Taking The Big Plunge.... A Bit Lost And Very Nervous!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Kiwiman, welcome.

Swiss Lace is the best for hairlines. French lace is similar, but a bit more robust and a little less undetectable. I would suggest you go for Swiss lace if you want a hairline which is exposed to full view; otherwise French lace is fine.

Lace comes in a variety of shades, so yes, you can get a match for your olive skin tone.

Your requirements of your salon are all very well thought-out. Addressing your initial questions:

1) Once you get it dyed and fitted with a stylist can you order the hair piece again since they have your measurements and colour? But obviously you have to get your haircut/style cut somewhere by yourself?

If you use a salon/stylist, they will order the hairpiece for you and they will cut it in on your head. They will keep your template (the mold of your area of coverage) and a record of your colour, so if you want another identical hairpiece they can have it made for you, but normally they would expect to do the cut-in on that too. Alternatively, if you have a spare hairpiece you can send it to a cheaper supplier (e.g. one of the internet vendors) to be copied. In that case you would need to find someone to cut it in.

2) French Lace base is best for the unnoticeable hairline. Also, I have olive skin so can you get a base to match that?

See above.

3) Are there any issues with scalp when using glues? I have read many complaints about glues and lifting. I sweat a lot in a day as I exercise regularly. Will the hair piece itch, fall off due to excess
seating? Will I have to remove and reapply it more often? What is the best glue that are
healthy for my skin/scalp? Ultrahold, Oil Resistant White Glue, Davlyn, Ghostbond etc?

Different people react differently to different adhesives, so you may have to experiment a bit to find the perfect combination for you. There are literally hundreds of different brands and formulae. Many guys have no problems at all with glues, so you may be one of the lucky ones. Some have problems with the hairline lifting, especially when they first start wearing, some experience itch, which can be a sign of a mild allergic reaction. I don't know anyone who hasn't been able to get a combination that works for them eventually. I work out and cycle in a climate which is humid and sweaty for part of the year, and I have no problem with glues - my piece is solid after 10 or 12 days, although I like to reattach every week.

4) What is the best company to go with in Europe? I'm in Germnay but am willing to
fly anywhere in Europe e.g. Madrid / London etc...

I will PM you some ideas on this. Hopefully others will chip in too, especially Baldbearded on a Onehead.

Noah