Taurine With Minoxidil And Sult1a1 Enzyme

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on oral minoxidil 1.25mg, been on this from december. I tried taurine 3g two months later daily,although it helps with sides from minoxidil, but i noticed shedding around a week later. I stopped taurine and within a week i stopped shedding, ive tried taurine again and now shedding yet again.

Now I've been doing some research on taurine and minoxidil so below is what i think

Minoxidil gets converted by an enzyme called sult1a1 to minoxidil sulfate without this enzyme users don't get any results.
Taurine is a sult1a1 inhibitor, so by inhibiting sult1a1 enzyme, minoxidil cannot convert into minoxidil sulfate by sulfotransferase by the sult1a1 enzyme. This must explain why my hair is shedding around a week after i take taurine.

Any thoughts from any users who use both??

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
how do u know taurine inhibits this enzyme ? I couldnt find any info ?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only found this
upload_2019-5-13_8-36-16.png

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's for water retention why not try a very low dose of spironolactone instead? like 25mg or so.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's for water retention why not try a very low dose of spironolactone instead? like 25mg or so.
I take taurine for minoxidil sides for heart a mild duretic and hair growth, but i dont think im going to continue as i think its effecting minoxidil efficiency.
I didn't want to take anything hormonal, but i know i will have to take at some point. I will see if i can get hold of spironolactone in uk

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your regime? and what timeline did you add taurine? And did you notice shedding around week after tauring
Alot of supplements creatine beta alanine, pqq vitD,K high doses of L carnitine(4g) and glycine (5-10g) taurine (stopped it after reading this post).

Honestly glycine is one of the best supplements i take at night inflammation is very low and i feel good. Hair and skin looks better also.

I think glycine is a forgotten aminoacid which we dont eat nowdays and we are all very deficient in it (we eat about 2g per day when we should be eating 20g).

Kaus Klinski

My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP:
Could you please explain the pathway by which taurine is supposed to inhibit (or interact with) the SULT1A1 enzyme a little more detailed? To be honest, I don't completely get what you mean by "same process as asprin through salicylic acid".

Regards
Kaus Klinski

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP:
Could you please explain the pathway by which taurine is supposed to inhibit (or interact with) the SULT1A1 enzyme a little more detailed? To be honest, I don't completely get what you mean by "same process as asprin through salicylic acid".

Regards
Kaus Klinski

How does aspirin interact with Minoxidil?
When Minoxidil is applied to the scalp, the sulfotransferase enzymes found within the hair follicles, convert the drug into minoxidil sulfate, its active form. The activity of sulfotransferase within the hair’s follicles ultimately predicts how well the hair will respond to Minoxidil treatment for hair loss.

Sulfotransferase activity within the liver is known to be restricted by salicylic acid. So, the fact that low dose over-the-counter aspirin is a derivative of salicylic acid, shows how it can impact the effectiveness of products such as Minoxidil.

Taurine and glycine increase salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid restricts sulfotransferase activity

Im off taurine for a while now and i have l noticed less shedding of hair.
I think taurine is beneficial to hair, but i think it interacts with minoxidil efficiency..
Finisteride supposed to increase sulfotransferase

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.pathwaycommons.org/pc/record2.do?id=486033

Salicylic acid conjugated with glycine to yield molecules that are excreted by the kidneys

Stop spewing bullshit Glycine helps EXCRETE REMOVE salicylic acid from the body.

ffs with the misinformation in this forum

Calm down kid . Its a discussion forum discussing possibilities.

My understanding glycine excretes salicylic acid and forms salicyluric acid.