Taurine Helps With Hearing And Tinnitus

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just recently read this for a taurine supplement online. I don't if it was @TONSofBODYHAIR or some else that said they had tinnitus.
Anyways thought I'd post:
Taurine plays a vital role in hearing. In fact, studies have found that in some cases, taurine can reverse the biochemical processes behind hearing loss. Other studies have demonstrated that taurine can almost completely eliminate the ringing in the ears associated with tinnitus.

Much of the damage to hearing occurs not in the mechanical parts of the ear, but rather in the nerve cells that convert sound waves into the electrical energy that is perceived in our brains. Like other nerve cells, these so-called “hair cells” depend on the flow of calcium ions into and out of the cell. Taurine helps restore and control normal calcium ion flow in auditory cells

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is really helpfull as my tinitus has gotten really bad the past week and i cant sleep thanks!

Reaction score
Taurine is another relevant nutrients for hearing. I 've read that it may help to control the flow of calcium into and out of the hearing cells.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been suffering from tinnitus for years, that's interesting, thanks for the info! I would also like to recommend that you check out those meds from eDrugStore.com, for example. I am sure that you will find them interesting and helpful to you too, I often use that service, and I like it a lot!

Last edited:

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me its Sodium, Whenever I eat from outside it just starts ringing louder. Subway/Panda express is the worse.

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The other thing which might actually help - to visit staten island audiology. They have very good doctors and all the newest professional equipment. We've been there couple of times with my mom and she sees a very good result after those visits.

Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting because finasteride has definitely increased my tinnitus. Perhaps the same reason that it reduces body hair causes the same thing with the hair in the ears.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Mine is a ringing in my head, not in my ears...although I do get ringing in my ears if I'm exposed to loud music. I'm now interested in trying Taurine to see if it makes a difference. Like the other poster said, msg/sodium seems to make it worse.