Telling People You Are Getting Hair? Who, And How?

Do you tell friends and co-workers you are getting a system?

• Total voters

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
In about three months, I will get my first hair system installed. Most people where I am currently living (Israel) have never seen me with hair.

I had dinner with the "boys" last night, two who knew, one who did not. One of them has a full head of hair (and a huge killer beard) is excited for me. The friend who did not know, was, as well, although prefers me shaved-headed and big bearded. The other friend, who is bald... is ambivalent. What he did say, was that I MUST tell folks at work, at least my team, that I share an office with. His thoughts were that if I show up with hair, no matter how amazing it looks, I will be ridiculed (it's Israel, people have 0 manners and 0 tact).

So... what have been your experiences?

Who did you tell beforehand?

Thanks,

BB

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you say people in israel are that bad and dont have any manners theres only 1 option left

I just told it to few friends who are trustful in my eyes,

but if you dont have such people in your life you have to become a strong strong personality who doesnt give a single sh*t about what other people are talking or thinking. Especially if your system looks badass, no one can judge you. they can try but if you're a confident dude who does what he wants, they cant do a sh*t to you. everyone is busy with his own life and if their life is so boring that they gotta talk about a dudes hair their life is much worse than you could imagine. Just do what you want and dont let your dreams distract you from other opinions. Nice people with brain and a good soul wont even talk about your hair or they will tell you how good it looks (if it really does).

So f*** off and dont even care what other people could think. Its your life bro

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you say people in israel are that bad and dont have any manners theres only 1 option left

I just told it to few friends who are trustful in my eyes,

but if you dont have such people in your life you have to become a strong strong personality who doesnt give a single sh*t about what other people are talking or thinking. Especially if your system looks badass, no one can judge you. they can try but if you're a confident dude who does what he wants, they cant do a sh*t to you. everyone is busy with his own life and if their life is so boring that they gotta talk about a dudes hair their life is much worse than you could imagine. Just do what you want and dont let your dreams distract you from other opinions. Nice people with brain and a good soul wont even talk about your hair or they will tell you how good it looks (if it really does).

So f*** off and dont even care what other people could think. Its your life bro

My friends are supportive, but they are telling me that I need to tell folks at work BEFORE the fitting.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update!

I have started telling folks, since that was the suggestion by some very good friends, here, in Israel.

Telling more folks that I know, and I am getting a TON of support from my friends, and some of the family I have told.

FYI, Israelis HATE surprises, but love to be "included", so they can ask lots of questions, give advice. I am actually finding this part of the journey VERY exciting. It's truly amazing how little the public at large knows about it. They know transplants, and nasty toupees. There is no direct translation for "hair system" into Hebrew. The word we do use, also is used for "hair replacement", which usually means transplant. And the other phrase means "hair extensions", so I need to explain, "a kind of wig that gets glued to my head". I think it will be easier, once I see it.

The bonus is the cut-in comes as part of a nice trip to Madrid, so looking forward to that, as well.

Weird thing, growing my "hair" out for this, and now it is being "wind-blown". I just don't recall (other than my beard) feeling the wind blowing through my hair.

I wish more of you folks would post pics! I do see, that many of the guys doing this have chosen really conservative styles. Short, business-men style cuts. I am going for something very modern, very "out there". I think folks will be a bit, shocked. That is kind of thrilling in itself, also.

Noah

Reaction score
It's great to hear how you are enjoying the hair replacement journey BB.

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, told the team at work... they response, basically "oh that's nice", and moved on with their conversation.