Taurine With Minoxidil And Sult1a1 Enzyme

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, well, but what does the intrahepatic SULT1A1 have to do with the SULT1A1 expressed in the scalp? OK, I get that for oral minoxidil, but I still don't understand what role aspirin plays? Why would anybody take aspirin in the first place (except for antiplatelet aggregation)? It's an obsolete drug for pain/inflammation with the highest risk of stomach issues and the lowest effectiveness compared to other NSAIDS.

regards
Kaus Klinski

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did this guy read about taurine creating salicylic acid ?

THis post is bullshit I cant find a single source stating this.

Infact taurine might even help REMOVE it from the body just like glycine

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
pick only 1
Salicylic acid undergoes further metabolism in the liver and kidney. Cytochrome p-450 enzyme system in mitochondria is capable of catalyzing salicylate into different metabolites such as 2,3,5-trihydroxy benzoic acid, 2,5-dihydroxy benzoic acid, and catechol. Salicylic acid is readily available for the conjugation reaction with glycine to form salicyluric acid or D-glucuronic acid and form salicylacyl glucuronide or 1-salicylate glucuronide via the formation of ether or ester bonds [42]. Salicylic acid has recognized antipyretic and antiinflammatory properties that underlie the use of willow bark for fever and arthritis. Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) is a synthetic derivative of salicylic acid that in addition has pronounced antiplatelet properties due to the presence of the acetyl group [43].

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the guy who made the thread understands either
If any of this was a big deal, there'd be a warning on Rogaine/Minoxidil saying please dont take over-the-counter asprin while minoxidil is applied on your scalp.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
The question is, why would anybody take aspirin in the first place? It's an obsolete drug for pain/inflammation and causes more harm than good.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 Gram of Aspirin per day for 6 months is a recipe for stomach issues. Bad idea. Why did you take such a relatively high dose for so long? If you want an anti platelet effect, not more than 50 - 100 mg/day is required. That's the only indiciation for (low dose) Aspirin. It's obsolete as a pain killer. Not only isn't it as effective as the newer nsaids, it's the hardest nsaid on the stomach due to the irreversible cox1 inhibition.

Regards
Kaus Klinski

getting_back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would Aspirin be useful to treat myocarditis, except for perhaps its anti platelet action (which requires only a very low dose)?

Regards
Kaus Klinski

Was diagnosed with Perimyokarditis one year ago. It wasn't viral nor caused by bacteria. And this was the preferred treatment.. I took also medication to protect my stomach alongside with colchicine.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took also medication to protect my stomach
Good idea. What did you take, a PPI? Keep in mind that PPi drugs taken longterm, especially in higher doses, can deplete the body of certain micronutrients, like zinc, B12, Iron, Magnesium and Calcium.

Regards
Kaus Klinski

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on oral minoxidil 1.25mg, been on this from december. I tried taurine 3g two months later daily,although it helps with sides from minoxidil, but i noticed shedding around a week later. I stopped taurine and within a week i stopped shedding, ive tried taurine again and now shedding yet again.

Now I've been doing some research on taurine and minoxidil so below is what i think

Minoxidil gets converted by an enzyme called sult1a1 to minoxidil sulfate without this enzyme users don't get any results.
Taurine is a sult1a1 inhibitor, so by inhibiting sult1a1 enzyme, minoxidil cannot convert into minoxidil sulfate by sulfotransferase by the sult1a1 enzyme. This must explain why my hair is shedding around a week after i take taurine.

Any thoughts from any users who use both??
Interesting-I started taurine since i was using oral min. I've dropped oral for topical so if taurine really does downregulate sult1a1, especially in the scalp, I should take a break and see what happens.

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't see the link between taurine and aspirine and how it's supposed to affect SULT1A1 ...

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
bros stop giving this sh*t visibility its some stupid person imagining sheddings and blaming it on taurine

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the mentioned person could conclude this thread and eventually give us some enlightenment?