Taking Finasteride 0.25 For Dupa (diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia)

LeonardoM

My Regimen
Reaction score
In your case, some part of head are more thin than other? In your pictures don't seem that you have DUPA.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In your case, some part of head are more thin than other? In your pictures don't seem that you have DUPA.

what i have is the definition of DUPA, it is diffuse unpatterned alopecia .

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My is looking the same but even worse. I'm fighting it for 5 years on the top. For the sides I didn't do anything.
What do you guys think how far will this go? Until there is no hair left at the sides anymore?

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 4,495
  • IMG_20170614_184613267.jpg
    IMG_20170614_184613267.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,624

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it depends on the person. you'll never know what's its endgame.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you change your diet or lost any weight recently ?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm doing diet since some weeks (lost 5kg and I want to lose 5 more) but it has nothing to do with my hair. The sides are getting worse over the time for 5 years now. Actually I don't lose hair at the sides I can't pull out a single hair.

At the top of my head I'm using minoxidil and RU for 2.5 years now and it's working phenomenal. But my sides are getting worse...

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing diet since some weeks (lost 5kg and I want to lose 5 more) but it has nothing to do with my hair. The sides are getting worse over the time for 5 years now. Actually I don't lose hair at the sides I can't pull out a single hair.

At the top of my head I'm using minoxidil and RU for 2.5 years now and it's working phenomenal. But my sides are getting worse...

Very Interesting FCKW36, i just have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind:

How old are you?

Do you or have you ever taken any oral DHT blockers like finasteride or Dutasteride?

How can you tell if both RU and minoxidil are working and not just one of them?

Have you ever thought about just getting a body hair transplant for the sides and keeping it short?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very Interesting FCKW36, i just have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind:

How old are you?

Do you or have you ever taken any oral DHT blockers like finasteride or Dutasteride?

How can you tell if both RU and minoxidil are working and not just one of them?

Have you ever thought about just getting a body hair transplant for the sides and keeping it short?

Hey, I'm 24 years old and I first noticed my hairloss in 2012.

Nope, I took finasteride for some days but I had massive sides so i stopped it.

I'm not sure. I started both nearly at the same time and I got massive regrowth.
https://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/mv/msg/27194/389467/#msg_389467
There is a picture from 2014 when I started my treatment and one post later you can find a picture from these days.

Yes, because I want to wear a topper when I'm losing my top hair but I'm not sure if my body hair is strong enough.

My plan is to start with minoxidil and derma roller for the sides. I think minoxidil works really good for me.

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 24 years old and I first noticed my hairloss in 2012.

Nope, I took finasteride for some days but I had massive sides so i stopped it.

I'm not sure. I started both nearly at the same time and I got massive regrowth.
https://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/mv/msg/27194/389467/#msg_389467
There is a picture from 2014 when I started my treatment and one post later you can find a picture from these days.

Yes, because I want to wear a topper when I'm losing my top hair but I'm not sure if my body hair is strong enough.

My plan is to start with minoxidil and derma roller for the sides. I think minoxidil works really good for me.

They can use your beard hair, under your chin and around the neck, why are you thinking about a topper? your hair right now looks great, if you're responding well then you might maintain for a long time.

Were you not applying minoxidil to the sides?

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They can use your beard hair, under your chin and around the neck, why are you thinking about a topper? your hair right now looks great, if you're responding well then you might maintain for a long time.

Were you not applying minoxidil to the sides?

I'm thinking about a topper because I don't knoe how long my status will maintain.

No, unfortunately I didn't used minoxidil to the sides because I hoped it wouldn't be necessary but know I know it is and I will start with minoxidil and maybe RU to the sides and I'm hoping the best.

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a topper because I don't knoe how long my status will maintain.

No, unfortunately I didn't used minoxidil to the sides because I hoped it wouldn't be necessary but know I know it is and I will start with minoxidil and maybe RU to the sides and I'm hoping the best.

DO NOT ADD RU YET, basically this is a chance for you to see what minoxidil can do by itself, because you used Minoxidil and RU at the same time for the top, It's possible that only one of the two are actually working.

When you try meds, always try them individually, give them 1 year to see see what they can do then add another med.

Remember also, diffuse unpatterned alopecia can coexist with male pattern baldness, so you could be battling 2 different things at some point.

Do you have family history of Male pattern baldness?

coalfire

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same thing going on but in patchesView attachment 55079

From the photo, i can't really tell you what it might be, what you'll need to do first is take some blood tests, they'll typically look for any thyroid issues.

If all is well then perhaps try a scalp biopsy to rule out diffuse areata.

You might be in the early stages of diffuse unpatterned alopecia or senile alopecia, but have some tests done before taking any meds.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, my mother had some kind of hairloss when she gor older.
my father is a NW0 and he is 60 years old ;_;

i always hated my mother and now this :mad:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate my life...

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_144936.jpg
    IMG_20180205_144936.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,626
  • IMG_20180205_144823.jpg
    IMG_20180205_144823.jpg