Tape or glue

shookwun

Reaction score
those numbers are bogus.

I can tell you from experience if you're active, work out, have sex, and shower daily then you will be re & de-attaching every week.

The adhesives break down, and get mushy. Will seap through the lace.

These quacks claim 2-3 weeks hold is ridiculous. After 7 days I can still have it on my head, but the glue is so worn down that I can pull it off without any alcohol.

7 days is good because you will notice when the glue breaks down, that when you go to bed.. and wake up the hair will be matted down with the glue because it's breaching the lace.

Noah

Reaction score
"Bogus" is too strong. Everyone is different. I have got 14 days without any significant lift on a hiking trip, sleeping in a tent and hill-walking. It does make for a messier clean-up though, which is why I recommend normally doing a weekly change.

You may be exceptionally active, or exceptionally sweaty, or have unusually acid skin.

jack2000

Reaction score
It All Depends on your hair system

Like Rooster85, I too prefer glue but it all depends on what kind of system you have. Glue provides the strongest bond because it completely coats the scalp completely and works well with "skin“ type models. However, glue is no good for lace base systems, you have to use tape and lace is more difficult to clean but then again lace is more breathable. So it depends

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Like Rooster85, I too prefer glue but it all depends on what kind of system you have. Glue provides the strongest bond because it completely coats the scalp completely and works well with "skin“ type models. However, glue is no good for lace base systems, you have to use tape and lace is more difficult to clean but then again lace is more breathable. So it depends
isn't it advised not to use tape on lace?

Noah

Reaction score
No, tape with lace is fine. The problem is tape and skin, because you may tear the skin base when you take the tape off. The problem with skin is that it is impermeable to liquid, so you can't soak the tape off or weaken the bond with alcohol.

hhaaiirr

Reaction score
I agree, I feel unless you are traveling for work or simply do not have the privacy to do a re-attach, you should be cleaning weekly for best results. It's been less than a week for me and I already feel a bit uneasy.