,
I was in the same situation last year, my mom passed just days before Christmas, my hair a few months prior was falling out in clumps in the shower. After she passed it immediately thinned out. She was sick for six years, I went to the Dr. three times and was diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium; blood work was fine. But my hair is still thin and not growing back. I'm going to a Dermatologist in February. My part is wide and my crown is very thin. I had very thick hair.
I try not to stress and take vitamins and collagen everyday. I'm new here so I'm reading others posts as well.
Take Care